Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Zenith tank, not much vapour....

• 23-10-2018 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭

Bought this as fed up of my Nautilus 2 leaking but.....with the 0.8 coil I'm not getting much vapour, 50/50 liquid at 18w. More flavour and more vapour with the Nautilus, same juice.Any idea why? Don't want to switch back already ;)

I want vapour, flavour, WANT IT ALL :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

dragona wrote: »
    Bought this as fed up of my Nautilus 2 leaking but.....with the 0.8 coil I'm not getting much vapour, 50/50 liquid at 18w. More flavour and more vapour with the Nautilus, same juice.Any idea why? Don't want to switch back already ;)

You really need to up the VG to 70 or 80 & a lower resistance coil & plenty of airflow.
    The 0.8 should give you loads of clouds if your juice was 80vg/20pg & plenty of airflow.
    I have some subtanks with 1.2ohm coil with plenty of airflow,70vg/30pg & vaping at 28w & has clouds to fill a room & loads of taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Vapeman

Sorry to butt in on your thread i just seen u had a zenith tank 2. Im after blowling 6 coils this week and i dont no why. Tank was full. Any help?

Vapeman wrote: »
    Sorry to butt in on your thread i just seen u had a zenith tank 2. Im after blowling 6 coils this week and i dont no why. Tank was full. Any help?

Something wrong there,I don't own a Zenith & have never used one,I was only giving advice to a new vapor about coils & vapour production.

You will get more advice if you go to this thread https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=108309997#post108309997

Click on Post Reply & ask your question again...

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭obnicc

Hey did you figure out a way to solve this? I loved the flavour and draw from the nautilus 2 tank but constant leaking was driving me crazy so i bought the zenith tank a few weeks ago after hearing so many good things about it but I’m so disappointed! It’s really lacking in flavour, I’m not too pushed about vapour production but lack of flavour is just a deal breaker for me. Went through the stock coils and then bought a box of coils in a different ohm to see if it made a difference but still barely any flavour so I gave up on it.

obnicc wrote: »
    Hey did you figure out a way to solve this? I loved the flavour and draw from the nautilus 2 tank but constant leaking was driving me crazy so i bought the zenith tank a few weeks ago after hearing so many good things about it but I’m so disappointed! It’s really lacking in flavour, I’m not too pushed about vapour production but lack of flavour is just a deal breaker for me. Went through the stock coils and then bought a box of coils in a different ohm to see if it made a difference but still barely any flavour so I gave up on it.

On other tanks,too much airflow can mute the flavour,not sure how the AFC works on a Zenith.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭obnicc

On other tanks,too much airflow can mute the flavour,not sure how the AFC works on a Zenith.

Yeah I keep my airflow quite closed off, I like a really tight draw for mtl. Don’t want to give up on it totally cuz it’s a nice little tank, the filling design is pretty unique, just a pity about the lack of flavour :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭dragona

I still am not happy.....I still prefer flavour from Nautilus, but the leaking.... also I feel the Zenith soaks up so much juice! Constantly re filling. I am at a loss, really thought I had it sussed!

I still am not happy.....I still prefer flavour from Nautilus, but the leaking.... also I feel the Zenith soaks up so much juice! Constantly re filling. I am at a loss, really thought I had it sussed!

I can't figure out why your Nautilus2 leaks,I have 3 of them which I use in the bedroom,they are mostly lying on their side on my bed because that's where I watch tv during the day,I sit them upright when I'm sleeping & I have never had one leak even when filling,I trust them so much that's why I leave them on the bed all day.
    How many have you got,if it's just one you have it must be an O-Ring missing from the coil or elsewhere on the tank,if it's not an O-Ring problem,if you have more than one that leaks then it must be a fault with the tank itself,a bad batch which does happen with most things.My Nautilus2's were bought from Vapewild.
    I suggest you invest in another Nautilus2,if you lived near me I would swap my Nautilus for yours for a week.I can understand the annoyance with a leaky tank,they were bad 10 years ago but big improvements today since that day.

I can't figure out why your Nautilus2 leaks,I have 3 of them which I use in the bedroom,they are mostly lying on their side on my bed because that's where I watch tv during the day,I sit them upright when I'm sleeping & I have never had one leak even when filling,I trust them so much that's why I leave them on the bed all day.
    How many have you got,if it's just one you have it must be an O-Ring missing from the coil or elsewhere on the tank,if it's not an O-Ring problem,if you have more than one that leaks then it must be a fault with the tank itself,a bad batch which does happen with most things.My Nautilus2's were bought from Vapewild.
    I suggest you invest in another Nautilus2,if you lived near me I would swap my Nautilus for yours for a week.I can understand the annoyance with a leaky tank,they were bad 10 years ago but big improvements today since that day.

I have three tanks, one of which leaks more than the others. No way can I leave any of them on their sides! Leaking from the air holes.I am careful not to over fill too.

And also, leaking aside, they are a bugger to refill, especially with arthritic hands :( And when you have just filled it, and then the coil starts to taste weird, a pain in the bum. That is why I thought the Zenith would be perfect, but I am considering sticking with the Nautilus!

I have three tanks, one of which leaks more than the others. No way can I leave any of them on their sides! Leaking from the air holes.I am careful not to over fill too.

And also, leaking aside, they are a bugger to refill, especially with arthritic hands :( And when you have just filled it, and then the coil starts to taste weird, a pain in the bum. That is why I thought the Zenith would be perfect, but I am considering sticking with the Nautilus!

I have the same problem,arthritis is not kind to us when it comes to vaping,up until last week I was using long nose pliers gripped on the air flow control to separate the tank for filling but now I tried the old marigold trick & it works great,no more hassle with unscrewing the tank.

It's funny that you say that you don't overfill,I'm always trying to get the most into all tanks but I've never had a leak with the airflow even when fully filled.

I have never tried the 1.6 or 1.8 coils in the new Nautilus2 only the .7 coils in all 3 of mine.I still use the old Nautilus's with a 1.6 coil & no leaks with that either.

The reason why tanks leak through the bottom AFC is because the screwed in coil into the base is not making a good seal with the base.Vacuum causes leaks as well,when filling,I presume you turn the tank upside down after filling when the top cap is screwed on & when it just bites into the o-ring.Not doing it this way will cause a vacuum.

• Advertisement

I have the same problem,arthritis is not kind to us when it comes to vaping,up until last week I was using long nose pliers gripped on the air flow control to separate the tank for filling but now I tried the old marigold trick & it works great,no more hassle with unscrewing the tank.

It's funny that you say that you don't overfill,I'm always trying to get the most into all tanks but I've never had a leak with the airflow even when fully filled.

I have never tried the 1.6 or 1.8 coils in the new Nautilus2 only the .7 coils in all 3 of mine.I still use the old Nautilus's with a 1.6 coil & no leaks with that either.

The reason why tanks leak through the bottom AFC is because the screwed in coil into the base is not making a good seal with the base.Vacuum causes leaks as well,when filling,I presume you turn the tank upside down after filling when the top cap is screwed on & when it just bites into the o-ring.Not doing it this way will cause a vacuum.

I only use the .7 coils too, I'm going to persevere with the zenith, just because it's easier to fill, keep the nautilus as spares.

Advertisement