Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Speeding Fine

• 25-08-2017 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭

So just outside Cork this evening on my way home to Limerick I was done for speeding ....Now the guard on duty was a bit of a mental case

He pulled over me and another fella ahead of me , and within minutes of looking at mine and your man's license he pulls this story out of his arse that we must know each other because we're both from Limerick and why were we racing down a main road :rolleyes:

I've never ever been done for anything before so not sure of this , He said he'd use his ....Better judgement.....:rolleyes: and take my word that I didn't know the other fella in the car ...and issued me with a fine , now my question is does this come with penalty points ? he didn't mention it like and I've never had any before ...

Comments

So just outside Cork this evening on my way home to Limerick I was done for speeding ....Now the guard on duty was a bit of a mental case

He pulled over me and another fella ahead of me , and within minutes of looking at mine and your man's license he pulls this story out of his arse that we must know each other because we're both from Limerick and why were we racing down a main road :rolleyes:

I've never ever been done for anything before so not sure of this , He said he'd use his ....Better judgement.....:rolleyes: and take my word that I didn't know the other fella in the car ...and issued me with a fine , now my question is does this come with penalty points ? he didn't mention it like and I've never had any before ...

3 penalty points. Don't speed, don't get the points.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 393 ✭✭Didactic Ninja

ouch. pay up and bite your lip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I wasn't saying I was complaining just asking a question keep your snarky remarks to yourselves

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

So, what kind if emergency vehicle do you drive OP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭easygoing1982

3 points come automatically with the fine. I'm not on the usual boards high horse that your witnessing here but really anyone on a full licence should know what you do and don't get points for

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭roosky

Hi I was stopped by guard on September 7th for speeding but still havent got a ticket......did he let me off ???

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭easygoing1982

roosky wrote: »
    Hi I was stopped by guard on September 7th for speeding but still havent got a ticket......did he let me off ???

I've just asked him and he said no

Advertisement