Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW9 Captain?

Options
  • 18-10-2018 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭

Currently on Aguero for me but maybe Sterling if I can squeeze him in with my WC

Edit: Poll sorted now

GW9 Captain? 156 votes

Aguero
    0% 0 votes
    Sterling
    62% 98 votes
    Kane
    8% 13 votes
    Hazard
    7% 12 votes
    Salah
    5% 8 votes
    Mane
    10% 17 votes
    Ricky
    1% 2 votes
    Lacazette
    0% 1 vote
    PEA
    3% 5 votes
    Other
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,228 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Kun

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Agueroooo

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭MurDawg

Sterling

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

He's not in my team yet, but it will be Sergio

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

As my choice is dicataed by the winner of both this and the FFS poll it looks like Aguero will be my captain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Definitely tempted to go Salah as a differential! I think Kun has a higher expected median but Salah a higher expected average. Last time i thought that though it didn't go well lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,050 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Salah at the moment. could just go safe with the FFS poll though and go Aguero.

the problem with that is, why do I have Salah if I can't comfortably captain him against Huddersfield?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

SlickRic wrote: »

the problem with that is, why do I have Salah if I can't comfortably captain him against Huddersfield?
    You make a valid point. If Klopp says Salah is fit to play then I may have to reconsider my strategy.

SlickRic wrote: »

For me he is default unless another heavy hitter has a good fixture and kun at home to Burnley definitely fits the bill! I wish Salah had a harder fixture so it was a clearer choice!

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Salah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Kun VC, just in case.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Sterling's international minutes worry me so it's auto kun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Lacazette

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

Are Burnley worse than last 2 years? In 70 minutes i cant get that Aguero is really that much of a cert scorer against generally a tight defensive unit.

Taxuser1 wrote: »
    Are Burnley worse than last 2 years? In 70 minutes i cant get that Aguero is really that much of a cert scorer against generally a tight defensive unit.

They are totally different prospect now. They've allowed the most shots so far this season.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Thinking Hazard as a differential.

United can't defend. He's in great form. Other captain options are in questionable form and/or possible limited minutes.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Aguero with Lacazette vice captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

GLaDOS wrote: »
    Thinking Hazard as a differential.

United can't defend. He's in great form. Other captain options are in questionable form and/or possible limited minutes.

He's my VC. He's certainly a good punt with his form and the way Man U have been defending

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Aguero because of the players at my disposal but I dont think there is anyone better in general

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭student7890

Hazard in form and my eventual choice.
    Captaincy on mitro at present and Wilson tempts in the southcoast derby but will be haz tomorrow.

Beam me up Scotty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Aguero

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I tried to be smart and went Salah last gameweek for a bit of differential and that fell flat.

That said, I feel Liverpool are really going to streamroll Huddersfield. Might play safe with Aguero.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭sicknotexi

Pretty sure I'm swapping Kane out for Aguero and captaining him. Not crazy about swapping Kane out but think it has to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Stroke Politics

Auba, Hazard or Sterling? I’m going to have to make a decision in the morning....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Salah. No Kun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Kun

• Registered Users Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Auba, Hazard or Sterling? I’m going to have to make a decision in the morning....
    Just on Sterling, does anyone think he might not start this weekend? He played a lot more minutes than their other players during the int break and City have a important CL game in Ukraine on Tuesday, wouldn't surprise me if he was saved for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Just on Sterling, does anyone think he might not start this weekend? He played a lot more minutes than their other players during the int break and City have a important CL game in Ukraine on Tuesday, wouldn't surprise me if he was saved for that.

It worries me the minutes he played I think he will start but could get pulled on 60 or 65 if they are comfortable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

Whoever's playing Cardiff!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Stroke Politics

Auba 8/15 on to score, Hazard 5/4. Sterling 5/6 on but will he have 90 mins...

Advertisement