Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ticketmaster

• 18-10-2018 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

Hi, trying to get through to ticketmaster to get a refund for an event that was rescheduled and I can't attend. No answer for several days, emailed, no answer. The number I have is 0818-903001.

Any ideas how to get hold of them at all? Very frustrating.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Twitter or email them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,514 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I got through easily enough this afternoon ,0818-903001 is the correct number.
    Had to ring a few times as it was engaged the first 2 times but was only waiting a couple of minutes to talk to an agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭dubmick

Same here, line is constantly busy or ringing out. They don’t reply to emails. No direct messages on twitter either. Might have to write them a letter at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

Cant you get your credit card company to do a chargeback on the basis that the goods/service you paid for will now not be provided and you have made reasonable efforts to contact TM but no response?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Irelandfan1990

Been trying to ring that number all day to purchase disabled tickets for Westlife through their presale and it's been engaged all day since 8:30am. Absolute joke since this is the only way to purchase disabled tickets for gigs in Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭dubmick

Same again today. Very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Zardoz

dubmick wrote: »

They are a shambles.
    Anyone who bought standing tickets for U2 in Dublin and no longer has the same credit card used for the booking has to update their details by phone.
    Its nigh on impossible to get through .

They seem to have only a handful of operators .

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭unichick

I finally got through to them after literally ringing them 10 times in a row when they were engaged. Had a very brief conversation and they said my refund would be processed. A disaster to deal with though. I'd advise to keep ringing if u hear the engaged tone and eventually you'll get through. You'd need the patience of a saint though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 david24136

Zardoz wrote: »
    dubmick wrote: »

They are a shambles.
    Anyone who bought standing tickets for U2 in Dublin and no longer has the same credit card used for the booking has to update their details by phone.
    Its nigh on impossible to get through .

They seem to have only a handful of operators .
    I also have U2 tickets that I need to update my card details for, why I can't do it online is just beyond me, anyway I have been ringing them for the last 2 days and keep getting the same automated message 'The service requested is currently not available', anyone else getting this? I emailed them but just got an automated response, anyone have any thoughts what to do next :angry:.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 sevenshades

I'm getting this too, need to get in touch for the same reason. I see they've updated the website in relation to this:

'If you no longer have the original card used to purchase, and your new card has a new 16 digit number on the front, you will need to go to the venue box office.'

That sounds like it could be a disaster with queues etc.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

I also have U2 tickets that I need to update my card details for,

I though you could just bring the old and you would gain entry?
    It says the original card used to purchase must be presented, nothing about being valid or in date.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 sevenshades

I though you could just bring the old and you would gain entry?
    It says the original card used to purchase must be presented, nothing about being valid or in date.

Yeah you're good if you have the old card or if the new card has the same number, its just if you don't have it and the new card has a different number.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭pooch90

OP, is it the Kylie gig you're contacting them about? I've rang that number about 40 times this week and either it doesn't ring or they say all operators are busy & disconnect you. I've tweeted them loads and have done the contact form on their website. Also, the card I booked with isn't valid anymore so that'll be another pain in the ar$e I'm sure.
    What would happen if I don't get through before new date (only a few weeks away)? So mad now that I'm thinking small claims or something might be only option.
    At least Ticketmaster UK has a direct customer service a/c on Twitter and they responded within minutes, but can't help :(

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Bazsutto

They are a horrible crowd and don’t give a sh!t about their customers thanks to the monopoly they hold.

I tried to purchase tickets to a gig, but got an error message when processing my credit card. I got no confirmation of tickets but when I checked my statement they had charged me. I sent them 3 emails over a 2 week period and have still heard nothing from them. I also tried ringing the number but no success.

Losing pacence now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,197 ✭✭✭secman

Bazsutto wrote: »
    They are a horrible crowd and don’t give a sh!t about their customers thanks to the monopoly they hold.

I tried to purchase tickets to a gig, but got an error message when processing my credit card. I got no confirmation of tickets but when I checked my statement they had charged me. I sent them 3 emails over a 2 week period and have still heard nothing from them. I also tried ringing the number but no success.

Losing pacence now.

The customer services section are very much under staffed and have been trying to get their staff numbers increased , they are the section who take all the flack and abuse, just saying it's not their fault but they get it in the neck.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Bazsutto

secman wrote: »
    The customer services section are very much under staffed and have been trying to get their staff numbers increased , they are the section who take all the flack and abuse, just saying it's not their fault but they get it in the neck.

Who said anything about giving abuse? I just want my query delt with. Ticketmaster have taken €200 of my money over 3 weeks ago and I can’t get in contact with them to sort it. Is that good customer service?

Advertisement