Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Buttkickers?

• 15-10-2018 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,067 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone use one, what type etc? Wondering would a pearl one be better than a gamer 2?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭thurlesdrunk

Anyone use one, what type etc? Wondering would a pearl one be better than a gamer 2?

Yep, had a gamer 2, brillant piece of kit. Wanted more power so upgraded to Pearl throne thumper, 2 to 3 times more powerful than the gamer 2.
    Using the Pearl throne thumper alongside a BK advance now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,067 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Would the pearl be a good upgrade from the gamer 2 on its own, can get a new gamer 2 or used pearl for the same price...what software are you using?

Would the pearl be a good upgrade from the gamer 2 on its own, can get a new gamer 2 or used pearl for the same price...what software are you using?

The pearl alone is a massive upgrade. My only gripe with the gamer 2 was I wanted more power. If you can get either one for the same price I'd definitely recommend the Pearl.

Mounted directly under the seat works best.

Depends on the game if I use software or not. I have it connected split off the sub signal on a sony 7.1 system .Raceroom LFE effects are excellent so I run that without any additional software. Feels brillant. For other games I use sim hub. Free software.

I've heard sim vibe software is the best but its around $80 last time I checked.

First try it without software and see if you need it. Software is more useful if you have multiple buttkickers connected.

Cheers the first thing I'll be firing up is probably dirt rally haven't went for a spin all summer.
    Have the deal done on the pearl, I'm a bit confused about the cable to connect it to the pc, is this just a fancy looking jack to headphone jack cable, can't see what other type of cable it is, https://www.rseat-europe.com/THMP-1-BUTTKICKER
    The chap is going to include the cable but we're both confused about the one RSeat are saying you need.

Cheers the first thing I'll be firing up is probably dirt rally haven't went for a spin all summer.
    Have the deal done on the pearl, I'm a bit confused about the cable to connect it to the pc, is this just a fancy looking jack to headphone jack cable, can't see what other type of cable it is, https://www.rseat-europe.com/THMP-1-BUTTKICKER
    The chap is going to include the cable but we're both confused about the one RSeat are saying you need.

Are you connecting it directly off the soundcard on the PC? Or are you using a surround system?

If I remember right I used a 6.3 jack to RCA adaptor.

I can have a check this eve when home.

• Advertisement

Intended to connect to the soundcard or just the headphone jack at the front of the pc. There all 3.5mm connections from what I can see.

Intended to connect to the soundcard or just the headphone jack at the front of the pc. There all 3.5mm connections from what I can see.

Its a 6.3 jack on the back of the pearl throne thumer amp so you would want a 3.5mm male to 6.3mm male cable. The easiest thing to do is get a standard 3.5mm male to 3.5mm male cable, and put a 3.5mm female to 6.3 male adaptor on it. Thats an easy standard adaptor to find.

Thats kind of what I have done but a little more messy as I have the signal split into 2 buttkicker amps.

Advertisement