Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Most Common Match-up

• 13-10-2018 5:39pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Spawning from the Championship 2019 thread, Clare have played Kerry 5 times in 4 years, Mayo and Galway have played 5 times in 5 years. I wonder if any other match-up has taken less than 4 years to happen 5 times, excluding replays.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭funnyname

Clareman wrote: »
    Spawning from the Championship 2019 thread, Clare have played Kerry 5 times in 4 years, Mayo and Galway have played 5 times in 5 years. I wonder if any other match-up has taken less than 4 years to happen 5 times, excluding replays.

Surely Cork Kerry, mid to late 00s

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

funnyname wrote: »
    Surely Cork Kerry, mid to late 00s

They'd only have played once a season then, Clare played Kerry a couple of times in 1 season and in every other season, I can't find another pairing that have done that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,990 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

They'd only have played once a season then, Clare played Kerry a couple of times in 1 season and in every other season, I can't find another pairing that have done that.

Off the top of my head between 2004 and 2015 Cork played Kerry 19 times without a gap.

12 times in Munster
    1 replay in Munster (2006)
    3 All Ireland Semi finals
    1 All Ireland Semi final replay (2008)
    2 All Ireland finals.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Off the top of my head between 2004 and 2015 Cork played Kerry 19 times without a gap.

12 times in Munster
    1 replay in Munster (2006)
    3 All Ireland Semi finals
    1 All Ireland Semi final replay (2008)
    2 All Ireland finals.

So Kerry and Cork played 6 times in 3 seasons (excluding replays) 2007-2009, Kerry really don't play a lot of different teams by the looks of things

• Registered Users Posts: 14,990 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

So Kerry and Cork played 6 times in 3 seasons (excluding replays) 2007-2009, Kerry really don't play a lot of different teams by the looks of things

Plus in the past few years Kerry have had Quarter Final matchups with Limerick and Clare, teams they are well used of meeting

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

Derry and Tyrone played 6 times in 4 years between 2001 and 2004. Derry and Antrim played 5 times I think between 2000 and 2002, since then they have only played once in 2007.

Advertisement