Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How does the FREE HIT chip work?

• 10-10-2018 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

Is it like a one off Wildcard for a week and then after that Game Week, your team reverts back to its original form?

And when is the best time to play it? Much like playing Triple Captain in Double Gameweek?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭macraignil

Is it like a one off Wildcard for a week and then after that Game Week, your team reverts back to its original form?

And when is the best time to play it? Much like playing Triple Captain in Double Gameweek?

Cheers

Yes it is like a one game week wildcard with team reverting to old one after that.

I think the best time to play it last season would have been when there was a game week with very few teams playing. It meant for me having played the free hit already I only had seven or eight players actually playing that week and a couple of those I would have preferred to leave on the bench. If I had the free hit I could have selected a reasonably good 11 from the teams that were actually playing that week.

I mistakenly used it when I had three players playing against another three players and thought it would be a disaster of a game week with their scores canceling each other out. As it turned out playing the original team even when playing against each other would have scored more than the ones I picked on the free hit who mostly just decided to have a off week when I had them selected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

macraignil wrote: »
    Yes it is like a one game week wildcard with team reverting to old one after that.

I think the best time to play it last season would have been when there was a game week with very few teams playing. It meant for me having played the free hit already I only had seven or eight players actually playing that week and a couple of those I would have preferred to leave on the bench. If I had the free hit I could have selected a reasonably good 11 from the teams that were actually playing that week.

I mistakenly used it when I had three players playing against another three players and thought it would be a disaster of a game week with their scores canceling each other out. As it turned out playing the original team even when playing against each other would have scored more than the ones I picked on the free hit who mostly just decided to have a off week when I had them selected.

That's a terrific bit of advice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Is there a restriction where you can't use the other chips at the same time? Like you can't free hit and bench boost?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭nullObjects

FHFC wrote: »

Nice one, thanks!

"Only one chip may be active in a Gameweek. For example, it is not possible to make transfers with your Wildcard chip and then use your Bench Boost chip in the same Gameweek.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

The real benefit IMO is later in the season where the bigger teams miss matches due to cup commitments. This leaves them with a double GW which is great op for TC or BB chip. But it also means there’s a GW where you don’t have say city, Liverpool and Chelsea playing (+ their opponents) so rather than having to load up on Brighton and Huddersfield players you can just play the FH for that week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Green&Red wrote: »
    The real benefit IMO is later in the season where the bigger teams miss matches due to cup commitments. This leaves them with a double GW which is great op for TC or BB chip. But it also means there’s a GW where you don’t have say city, Liverpool and Chelsea playing (+ their opponents) so rather than having to load up on Brighton and Huddersfield players you can just play the FH for that week

Oh yes :D

Advertisement