Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Divinity:Original Sin 2

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,326 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Cina wrote: »
    Anyone who played the original just over a year ago (like me), do you find the definitive edition worth playing now? Is there enough in it to make it worthwhile?

I'm still on the original island (playing multiplayer, so it's slower than normal) but I'll let you know once I get to the later stages.

So far, there's a few QoL improvements that are quite nice.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

So i refused to let the game beat me, and went back at it this week. Loaded an earlier save, where i hadn't gone across to the higher level areas, and went from there. Respecced my characters, and started paying attention to the fights. Having a much better time now, and am beating fights i was earlier having major issues with. It really does require tactical thinking for some of these fights, and i just wasn't paying enough attention.

Really enjoying it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭ballyargus

The aetera at level 14 makes me want to cry. Unplayable, even with cheese

Finally onto Act 3. Really enjoying it still, though i do kind of just want to get to the end now to see what happens.

Don't rush it. Pay attention.

Otherwise the ending may not be as personable as you deserve.

• Advertisement

It's taken me 60 or so hours to get to Act 3, so definitely not rushing it :P

As much as i enjoy the combat, i'd still take real time combat over turn based any day (at least in isometric rpg's). i just prefer how chaotic it can all feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Just finished it there. Thought the last quarter of the game was a slog. Maybe it's just me but it felt like the developers ran out of steam and the game lost the excitement and passion of the first 3/4.

Everything got a bit repetitive and combat felt quite scarce. I got to level 21 eventually but never really got to kick much a$$ with the new found power of those last couple of levels. The final battle
    was a joke and I finished it in 1 turn. Arx as a whole was a total chore imo
    . The epilogue was enjoyable but the game felt a bit long.

Great game over all and a vast improvement over the first. Sits right up there with the best crpgs. None of them are perfect and, for me, this over stayed its welcome somewhat at the end.

Now, what to play next?? Anyone play Tides of Numenera? Any use? I forgot I had backed it a few years ago. Was clearing out me inbox last week when I found the release email. :p

Now, what to play next?? Anyone play Tides of Numenera? Any use? I forgot I had backed it a few years ago. Was clearing out me inbox last week when I found the release email. :p

Me too actually. Must give that a pop.

Pillars of Eternity 2 is out as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Pillars of Eternity 2 is out as well.

Finished that in the summer too :(. Thought it was epic. Enjoyed Divinitys combat much more but POE 2 trumped it everywhere else imo.

I thought i was near the end, but it just keeps on going :P 71 hours in, and i think i'm near the end of Act 3 (or at least the Island). Still have Arx to go to it seems like.

PoE2 is my next game, as it's supposed to be excellent.

• Advertisement

Also, there is some fantastic music in the game. Love the theme on Lady Vengence, and there are a few other stand out ones as well.

Kiith wrote: »
    Also, there is some fantastic music in the game. Love the theme on Lady Vengence, and there are a few other stand out ones as well.

I particularly loved the music from the initial 'boss' fight with Alexander, really nailed the mood of the fight for me (until the worm shows up).

Hit a massive wall in Arx. The difficulty jumped massively, and i can't seem to beat anything now. Seems like i'm underlevelled, even though i've been doing the bast majority of the quests along the way. Bloody annoying again, so i think i'll just lower the difficulty to get through it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭ballyargus

The combat and music are excellent. I'm in Arx as well but I don't feel compelled to get to the end. Little things like exploration, finding relevant NPCs (and then even timing the chat click accurately), and chaining & unchaining your characters are all quite finicky and frustrating. The game is an 8/10 at best, it has nowhere near the replay value or engagement of any of the grand old games of the genre (BG etc)

Right, think i'm really close to the end now. After having an awful time at the start of Arx, I'm pretty much slaughtering everything now. Finished most of the side quests, and companion quests (which were really well done...Lohse especially). Heading into what i assume is the final dungeon/section now.

Definitely the most tactical combat i've ever played, and absolutely worth the high review scores it's received. I still put Baldurs Gate 2 as my favourite RPG ever, but this comes very close.

93 hours and done :P

Kiith wrote: »
    93 hours and done :P

You got up in the morning to play, or you finished it late last night?

Finished way to late last night, and was wrecked this morning, but glad to finally be finished it. Loved it, but definitely went on a bit in the end (though that's my own fault for trying to complete every side quest).

Onto PoE2 now i think, or i might do some Assassins Creed.

... then found a bear corpse ... found the cub of the bear corpse, told that cub that his mother was still alIve (she wasn't) ... laughed at the happy hopeful head on him running off calling for his mummy ... followed him to her corpse and then (in front of the cub) turned the bear mother's corpse into a necromantic bloated re-animation.

So, I went one worse in the current multiplayer game. I used the necromantic bloated abomination to kill the bear cub.

My teammates made me reload. They actually threatened to stop playing unless I reloaded.

I agree with them, to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,999 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I never found the bear cub's mother in either of my play throughs. I felt really bad for it and your teammates were right!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement