Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 8 Transfers.

Comments

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Anyone else thinking of not boarding the Kane Train?

Listening to a couple of podcasts and read a few articles this week and I'm not convinced either way yet.

Haven't seen a lot of Spurs this season but saw a bit of Kane at the World Cup and he looked wrecked imho; saw a bit of the Huddersfield match and he still wasn't great.....but 2 goals from 3 shot all the same.:confused::confused:

And...heard a bit of the BBC 5 Live commentary last night and they said that Kane looked much fresher, sharper against Barca than he had in recent games.:confused::confused::confused:

But....Spurs have relatively poor fixtures after Cardiff, and any move I make for him will involve getting rid of Aguero.:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Have 2FT's so the likely move would be Shaw to 4.0M fodder and Aguero to Kane.

Im not boarding now felt last week was the time to do it to get the 2 easy games in.

Just out of interest what podcasts do you listen to?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

I have 2 transfers but I think I'm happy enough with my team, other than my keeper:

Foster (hamer)
    Alonso, Robertson, wan-b, Holebas (Bennett)
    Salah, D Silva, Hazard, richarlison (gunnarsson)
    Aguero, Ings (Wilson)

Was thinking of downgrading silva to Maddison and upgrading holebas to trippier but might be chasing points? Don't want Kane and silva scored midweek so if he plays then he might do well.

Don't have funds to do Wilson->mitro.

So was thinking team is in OK shape, just change keeper and bank 2nd transfer?

Have 0.1m in bank so could do:

Foster-hart

or

Foster-patricio

Was also thinking Ederson but don't have the extra 1.2m.

Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,494 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Also interested in this. FF Scout, Always Cheating, WGTA and FMLFPL my current ones.

I have 2 transfers but I think I'm happy enough with my team, other than my keeper:

Foster (hamer)
    Alonso, Robertson, wan-b, Holebas (Bennett)
    Salah, D Silva, Hazard, richarlison (gunnarsson)
    Aguero, Ings (Wilson)

Was thinking of downgrading silva to Maddison and upgrading holebas to trippier but might be chasing points? Don't want Kane and silva scored midweek so if he plays then he might do well.

Don't have funds to do Wilson->mitro.

So was thinking team is in OK shape, just change keeper and bank 2nd transfer?

Have 0.1m in bank so could do:

Foster-hart

or

Foster-patricio

Was also thinking Ederson but don't have the extra 1.2m.

Any advice?

As outlined above I'd also consider Ryan for that GK swap. Especially as you have Wolves defence in there plus their fixtures are toughening

• Registered Users Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

KevIRL wrote: »
    As outlined above I'd also consider Ryan for that GK swap. Especially as you have Wolves defence in there plus their fixtures are toughening
    Again, not a good transfer for this week as he could drop in value in the next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

The Friday night deadline (ssssh) might save him this week.

Thanks for the heads up, I missed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,585 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Also interested in this. FF Scout, Always Cheating, WGTA and FMLFPL my current ones.

Tried a few lately but am leaning towards The FPL General one (The 59th Minute) and 3 Amigos FPL Show as regular listens.

I'll probably go with Kane in the end anyway and end up a foddery non playing 5th defender.

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Tried a few lately but am leaning towards The FPL General one (The 59th Minute) and 3 Amigos FPL Show as regular listens.

I'll probably go with Kane in the end anyway and end up a foddery non playing 5th defender.

Gave the three amigos one a whirl, but couldn't stand it. The $hite talk about giroud's looks was the final straw

• Registered Users Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Im probably the only one with Pogba.Thought he could redeem himself and hes on Penos but hes been a failure.
    Begovic
    Alonso Shaw Robertson Wan Bis Simpson
    Have Richarlison Hazard Frasier Mane Pogba
    Aguero Giroud Long

Im sticking with Aguero and can down grade Long for an extra .3 .Any ideas Moura Ozil Madisson all possibilitrs are do I just wait and see if Pogs can deliver at home to Newcastle.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Toying with all sorts of ideas here

A) Ricky & Aguero out, Knockaert & Kane in

B) Salah & Zaha out, Bilva & Kane in

Both for a -4

• Advertisement

Would Hart or Patricio not be better than Ryan? Ryan seems like sideways move from Foster.

Toying with all sorts of ideas here

A) Ricky & Aguero out, Knockaert & Kane in

B) Salah & Zaha out, Bilva & Kane in

Both for a -4

I'm not sure I'd get rid of Aguero or Salah for Kane yet, especially for a -4.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Would Hart or Patricio not be better than Ryan? Ryan seems like sideways move from Foster.

Good run of fixtures coming up

I am not convinced it will make a difference or that schedule makes a massive difference for budget keepers. They are almost more likely to get save points vs the better teams

I'm not sure I'd get rid of Aguero or Salah for Kane yet, especially for a -4.

Thanks

Other option is Mane & Zaha out, Kane & 4.7 mid in

Afraid to go Kaneless & no other (C) options

I have two free transfers and am struggling to make a transfer

A good wildcard two weeks ago means i have value tied up in almost everyone but Salah

Thanks

Other option is Mane & Zaha out, Kane & 4.7 mid in

Afraid to go Kaneless & no other (C) options

that might be the way to go, what would your team be then?

that might be the way to go, what would your team be then?

Looking at

Ederson,

Trippier, Robbo, Kabasele, AWB (Peltier)

Salah, Maddison, Ricky, Lucas Moura (4.7 max fodder)

Aguero, Kane (Zohore)

Current team is

Ederson,

Trippier, Robbo, Kabasele, (AWB Peltier)

Salah, Maddison, Ricky, Lucas Moura, Mane

Aguero, Zaha (Zohore)

Looking at

Ederson,

Trippier, Robbo, Kabasele, AWB (Peltier)

Salah, Maddison, Ricky, Lucas Moura (4.7 max fodder)

Aguero, Kane (Zohore)

Current team is

Ederson,

Trippier, Robbo, Kabasele, (AWB Peltier)

Salah, Maddison, Ricky, Lucas Moura, Mane

Aguero, Zaha (Zohore)

Why keep peltier?

Why keep peltier?

I'd rather not but not wasting a -4 getting rid of one fodder for another. Will sort that on WC

Above are 2 transfers, not WC

I'd rather not but not wasting a -4 getting rid of one fodder for another. Will sort that on WC

Above are 2 transfers, not WC

Do you have a wildcard plan as to when you will play it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,627 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Last GW i bottled on Aguero to Kane for a captaincy switch (temp) but just about got away with it. This GW i have the same dilemma but will cost me a -4.

A single Kane haul could hurt me in mini leagues so do i stick or twist this week?

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Do you have a wildcard plan as to when you will play it?

Int break maybe, edging towards that. If not, end of Nov for December

Int break maybe, edging towards that. If not, end of Nov for December

If it the International break, go for it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Have 2FTs and want to hold Salah and Aguero, so the Kane switch is out.

Looking at David Silva and Ward to Maddison and Knockaert (bench Ings) OR Silva and Ings to Maddison and Arnautovic.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Benimar wrote: »
    Have 2FTs and want to hold Salah and Aguero, so the Kane switch is out.

Looking at David Silva and Ward to Maddison and Knockaert (bench Ings) OR Silva and Ings to Maddison and Arnautovic.

Id consider doing silva to son and keep the 2nd ft. Might protect against any damage kane does.

Id consider doing silva to son and keep the 2nd ft. Might protect against any damage kane does.

Interesting..... Salah to Son might be a one week punt

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Thanks, I like the sound of that move.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Anyone else have Pedro? :D

I'm going to keep him if tonight's lineup involves Willian starting and Pedro being available on the bench but not coming on for long or at all. Considering the opposition though anyone could end up playing so might have to sell him.

Agree with all those taking an interest in Knockaert. Has that bit of form and good fixtures. Stats ok but for his price good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,363 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Arnie or Mitrovic this week? Favouring Mitro, his next two fixtures are better and could do Zaha to Arnie in GW10 then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭COH

Used 2FT and went Mendy > Holebas and Ings > Arnie. I like the look of Watfords fixtures and Arnie seems great value even though I missed his rise.

Will get Mendy back in after the int. break if he looks like becoming a regular again

Advertisement