Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garda Recruitment 2018

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Does anyone know how many will get in? I reckon around 5000 will apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Catepillar1994

So a 1 in 6 chance roughly. Tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 thos23

Would anyone know what type of a result would be required to achieve a good OOM number in the non verbal reasoning? is 80% approx good or would you need higher result to be near the top?

thos23 wrote: »
    Would anyone know what type of a result would be required to achieve a good OOM number in the non verbal reasoning? is 80% approx good or would you need higher result to be near the top?

80 seems good to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Aptitude tests on public jobs. (part B)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TheBiz

I've just completed the section B of part 1, the verbal and nonverbal reasoning, how did people find it?

For nonverbal I got 20/24 done, there was maybe 1 or 2 I got stumped on and just took an educated guess to move on.
    I was got all right bar 1 in the non verbal practice but I don't think the actual thing went as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Oskar.dd

anyone got their results yet? Do we have an idea of how many ppl applied and how many passed?!?

Everyone got their results. 900 through so far out of 6000. More will go through as it progresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭leheaven

Oskar.dd wrote: »
    anyone got their results yet? Do we have an idea of how many ppl applied and how many passed?!?

Did you get results? If not I’d get on to PAS about it

• Advertisement

i did yea now need to book in for stage 2

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

i did yea now need to book in for stage 2

I assumed that they would contact you, depending on your OOM?

They email you and you have to call to book the stage 2, or they take that you are no longer interested lol, so yeah they tell you what you need but you have to book yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

They email you and you have to call to book the stage 2, or they take that you are no longer interested lol, so yeah they tell you what you need but you have to book yourself

This is news to me.. Is it your actual personal email address or just a message on the publicjobs? I'm low, 2000's So not sure, if I am going to get contacted though.. :P

EDIT: Oh, seems like only 900 are being called. As far as I read from the message...

Yeah public jobs message, but they contact you in due time and you have to call pas and book, best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭howsitgoingboy

Anyone get their stage 2 results yet ?

Advertisement