Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Waterford pubs

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

dzilla wrote: »
    The Alcohol content is irresponsible to be honest and thats coming from a craft appreciation fan. Trying to tell some people to savour the one strong beer is not applicable to the drinking culture here in my opinion. If a Macro style brewary did this they would be slated.

The 10.1% beer is only served as a half pint. Doesn't sound that irresponsible to me tbh. My partner had one or two and wasn't any worse than if he had had 3/4 pints

The savoring of one strong beer seems to work, I've been down to O Grady's a couple of times since they opened very recently and it has been relatively busy, and everyone seemed fine. You can tell people are there to savor the beer not chug and get hammered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

Loving O’Gradys yard. Specially the 6.9% beers and 10.1% :D

Now! That's the reason I'll happily visit the Grady's Yard to check what do they have in offer.

I could never understand why the Eastern European style of beers are not available here (the strongest I ever had was an Estonian beer - 14% black, sweet with the chocolate plum aftertaste, those were the days!).

And it's not about gulping one pint after another - two pints seem to be just right and off to bed straight after!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭dzilla

The 10.1% beer is only served as a half pint. Doesn't sound that irresponsible to me tbh. My partner had one or two and wasn't any worse than if he had had 3/4 pints

The savoring of one strong beer seems to work, I've been down to O Grady's a couple of times since they opened very recently and it has been relatively busy, and everyone seemed fine. You can tell people are there to savor the beer not chug and get hammered.

Yea I am well aware of how it's served thanks for the pointer. And jus cos you sip on your beer and enjoy it as it is supposed to you are an exception to what I said. I merely made a general statement regarding craft.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

Yea I am well aware of how it's served thanks for the pointer. And jus cos you sip on your beer and enjoy it as it is supposed to you are an exception to what I said. I merely made a general statement regarding craft.

You’re some dose boy you know that

You’re some dose boy you know that

Go back to sleep.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭engiweirdo

Go back to sleep.

Some left peg on him though.

engiweirdo wrote: »
    Some left peg on him though.

See the peno he scored lieing down?

See the peno he scored lieing down?

Better than O'Leary.

engiweirdo wrote: »
    Better than O'Leary.

In like Flynn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Jaysus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭bullpost

You wont get the hard core drinker in these type of pubs. They wont want to pay premium prices for a start, regardless of alcoholic content.

Jaysus

Shame to crucify him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

bullpost wrote: »
    You wont get the hard core drinker in these type of pubs. They wont want to pay premium prices for a start, regardless of alcoholic content.

Is a hardcore drinker just another name for an alcoholic?

Is a hardcore drinker just another name for an alcoholic?

Kinda worse in fairness. It's a specific type of alcoholic who frequents bars and puts themselves and their problems upon others. Usually a nuisance and or violent.

Advertisement