Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nov 2018 Intake

• 03-10-2018 10:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

This thread is for anyone in November 2018 intake.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Malonegirl96

Hey :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 CaptainCanary

Morning. :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Wild.Wild.West

Hopefully get a list going soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 tatiebeans27

Hi everyone! :) Looking forward to meeting you all soon!

Hi everyone! :) Looking forward to meeting you all soon!

Did you get my PM

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

Also in this intake. Finally made it

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Wonder.22

Hi all, new to this but in the Nov intake. Can’t wait to get started :)

Wonder.22 wrote: »

Hello, what was your rough merit number so we can gauge where they went to?

100-200

Wonder.22 wrote: »

Hello, what was your rough merit number so we can gauge where they went to?
    100-200

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mdog126

Hi all, been a lurker for a few weeks now, really looking forward to starting and meeting you all. My ML number is 260-280 :)

mdog126 wrote: »
    Hi all, been a lurker for a few weeks now, really looking forward to starting and meeting you all. My ML number is 260-280 :)

Welcome aboard, I sent you a PM

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,631 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

I'm often asked for advice by those about to enter Garnerville. The best piece of advice I can offer is this: Leave your pride at the gate, because you won't be able to do this on your own. Ask others in your intake for help when you need it, and offer help if you see someone who might be struggling.

Nobody has it all. Everything from your academic ability to physical fitness to temperament is tested and pushed to its limits and beyond. It's also a reflection of what the job itself is like day to day, so whatever you do, don't think you'll be able to fly solo either in the college or when you start in your station.

Join the Federation. The essentials are the private healthcare scheme, because you will get hurt at some point, and the legal cover scheme, because somebody will complain about your conduct at some point, or you'll just make mistakes resulting in litigation. These two combined take care of the basics: you. If you have a little extra left over, join the benevolent scheme. It's a very worthy charity and a great safety net that will be there for you if you ever need it. Full details of all schemes here.

Lastly, stay grey. Don't stand out in Garnerville. Don't be the one everyone else rolls their eyes about. There's always one. The general rule of boards.ie applies: Don't be a dick.

Huge congratulations to everyone who got the call.

-Shield.

Shield wrote: »
    I'm often asked for advice by those about to enter Garnerville. The best piece of advice I can offer is this: Leave your pride at the gate, because you won't be able to do this on your own. Ask others in your intake for help when you need it, and offer help if you see someone who might be struggling.

Nobody has it all. Everything from your academic ability to physical fitness to temperament is tested and pushed to its limits and beyond. It's also a reflection of what the job itself is like day to day, so whatever you do, don't think you'll be able to fly solo either in the college or when you start in your station.

Join the Federation. The essentials are the private healthcare scheme, because you will get hurt at some point, and the legal cover scheme, because somebody will complain about your conduct at some point, or you'll just make mistakes resulting in litigation. These two combined take care of the basics: you. If you have a little extra left over, join the benevolent scheme. It's a very worthy charity and a great safety net that will be there for you if you ever need it. Full details of all schemes here.

Lastly, stay grey. Don't stand out in Garnerville. Don't be the one everyone else rolls their eyes about. There's always one. The general rule of boards.ie applies: Don't be a dick.

-Shield.

The famous shield ;) ah thanks for the advice :)

Shield wrote: »

-Shield.

Cheers shield, how long have you been on the ground for now?

Advertisement