Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 8 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

ScummyMan wrote: »
    FFS

I was holding my wildcard until the international break but I might just do it now to be done with it

Rather than get a 4.4 goalie I’d get Leno 4.8 and Hamer 4, I know Arsenal haven’t been great defensively but they’re still arsenal and that’s an amazing price. I’m tempted to upgrade foster to him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

What happened Cech? Will he be out awhile? I could do foster and Rico to Leno and a 4.3 playing defender. Maybe Kiko femina? Was originally looking to move Rico and Hamer on but if I get Leno he’ll start every game regardless

MrMac84 wrote: »
    What happened Cech? Will he be out awhile? I could do foster and Rico to Leno and a 4.3 playing defender. Maybe Kiko femina? Was originally looking to move Rico and Hamer on but if I get Leno he’ll start every game regardless

Hamstring for Cech. Think I’ve read 3-4 weeks but it truth this could be the start of Leno’s reign an No.1

Janmatt was injured recently but Femina didn’t get a run so he looks out of favour.

Bennett or AWB if you don’t have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭COH

2FT and both of the options below would leave me with 0.0 ITB

Ings & Mendy to Arnie & Holbas would leave me playing 3-4-3

Begovic
    Holebas - Robertson - Alonso
    Hazard - Salah - Maddison - Richarlison
    Mitro - Aguero - Arnie

Aguero & Mendy to Kane & Holebas would leave me playing 4-4-2

Begovic
    Holebas - Robertson - Alonso - Bennett
    Kane - Mitro

Leaning towards A as I want Arnie long term and Kane more of a 1 week punt. Holebas looks the best of the <5mil defenders with Doherty in contention but have Bennett from Wolves already and I think Watford have better medium term fixtures. Will wait until afyer the champions league games this evening to pull the trigger either way but another Mendy drop would mean back to the drawing board so will do it tonight.

Any thoughts or am I missing a better plan of attack? Currently at 220k

• Registered Users Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭macraignil

COH wrote: »

Begovic
    Mitro - Aguero - Arnie

Begovic
    Kane - Mitro

Leaning towards A as I want Arnie long term and Kane more of a 1 week punt. Holebas looks the best of the <5mil defenders with Doherty in contention but have Bennett from Wolves already and I think Watford have better medium term fixtures. Will wait until afyer the champions league games this evening to pull the trigger either way but another Mendy drop would mean back to the drawing board so will do it tonight.

It was mentioned on the injuries and suspensions thread that Mendy looks to be going back to training this week and Pep mentioned he might be able to play against Liverpool. Held him this long myself as I did not want to waste a transfer on a player I wanted to keep long term so I might be a bit biased but I think its probably not a good time to get rid of him now. Probably still leave him on the bench against Liverpool but if he is back after that I could see myself playing him continuously to the end of the season baring another injury.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

COH wrote: »

Begovic
    Mitro - Aguero - Arnie

Begovic
    Kane - Mitro

Holebas is 1 YC (read: one game!) away from a suspension.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Been playing for 8 years and honestly believe those of you who go without one premium keeper are mad! I think the points returns over the course of a season for an additional £1m plus the set and forget aspect makes it a no brainer, unless of course you chose De Gea.

I think the biggest decision this week is whether to stick with Aguero sacrifice a decent mid to get Kane in. I'll probably go with the latter

• Registered Users Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭COH

macraignil wrote: »
    It was mentioned on the injuries and suspensions thread that Mendy looks to be going back to training this week and Pep mentioned he might be able to play against Liverpool. Held him this long myself as I did not want to waste a transfer on a player I wanted to keep long term so I might be a bit biased but I think its probably not a good time to get rid of him now. Probably still leave him on the bench against Liverpool but if he is back after that I could see myself playing him continuously to the end of the season baring another injury.

I read that - but someone needs to be sacrificed to raise funds for Ings > Arnie and if he drops again I won't be able to
    Benimar wrote: »
    Holebas is 1 YC (read: one game!) away from a suspension.

I'm ok with that really - AWB and Bennett on the bench to come in for when the inevitable happens!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

klopparama wrote: »
    Hamstring for Cech. Think I’ve read 3-4 weeks but it truth this could be the start of Leno’s reign an No.1

Janmatt was injured recently but Femina didn’t get a run so he looks out of favour.

Bennett or AWB if you don’t have them.

Have both already. If Femina isn’t playing it could be back to the drawing board

• Registered Users Posts: 22,362 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

MrMac84 wrote: »

Zabaleta and Diop are both 4.3...two tricky games coming up but then they've a great run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Nice of the fpl twitter account to tip everyone off about Knockaert :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Been playing for 8 years and honestly believe those of you who go without one premium keeper are mad! I think the points returns over the course of a season for an additional £1m plus the set and forget aspect makes it a no brainer, unless of course you chose De Gea.

I read the exact opposite last week. It really all depends which 4.5 keeper you pick. The premium keeper option is the less risky option for sure though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭elefant

Schurrle and Kun

to

Hughes and Kane

Feeling pretty good about that switch. Two bad fixtures to two good.
    Waiting until after the CL game tonight, just to be on the safe side.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,562 ✭✭✭shmeee

Fully agree, for what it's worth it saves some hassle of rotating keepers and you can have bench fodder on the bench for 4£ then.

I've 2 FT's this week but dunno what to do. Dropped 15k OR to 32k OR since last week. Red arrows all around.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

I may reverse a WC decision and bring back Arnie for Mitro

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

So for me it's either:

Mitro out, Arnie in

or

Ings and Cedric out
    Arnie and Bennett in (-4)

Given Ings scoring again yesterday and the fact that his price allows me to have the option of leaving him on the bench (I have no bench fodder 4.5 player in my midfield), I'm thinking of the former option.

Not thrilled with taking Mitro out given his performance so far and his underlying stats but Fulham do seem on quite poor form at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 36,010 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Arnie is coming in. he hasn't even had good fixtures yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

I think it's very difficult to look past a forward line of Mitro Aguero Arnie at the moment. All in great form, nailed on and can be got for around 25 total.

I actually think there's very little value in the premium strikers this season apart from Aguero.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,494 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

I think it's very difficult to look past a forward line of Mitro Aguero Arnie at the moment. All in great form, nailed on and can be got for around 25 total.

I actually think there's very little value in the premium strikers this season apart from Aguero.

Thats my exact line up and has been since GW4. But there are other options, Ings or Jiminez to save 1.5mil for elsewhere. Jiminez especially seems to be bringing regular returns. Lacazette is a more expensive option for definite.

Too soon to say with Kane, but who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Kane isn't getting much recognition considering he has 44 points total compared to Agueros 51.

Aguero away to Liverpool
    Kane home to Cardiff

It could just as easily flip and Kane be the top point striker this weekend.

Kane has also already played United/Liverpool in terms of fixture difficulty
    Aguero has only played Arsenal thus far.

Kane has played 5 away games whilst Aguero has only played 3.

I'm not trying to convince people to go Aguero to Kane btw, I'm just saying it's a lot closer than people think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Kane isn't getting much recognition considering he has 44 points total compared to Agueros 51.

Aguero away to Liverpool
    Kane home to Cardiff

I'm not trying to convince people to go Aguero to Kane btw, I'm just saying it's a lot closer than people think.

I have both and will continue with them until aguero starts getting rotated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭BoneIdol

I have Aguero, Kane and Mitro. I'm very tempted to swap Mitro for Arnie. After dumping Mendy this will be for a hit. I want to make a change in my defence next week so a hit seems inevitable anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

Aguero away to Liverpool
    Kane home to Cardiff

Ya true Kane is returning well and will get more minutes than Aguero (often subbed with 25 to go) but I still think if you only want one premium striker Aguero at 1.5 cheaper (or he was when I bought him) is a far better option. For an extra 1.5 you'd want to be getting an extra 20 points or so over the season and I can't see Kane getting that to be honest.

Ya true Kane is returning well and will get more minutes than Aguero (often subbed with 25 to go) but I still think if you only want one premium striker Aguero at 1.5 cheaper (or he was when I bought him) is a far better option. For an extra 1.5 you'd want to be getting an extra 20 points or so over the season and I can't see Kane getting that to be honest.

Interesting that you don't think Kane will outscore Aguero by 20 points. I think he will. But I think it's about having them at the right time etc. I've had Aguero GW1-7 and he's been excellent. I've gotten rid for Gameweek 8 and he's straight back in for GW9.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,010 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Kane is a funny one.

he still doesn't look particularly like a professional footballer right now.

he's still not getting his shots off properly. his goal tally has been helped by 2 dodgy penalties. and he's just generally not playing that well at all.

yes, it's all about numbers, and he's delivered. and the Cardiff game seems ideal for him to get a haul.

but i just can't trust him yet.

i'll be made to look a fool I'm sure, but with the likelihood that there will be goals in the City/Liverpool game, and Aguero undoubtedly playing better, and for a better team, i just can't sell him.

that's not to say that the Kun/Kane swap is a bad idea. i just can't do it personally. he'll also have the international break off before a home game against Burnley, so Kun stays until Jesus proves to Pep that he's better. And I don't see that happening any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Kane will definitely outscore Aguero by 20 points over the season

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Kane will definitely outscore Aguero by 20 points over the season

Yes but then throw in captaincy poInts and who knows !
    In the current state of affairs he isn’t worth 1.5 extra
    I don’t trust either him or spurs
    They both look a bit off it

SlickRic wrote: »
    Kane is a funny one.

he still doesn't look particularly like a professional footballer right now.

he's still not getting his shots off properly. his goal tally has been helped by 2 dodgy penalties. and he's just generally not playing that well at all.

yes, it's all about numbers, and he's delivered. and the Cardiff game seems ideal for him to get a haul.

but i just can't trust him yet.

i'll be made to look a fool I'm sure, but with the likelihood that there will be goals in the City/Liverpool game, and Aguero undoubtedly playing better, and for a better team, i just can't sell him.

that's not to say that the Kun/Kane swap is a bad idea. i just can't do it personally. he'll also have the international break off before a home game against Burnley, so Kun stays until Jesus proves to Pep that he's better. And I don't see that happening any time soon.

Its really hard to know what to do with him alright, I dont have him but was tempted before the last game to get him in but agree with everything you said above

On his plus side he plays or near 90 mins every game.

He is the focal point of the Spurs attack unlike (City and LIverpool who have a more spread of goals)

His numbers inside the box are at similar levels to last year but way down outside the box.

I wont be getting him in the weekend but it is a funny one as you say.

Also Cardiff defensive numbers aren't bad (unless you look at goals conceded :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Debating on Nevez -> Maddison and Fraser -> Knockaert for a 4 point hit.

Seems foolish given I've a strong enough squad but the majority of my players are either

a) playing away
    b) playing a team where i might have so start an opposing striker/defender
    c) playing a top side

Shaw is the only player I have who don't fall into those 3 categories so that double transfer would give me a further two.

(will hold of doing the first transfer until Maddison is about to rise again and the second one after another potential Fraser increase)

• Advertisement

S.M.B. wrote: »
    c) playing a top side

Shaw is the only player I have who don't fall into those 3 categories so that double transfer would give me a further two.

United make any team look a top side right about now :pac:

Advertisement