Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2018 Campaign

Comments

Hey everyone

Marrick999 here, was unsuccessful in the last recruitment campaign, looking forward to giving the new one a shot. Must've read all of the recruitment posts from the last campaign but thought I'd get a little more out there and make myself an account this time around. Best of luck to everyone :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭BlueCop8790

Since we’re only a couple of days away from the campaign starting I think we should get some chat going on this thread. What attracts you to a career in policing? Is it the cliche “make a difference in your community” or is it because you’ve watched too much Hawaii Five-0 lol ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Razor3677

Since we’re only a couple of days away from the campaign starting I think we should get some chat going on this thread. What attracts you to a career in policing? Is it the cliche “make a difference in your community” or is it because you’ve watched too much Hawaii Five-0 lol ?
    For me I’ve grown up with a number of family members in the police and since I was little it’s always something I’ve wanted to do.Although most people say it, I want to help bridge communities together and make this country a better place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Just wanna help people

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jay66

Hey folks new to all this just wanted to see if anyone knew what the ist is like? Have always fancied this as a career. Any advice it would be much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Lockie101

Stick around Jay, once the application stage is over then we will all be talking about the IST and you should get all of the information you want.

I decided to stop by again just to wish everyone luck, website now has a timer which is counting down to 9am Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Lockie101

This morning the lyrics to Discoland come to mind:

Here we go, here we go, here we go again....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Tom_90

Hey everyone, currently in the 1710 campaign but reapplied for this one just incase. Good luck to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Adam West

Good luck to everyone applying in this campaign. I was lucky enough to be successful in the last campaign. If you have any questions feel free to PM me and I'll help however I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

Show time again, may this be the year for all of us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Ze0tech

Will get it done tonight. For anyone who has done it before, is it all the same stuff to fill in?

Good luck everyone.

Ze0tech wrote: »
    Will get it done tonight. For anyone who has done it before, is it all the same stuff to fill in?

Good luck everyone.
    Yeah exactly the same as last year. Had it completed within 5 mins.

Yeah exactly the same as last year. Had it completed within 5 mins.

Thank you. Just hope I don't need it this time round

Looks like they’re looking for 400+ Officers in this campaign. Reasonable amount considering it’s just under a year from the last recruitment drive.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/psni-launch-recruitment-drive-for-400-officers-37371773.html

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Ciano1997

Hi all.
    So the lines are opening. It'll be my very first time apply for PSNI. What information is needed just so I have it handy filling out the application.
    Kind regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Malonegirl96

Stuck in an application myself for good measure. However I have a start date for gv. If anyone wants any help about the process pm me and I will try to help you out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

I'm back again for round 2, hopefully I make it past the IST this time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Razor3677

Are you supposed to receive a confirmation email after the application has submitted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

Razor3677 wrote: »
    Are you supposed to receive a confirmation email after the application has submitted?
    No, you will receive an email after 10 days

Stuck in an application myself for good measure. However I have a start date for gv. If anyone wants any help about the process pm me and I will try to help you out :)

Pretty you for a PC, hope you enjoy training can't wait to hear all about it!

• Advertisement

Razor3677 wrote: »

No you will receive confirmation after 10 working days .

Ciano1997 wrote: »

Pretty you for a PC, hope you enjoy training can't wait to hear all about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 janedoe8

Anyone got any tips for the IST from previous experience? I know there are a few tests you can practice online etc just wanted to hear any tips or if anyone has learned anything from their experience with it? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

janedoe8 wrote: »
    Anyone got any tips for the IST from previous experience? I know there are a few tests you can practice online etc just wanted to hear any tips or if anyone has learned anything from their experience with it? Thanks

Practice.

Practice.

Practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Mayday26

Currently have passed everything in the current campaign, but worried that they won’t reach me on the merit list, so have applied for this new one as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Arniez12

Here we go again then I guess lol just waiting on vetting in 1710 but doesn't look like im going much further after that so I'll give it another go

Arniez12 wrote: »
    Here we go again then I guess lol just waiting on vetting in 1710 but doesn't look like im going much further after that so I'll give it another go
    Why you thinking that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Arniez12

Why you thinking that?
    Doesn't look like there is much happening re classes after March 2019 and they only at merit 285 and only 3 more intakes...grim lol

Why you thinking that?
    Doesn't look like there is much happening re classes after March 2019 and they only at merit 285 and only 3 more intakes...grim lol

Don’t think calls for nov are done yet, they will almost certainly do further intakes until the new list is ready to get feet on the ground which they definitely need. Keep positive :)

• Advertisement

Don’t think calls for nov are done yet, they will almost certainly do further intakes until the new list is ready to get feet on the ground which they definitely need. Keep positive :)

I'm in the same boat as arniez12 and starting to worry about it abit. Submitted another application anyways. Fingers crossed I don't need it.

Advertisement