Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 8 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Will do Ings to Mitrovic I'd say. Arnie the other option but I think Mitrovic shades it with the home fixture this week.

Interesting, I'm actually thinking of doing Mitro out for Arnie...

WH are playing well now and their fixtures are clearing up. He's at 6.9, I think now is the prime time to buy him.

I don't really want to lose Mitro but I very much want Arnie.

The other option is to spend -4 and do Ings out for Arnie, with Bennett in for Cedric...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I keep playing Neves on the assumption he's going to do something but Wolves are playing really well and he doesn't seem to be contributing at least from a FF perspective.

He's mostly a playmaker getting the team ticking, but not really a final third threat. He got 1 assist last year and 6 goals in 42 appearances, and that's in the Championship while Wolves were steamrollering teams.

He'll score a worldy or he won't score at all - it's long shots and frees really, I don't think he's a great fantasy asset, just happened to have a great start.

Someone like Hughes is far better value, he actually consistently gets into forward positions.

Neves is a superb player but he'll never be a good FPL asset imo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

claw wrote: »
    No worries :) I probably didn't express myself very well! I have issues with Neves aswell but I have him since the start so I can afford him to drop, the advice on here from some people was correct about him, he hasn't done anything since the opening match against Everton so he would be next on the chopping block, he is an expensive 5th midfielder at this rate!
    I have Neves myself and will downgrade to a 4.5m option when it makes sense. In saying that this weekend could be a good chance if I bring in someone who could challenge for a place in my starting XI.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I keep playing Neves on the assumption he's going to do something but Wolves are playing really well and he doesn't seem to be contributing at least from a FF perspective.

I had Neves on the bench this week so it wasn't too bad for me. Not sure I want to have him as a 5th midfielder because I could do with the extra money. I could have got rid of him this week instead of Shaw but United are poison and I didn't want to lose value on Shaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Wish I had acted earlier on Mendy, his situation has been a real pain in the ass. Think i'll just bit the bullet and get Trippier in for him after the Barca game. Holding off on Kane for now as I haven't been overly impressed with Spurs to date but very scared about him playing Cardiff as they are muck. Any of your attacking players playing Cardiff or Huddersfield this season is an auto captain imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

CSWS101 wrote: »
    Wish I had acted earlier on Mendy, his situation has been a real pain in the ass. Think i'll just bit the bullet and get Trippier in for him after the Barca game. Holding off on Kane for now as I haven't been overly impressed with Spurs to date but very scared about him playing Cardiff as they are muck. Any of your attacking players playing Cardiff or Huddersfield this season is an auto captain imo

I still have mendy too but just gonna hold onto him now I think because I will want him back. Kane is tempting not jumping on the bandwagon yet though in relation to Cardiff and Huddersfield.

I've noticed Cardiff give up alot of goals to attacking mids e.g. gudmunsonn mahrez gundogan Fraser hazard and Huddersfield to strikers e.g. kane vardy iheanacho aguero.
    Something to keep an eye on

• Registered Users Posts: 22,395 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Morzadec wrote: »

WH are playing well now and their fixtures are clearing up. He's at 6.9, I think now is the prime time to buy him.

The other option is to spend -4 and do Ings out for Arnie, with Bennett in for Cedric...

I'm aiming for a Mitrovic Arnie Aguero forward line but that would mean not being able to get Mendy back without sacrificing one of Robertson or Alonso so I'm a bit torn at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

CSWS101 wrote: »
    I bring you good tidings

http://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/1046825112996130818

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

The news on Bendy is most welcome - had been regretting holding onto him but benching him the past couple of weeks was not the worst, and now at least have an option to bank.

Having said that was hoping to free up a city slot to get sterling or KDB in :D:D #neverhappy

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Morzadec wrote: »

Much the same, I was planning to do Ings to Arnie for Gw11 but he's in the form to do it now. That run from Gw11 onwards is hard to resist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,395 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Much the same, I was planning to do Ings to Arnie for Gw11 but he's in the form to do it now. That run from Gw11 onwards is hard to resist.

I'm a bit worried that now he's come out and said exactly what his injury is that he might be targeted. A bone bruise is sore enough without getting another blow in the same area.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Yeah, I'm not sure whether to stick with Laca or bring Arnie in now, which I had intended doing in a couple of weeks. Arsenal playing away in Azerbaijan on Thursday and Arnies impending price rise tempting me to bring it forward, on the other hand, Arnie is carrying an injury and Arsenal play Fulham, who are crap at defending, next weekend. Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,019 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I'm pretty sure it'll be Zaha out. He's not playing as a striker, yet is classed as one.

The experiment is over.

It'll be Arnie or Deeney in most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Porthallian

SlickRic wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it'll be Zaha out. He's not playing as a striker, yet is classed as one.

The experiment is over.

I'm considering Murray for Brighton's nice run but those 2 are more sensible moves perhaps

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

How has Knockaert looked ?

Newcastle also have an outrageous run coming up
    Checked dubravkas price
    5ml
    WTF !!!!!!!
    Yedlin could be great value though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

km79 wrote: »

Checked dubravkas price
    5ml
    WTF !!!!!!!

Newcastle are ****ing ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

SlickRic wrote: »

The experiment is over.

Arnie all day. Need to get him back in for Wilson

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭sicknotexi

Can't do mane to Hazard without a minus 4. Looks like it could be Mane/Mendy out for Hazard/ Davies could be my best option.
    Davies is a risk but he is due a game and could be primed to play this game, could easily grab an assist and cs v Carfiff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Newcastle are ****ing ****e

I disagree, look what’s happened with West Ham, the league is pretty tight at the bottom, a few easy games and it’ll look different.
    Rafa is a savage manager and they’ll tighten up at the back, I’d say Yedlin will be a great pick

Newcastle run of games to start was atrocious and while I expect them to improve in terms of results you never quite can tell how a poor run of results will effect confidence (even if it was very much expected)

Really hard to find a way to squeeze some good plays out of them for FPL in my mind though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Green&Red wrote:
    I disagree, look what’s happened with West Ham, the league is pretty tight at the bottom, a few easy games and it’ll look different. Rafa is a savage manager and they’ll tighten up at the back, I’d say Yedlin will be a great pick

I don't think you can compare them. West Ham have spent around 100 million on their front 3 alone and Newcastle are still playing Joselu! They'll do well to avoid the drop but are helped by the likes of Huddersfield and Cardiff stinking out the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I think you’re underestimating Rafa, they were putrid last year too but pulled it together

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

km79 wrote: »

Checked dubravkas price
    5ml
    WTF !!!!!!!

I'm somewhat tempted by Dubravka funnily enough, even at that price. I'd be comfortable having him as my only starting keeper for that run, and he avoids taking up a defensive spot from one of the premium defs. Looking through their results, there's a lot of 2-1 losses to the big 6 teams, so they haven't been getting blown out by any means. Agree that they're one to keep an eye on for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Probably Ings -> Jimenez but getting ever closer to pulling the wildcard trigger as the last 2 weeks have been a disaster.

Im very conflicted about having no Arsenal forwards via Fulham, we could well see the first hockeying of the season for fulham as they dont seem to be able to defend too well, but Arsenal have been somewhat over performing themselves and there run after isnt great in terms of coming up against decent defences.

You have some rotation risk as well, i guess ill wait and see about the europa cup and maybe dip in and out with lacazette.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Are there any playing keepers around the 4.4 mark?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

MrMac84 wrote: »

Ryan is 4.5 but 97.6% to a drop according to fplstats

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

MrMac84 wrote: »

Bettinelli

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

KevIRL wrote: »
    Ryan is 4.5 but 97.6% to a drop according to fplstats

FFS

I was holding my wildcard until the international break but I might just do it now to be done with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

My goalkeepers have combined for a total of 15 points in 7 GWs. Great stuff lads :rolleyes:

Might have to look at bringing someone in capable of keeping a CS...or even making a few saves! (Currently have Begovic and Bettinelli)

Advertisement