Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

kiss doing a fairwell tour

Options
  • 20-09-2018 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

I seen this am on Instagram that kiss are doing a fairwell tour in 2019. Wonder would they play Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,763 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Ah The 'farewell tour'concept

Status Quo were on about 6 of them, Aerosmith are currently on one (not touring atm after playing here on a euro tour last summer), Slayer are doing one

Kiss was my first concert at the 3arena back in 2010 and it was amazing. Hard to knw will they play here but they are money hungry baxtards so would not surprise me if they milk everywhere for one last time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Couldn't see them coming here personally after the 2010 gig. I was at it and it was amazing but turnout was fairly poor (top section of seating was totally closed off) and tickets were cheaper than the top price at the time (about €50). They haven't been back since and I'd wager that it's due to lack of demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

I've heard on very good authority that they will be playing Vicar Street next year on this tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

Kiss in vicar st...you get aknock on the head?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

lizzylad84 wrote: »
    Kiss in vicar st...you get aknock on the head?

Yeah, couldn't see it at all myself, wouldn't be worth their while and they'd have to scale down their show massively.

• Advertisement

lizzylad84 wrote: »
    Kiss in vicar st...you get a knock on the head?

It's based on only selling 2,700 tickets for their 2010 gig, and their fanbase is only getting older.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Effects wrote: »
    It's based on only selling 2,700 tickets for their 2010 gig, and their fanbase is only getting older.

I know it didnt sell out last time but there was def a lot more than 2700 people at the 2010 gig

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Ya was more 4.5k-5k in attendence anyway who knows prob a few in on freebies though either way sales not good, show was outstanding however probably one of the last ideal times to see them too saw them 5 years after that at Donington and Pauls voice was on a rapid decline. Wouldn't expect them to return here tbh.

Attendance was 4200. They gave away 1500 comps for that concert to try and make sure it wasn't empty. That's where the 2700 figure for actual sales comes from.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Effects wrote: »
    Attendance was 4200. They gave away 1500 comps for that concert to try and make sure it wasn't empty. That's where the 2700 figure for actual sales comes from.

I was offered freebies for that one. Declined.

Because Kiss.

Obviously.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,763 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

https://www.kissonline.com/news?n_id=127649

No Irish date sadly but doing a few dates in the UK next summer

Tempted too head over but nah 2010 in the 3arena was good enough

Advertisement