Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PHEV Peugeot 3008

• 29-09-2018 9:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭

Seen this today from Gowan Motors

“A 300bhp plug-in hybrid Peugeot 3008 is on the cards for 2019. Quoted 0-100km/h time of 6.5sec using both electric and petrol motors combined”

Interesting option, hopefully 5008 to follow and of course then Opel and Citroen should have similar options coming out

Anyone seen a spec or any more details? How many km on battery?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,192 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

https://electriccarsreport.com/2018/09/peugeot-unveils-new-plug-in-hybrid-engine-range/

The high voltage Lithium-ion (300V) battery, which comes with new models fitted with PEUGEOT’s HYBRID and HYBRID4 engines, has a capacity between 11.8 KWh and 13.2KWh, allowing the cars to drive up to 30 miles on a single electric charge.

Which makes it an emission levels/ road tax dodger

The sooner this PHEV sham gets closed off the better.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,070 ✭✭✭✭KCross

https://electriccarsreport.com/2018/09/peugeot-unveils-new-plug-in-hybrid-engine-range/

The high voltage Lithium-ion (300V) battery, which comes with new models fitted with PEUGEOT’s HYBRID and HYBRID4 engines, has a capacity between 11.8 KWh and 13.2KWh, allowing the cars to drive up to 30 miles on a single electric charge.

I have to disagree with your sentiment.
    They have real world application today.

You're a case in point actually, you've had to ditch the EV because it doesnt have the range for your new job. A long range affordable EV isnt available and you have been forced back to an ICE. Wouldnt a PHEV have given you at least some miles on EV and any local driving you do in the evenings and at weekends would be all EV.... do you think that would be a sham?

There is no point in saying we just need all cars to be long range EV.... the reality is there is going to be a period where batteries are still going to be expensive and we have lack of choice.... PHEV fills the gap until those issues are resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

I like the sound of this, Peugeot make great cars these days, great specs.
    A bit more EV range would have been nice but it's quite surprising how many short journeys most people actually do so 30km would be perfect for running around town, nipping down to the shops, school etc.
    We have a PHEV and most weeks the petrol engine doesn't even start...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Self charging hybrid is a sham, believe me I spent a week testing one. PHEV is a great option for people if they have a single car.

The range is not available in electric cars yet and the range that is available is horrendouly overpriced compared to the combustion engine option. Look at the Kona.

Any km that is done on electric is a km without fumes blowing into the air. Some people have PHEV and over 60% of the time it is running on electric and just use the petrol for long distance.

I would expect better than 30 miles with a 13kWh battery. Sure the new Outlander has a 12kWh battery I think and it is huge compared to the 3008.

I like the sound of this, Peugeot make great cars these days, great specs.
    A bit more EV range would have been nice but it's quite surprising how many short journeys most people actually do so 30km would be perfect for running around town, nipping down to the shops, school etc.
    We have a PHEV and most weeks the petrol engine doesn't even start...

Peugeot have issue with CO2 targets because of the purchase of Opel and the lack of clean engines. I would expect a huge push from Peugeot/Citreon/Opel in the next while to clean up its range.

I tracked our weekly driving in the diesel, over 20k km done last year in the family car. 80% could be done on electric if it was a PHEV :P pity I bought diesel .....more and more miles done in eGolf because of it

The only issue I have with Peugeot, the spec is fairly shocking on them. I wanted the 5008 but unless you went to GT line it was a terrible spec.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Any km that is done on electric is a km without fumes blowing into the air. Some people have PHEV and over 60% of the time it is running on electric and just use the petrol for long distance...

And ideally the electric is in town/city short runs i.e. populated areas and the petrol/long distance is on rural roads i.e. less populated

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    And ideally the electric is in town/city short runs i.e. populated areas and the petrol/long distance is on rural roads i.e. less populated

Exactly. Swap all the diesels in Dublin with a 50km range PHEV(e.g. Niro) and see how much it cleans up the air over a set period....
    Even better have access to work chargers etc and it would be better

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭JP85

I'm seriously considering this car for mid 2021. Currently have a 2018 skoda octavia 1ltr and want to move to an SUV but a hybrid, it's between this and the new Tuscon. I dont mind plugging this in at night, we dont do a huge amount of long distance driving so the option of short journeys around the area in mainly electric power seems appealing to me.

Judging by some of the comments from a couple of years ago, people have different opinions on PHEV and its actually hard to get a definitive answer to whether or not its a good idea or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Self charging hybrid is a sham, believe me I spent a week testing one. PHEV is a great option for people if they have a single car.

The range is not available in electric cars yet and the range that is available is horrendouly overpriced compared to the combustion engine option. Look at the Kona.

Any km that is done on electric is a km without fumes blowing into the air. Some people have PHEV and over 60% of the time it is running on electric and just use the petrol for long distance.

I would expect better than 30 miles with a 13kWh battery. Sure the new Outlander has a 12kWh battery I think and it is huge compared to the 3008.

0 - 62 mph5.9 seconds
    Top speed149 mph
    Cylinders4
    Valves16
    Engine power296 bhp
    Engine torque221 lbs/ft
    Battery capacity13.2 kWh
    Battery usable capacity10.5 kWh
    Battery range40 miles
    Battery charge time3.45h*
    Battery quick charge time1h 45m

According to Autotrader spefication.

Registered BEVs were up 17%c for 2020 and that is seen as fantastic. while phevs only went up 86% and are considered a sham.

• Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

JP85 wrote: »
    I'm seriously considering this car for mid 2021. Currently have a 2018 skoda octavia 1ltr and want to move to an SUV but a hybrid, it's between this and the new Tuscon. I dont mind plugging this in at night, we dont do a huge amount of long distance driving so the option of short journeys around the area in mainly electric power seems appealing to me.

Judging by some of the comments from a couple of years ago, people have different opinions on PHEV and its actually hard to get a definitive answer to whether or not its a good idea or not.

Imo, phev have a few justifiable reasons for being bought.

1. The size car doesn't exist as an EV
    2. The size car, or equivalent, exists as an EV but it's crazy money and financially doesn't make sense for me to spend that money.
    3. Toyota marketing has got to me and I'm worried about range and charging (new EVs have usually 250-400km of motorway range, so range anxiety shouldn't really exist). Not really justifiable in my eyes unless your at an age where your mobile phone has giant buttons on it.

A cheap, similar size to the e3008 EV would be the new mg ze. Sub €30k and somewhere North of 250km range I believe. E3008 is a better looking car, but I'm not sure where your affiliation lies. Something to consider.
    A second hand 2019 eNiro will be similar money, and do more like 350km. Up to 450km on rural roads.

• Advertisement
Advertisement