Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Viagogo massive bill - any comeback?

• 25-09-2018 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

My partner logged onto viagogo to try and find tickets for sold-out Hozier gig in Dubs this Dec, think she paid 35 quid for similar in Leeds last year but somehow she's need up with two tickets and a massive 'service fee' - 954 Euro.
    Now I can understand a markup since these people are basically touts but is there anything she can do?
    viagogo - don't want to know
    CPCC - viagogo based in Switzerland - don't want to know
    Bank - She used debit card ( I know....) we asked for chargeback but again, don't want to know....
    We're both from UK, kind of know bits of the Irish system it sharing common legal roots but is there any chance?
    954 Euro for what, two tickets at 200 Euro total? That's scandalous. 
    Any advices helpful, even if it's just therapy.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭ArrBee

stek1961 wrote: »
    My partner logged onto viagogo to try and find tickets for sold-out Hozier gig in Dubs this Dec, think she paid 35 quid for similar in Leeds last year but somehow she's need up with two tickets and a massive 'service fee' - 954 Euro.
    Now I can understand a markup since these people are basically touts but is there anything she can do?
    Bank - She used debit card ( I know....) we asked for chargeback but again, don't want to know....
    We're both from UK, kind of know bits of the Irish system it sharing common legal roots but is there any chance?

What "Irish system" are you referring to?

I dont see anything in your post relating to an Irish system.
    Assuming your partner used UK banking cards to purchase something online from a Swiss company (thats well known globally for dodgy dealings)....

My only suggestion would be to search globally for others in the same boat WRT this company and see if there are any good news stories that you can try and emulate.

I know that in other countries people are partitioning their governments to try and prevent the company operating but unsure how successful that has been.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 stek1961

Was all Irish card, we live in Ireland etc, etc, by Irish System I meant legal system regarding Citizens Advice, Small Claims etc,   from the limited reading I've done seems similar to UK, like most of Irish legal system etc.
    I myself have been all through this in UK, only been in Ireland 18 months and never had to act like this, so I'm a bit in the dark.
    Guess though, we'll just have to take it on the chin.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭ArrBee

Ahhh, I get you.

Someone else might be along with an angle you can try but in the meantime, is there any actual fraud taking place on the part of viagogo that you can use to persuade the bank to take a greater interest in helping?
    or is this a case of just not noticing the price?

TBH I wasn't there when she did it, and being brutally honest it is her cock up I feel, but we do still both feel the service charge and general cost way OTT, but - we've not made it easy for ourselves.
    There's also the question of the 14 day cooling off period, this I understand is EU law, and while CH is not in EU, it's EFTA and adopts EU laws, much like UK will be doing when we finally sorted out our cockeyed Brexit fudge. Viagogo rejected that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

Were they VIP tickets?

• Advertisement

wacotaco wrote: »
    Were they VIP tickets?
    I'll ask, probs not, I'm in the UK at to moment, she's in Dubs still....

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Dutchy

You're goosed mate. The cost is there for all to see and your partner agreed to this cost. Take it on the chin. She has made a tout very happy , unfortunately.

Just to top this off, we threatened chargeback and money was returned without question. Was expecting a battle slightly disappointed in a way, will have to take my anger out on something else!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

stek1961 wrote: »

I had two for the Killarney gig that the person I bought herm for couldn't attend and between us we literally couldn't give them away.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

and money was returned without question.
    That is the result of the year!

• Advertisement
Advertisement