Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Yep. The mod may or not know the meaning, but I don't believe this thread deserves to be referred to as a cheap sequel that insinuates it isn't as good as the original or the fancy pants thread in the food forum.
    Changed it, I'm sure you'll all be satisfied

*runs*

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Whocanibe

Nixonbot wrote: »

*runs*

👍 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ Toby Shallow Stain

Nixonbot wrote: »

*runs*

Almost as satisfied as I'll be after my Sausages, bacon, onions and potatoes.

Chicken, carrots, broccoli, courgette and celery for Mrs S.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Grapes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

Goldgrain biscuits ......... wishing they were choc digestives!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭jellybear

Chocolate digestives...dunnes brand and they're delicious!!!! I'd go as far as to say just as nice, if not nicer than mcvities!!:D

ETA: Molly09...what a coincidence!!!

jellybear wrote: »
    Chocolate digestives...dunnes brand and they're delicious!!!! I'd go as far as to say just as nice, if not nicer than mcvities!!:D

Lidl's are absolutely perfect too, as are their bourbons and shortbread. All I every buy in Lidl is biscuits. Great value and great taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,048 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Lidl's are absolutely perfect too, as are their bourbons and shortbread. All I every buy in Lidl is biscuit. Great value and great taste.

I always have Lidls Bourbons and Dark Chocolate Digestives in the press. Perfect for dunking in Mrs Gs tea.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Whocanibe

Sirloin steak,onion mash,veg and gravy for Mr Who.

Fillet for me with potato scallops and peas .

Scallops were delicious, ( if a wee bit unhealthy) :)

Coffee now with a slice of fruit cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Today dinner was a butterbean korma with basmati rice. If you like an easy to throw together curry but dislike most jarred sauces get yourself to Tesco. They're selling pataks curry pastes, on offer for €1 and oh my god, they're so good. I'd be perfectly happy to be given it in a restaurant. Absolutely delicious, the texture of butter beans is so creamy and luxurious.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Whispered wrote: »
    Today dinner was a butterbean korma with basmati rice. If you like an easy to throw together curry but dislike most jarred sauces get yourself to Tesco. They're selling pataks curry pastes, on offer for €1 and oh my god, they're so good. I'd be perfectly happy to be given it in a restaurant. Absolutely delicious, the texture of butter beans is so creamy and luxurious.

I've always found pataks pastes too sour, like vinegar? Their korma one isn't too bad though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I have been getting the Patak's meal kit on offer for €2, spices, paste, and sauce, nicest curries I have ever had :)

Dinner this evening was macaroni cheese made with a tub of creme fraiche that needed using up and some leftover ham fried.

Trifle and cream.

I have to agree with you W about the Pataks Paste pots. I used a Madras one a few weeks back and loved the results and I'd be a big Curry eater. Gotta grab them at that price. Is it the double pack?

Strange eating today and all very bad and bold for me but not so bad for little G and Mrs G. I started with an on the road deli made bacon and sausage sandwich. Lunch was a bag of chipper chips and skinny coke.:eek: Got home and had some massive mini choc brownies that I picked up in Iceland. Little G had baked cod and mash. Mrs G has finally conceded that the Doctor is right and she is wrong. A weight watchers meal.:D

I'm gonna try an Iceland meal tonight. Chicken Madras in one pack and Pilau rice in another. I'll let ya know.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Yes the double pack. I love a curry and love cooking them usually but you know when you're just not in the mood. Plus korma is something I never make. Just can never get it right.

I have a madras and tikka masala in the press too. And Tesco sells paneer now! So I've a feast planned for later this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

Ditto here with pataks, having butter chicken sauce tonight slow cooked for an hour with added onions garlic and coriander. Lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭jellybear

Ditto here with pataks, having butter chicken sauce tonight slow cooked for an hour with added onions garlic and coriander. Lovely.

Sounds amazing! Had cottage pie for dinner and a salted caramel magnum for dessert :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,209 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Dinner was Smoked Coley, Broccoli and mashed potatoes

Dessert is now sweet and salty popcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Dinner was 5 bottles of cider! :D
    Having some chicken now in a roll, it'll do

My dinner was a couple of IPA.

This mexican chicken and chickpea adobo soup won't make itself, better get busy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

kfallon wrote: »
    Dinner was 5 bottles of cider! :D
    Having some chicken now in a roll, it'll do
    igCorcaigh wrote: »
    My dinner was a couple of IPA.

This mexican chicken and chickpea adobo soup won't make itself, better get busy.

Loving the Monday club!

Tae and biscuits here. Fcukin boring.

New stock in today so....Tiffin.

northgirl wrote: »
    Loving the Monday club!

Tae and biscuits here. Fcukin boring.

Twas a tame Monday Club tbh, had a couple during work and then 5 after. Home since 6ish so not like I'll be out til 3 in the morn :pac:

Having an aero mousse and a small milky way. Bottle of lilt

kfallon wrote: »
    Bottle of lilt

Might come in handy tomorrow :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

10 grapes exactly!

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Might come in handy tomorrow :)

Be brand new tomorrow :)

I went for the Iceland Chicken Chow Mein instead tonight. For 2 quid, it was grand if your on a budget, can't cook, won't cook and are hungry.:D It takes 10 odd minutes in the oul micro with a half way stir it up routine. My only complaint was the noodles were the big thick lads. I prefer the really skinny ones. Overall, it certainly wouldn't be wide of the mark compared to some atrocities you get from actual takeaways.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I went for the Iceland Chicken Chow Mein instead tonight. For 2 quid, it was grand if your on a budget, can't cook, won't cook and are hungry.:D It takes 10 odd minutes in the oul micro with a half way stir it up routine. My only complaint was the noodles were the big thick lads. I prefer the really skinny ones. Overall, it certainly wouldn't be wide of the mark compared to some atrocities you get from actual takeaways.

I had a friend over and we ordered singapore chow mein from a local Chinese. It was basically noodles with half raw veg and a bit of sauce with no prawns, beef or anything but it had chicken that wasn't cooked with the rest of the dish. It was like microwaved chicken thrown in on top of the noodles. It was rank!! My friend got ribs and they chopped the ribs up into pieces! Fecking shocking the whole thing was.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Easy Peeler

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Leftovers from last nights chicken satay, going down pretty nice as a lunch

Advertisement