Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2018

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,215 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

What do you guys do when you're team goes on a losing streak to get back being anyway decent again?
    Get angry, fine people that have ratings below 6.4-6.5
    Look at the tactics and see if I can change anything.

Then either a) take every game as super attacking or b) super defensive.

I'm morally opposed to rage quitting but this game gives me a lot of rage and I can't say I haven't rage quit a couple of times!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

What do you guys do when you're team goes on a losing streak to get back being anyway decent again?

Start picking my starting 11 based only on who's in form, even if it's playing 4/5 kids. The lads averaging 6.3s are killers to try and turn the team around with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

My mouse usually takes the brunt of it

hots wrote: »
    Start picking my starting 11 based only on who's in form, even if it's playing 4/5 kids. The lads averaging 6.3s are killers to try and turn the team around with.
    Yeah, and I only use the recent form too.
    It's not what they did earlier but what have you done for me lately! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

threein99 wrote: »
    My mouse usually takes the brunt of it

People talk about the dark souls games being hard and rage inducing....they've never played a football manager game!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

People talk about the dark souls games being hard and rage inducing....they've never played a football manager game!!!

Back when it was championship manager, I lost the head one day at a result and instead of punching the desk the PC was on and hurting my hand, I punched my own leg. Gave myself massive bruise

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

hots wrote: »

It's really annoying when your best players are playing like lemons and when you go with the young players that are playing well, the poor form star players start giving out about not playing. I tend to make them available for the reserves to boost their fitness/form which helps sometimes even though it sometimes doesn't work as the opposition are easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,802 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Have any of ye played the draft? I took a wander in for the first time today but the countdown just keeps resetting so you can never begin the draft.

Never played the draft.

Had a good season with Rovers, could have won the league had I been more consistent and won our games in hand, but ended up winning the Champions League for the first time in the clubs history, and won the Carabao Cup for the second year in a row.

At the start of the season, City offered me a chance to takeover and I did for a bit but fecking hell the club needed a lot of work as lot of the players were old enough. They still won the league but my team have much better players or players with much more potential

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Got promoted in my first season with Leeds, and in the PL now and sitting in 3rd in February clear of 5th by 7 points

Don't have any players way above my level, Lautaro Matinez up top and Pasalic on loan in midfield being my best performers. My tactic just seems to work really well, beat City and United with little trouble at home early in the season, only lost 3 all season

Just feels wrong because first season in the PL I don't think I've ever done better than 15th and now I could finish in the CL places

• Advertisement

Nevermind that last post

Lost 9 of last 11 games to end up finishing 7th

Lost 5 in a row to start the next season

This is more like FM

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Never got going with a save properly this year so thrashing through a Chelsea save for the summer to get the bug back in time for 19 with any luck. Second season in, after a poor 6th in the first season, managed to pip city on the last day after drawing with Wolves myself, they lost to Arsenal 3-0 and I won on goal difference, FM never works out like that!

I struggled to keep morale high in the team despite having a good winning run, but the amount of draws killed our chances in the first half of the season. I made Carabao Cup final and lost to Utd who I'm also facing in the FA Cup final and I'm in the Champions Cup final for the second year in a row facing a strong Barca side. I've three matches in the league left but I'm currently 5th (when the board wanted me to win the league  )

Currently in 2024 with Celtic. I've improved the side to the point that we won the Europa league 1 year and regularly make the knockout stages of the champions league. However this year for instance I drew 0-0 at home with Man U and lost 5-1 away. I used to always come 3rd in the CL group stage and make the Europa league latter stages

The gap between celtic and the rest of scotland is cavernous, as is the gap between Celtic and the bigger teams in Europe. This is an interesting challenge, I normally do lower league management (eg have had 30-40 year games with York and Chesterfield) but it's even harder to make the whole league and national team better as the top dog, trying to do better in Europe, and retain your best players!

Interestingly the "next best" in scotland is hibernian by some margin, rangers have settled in mid table.

Despite finishing a poor sixth in 2025 with Blackburn, and losing to Utd in the League Cup final, we beat them in the FA Cup Final 2-0 with goals coming from one of my up and coming youngsters and then we beat Barcelona 4-0 on the Champions League final to retain the trophy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

is there anywhere to view stats of players online?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Yeah got the same question as Hoggie. Haven't played this since 2015, would just update the database rather than buy a new game but laptop would struggle to run the game so getting a new laptop so was thinking whether to get FM 2019 when it's released or 2018 and update the database, so would there be anywhere to view the squads and what youngsters they have for 2018 online or could you download the editor without the full game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

I know somewhere keeps an updated database for CM01/02 but never heard of anything in between.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

whens FM19 out?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

whens FM19 out?

November 2nd

• Advertisement

November 2nd

5 days before my bday

My ex has bought it for me every year since 2012.

Hope she comes across with it this year, I'll get her Red Dead 2

5 days before my bday

My ex has bought it for me every year since 2012.

Hope she comes across with it this year, I'll get her Red Dead 2

Cant say i know many partners with that good of a relationship never mind exes, she might be the one that got away dude

Cant say i know many partners with that good of a relationship never mind exes, she might be the one that got away dude

when I say ex, she's only recently ex - she would get me FM for 6 consecutive years when we were together- we don't talk anymore but she's still the type of girl that would send me a steam code for FM19 for my birthday

Yup, the one that got away :(

when I say ex, she's only recently ex - she would get me FM for 6 consecutive years when we were together- we don't talk anymore but she's still the type of girl that would send me a steam code for FM19 for my birthday

Yup, the one that got away :(

Ah that makes more sense than what I was thinking, hopefully RDR2 is a fair enough trade for FM19 so

Ah that makes more sense than what I was thinking, hopefully RDR2 is a fair enough trade for FM19 so

If she's as pissed off at me as I think she is she'd probably just post RDR2 back to me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭brianregan09

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXndQkaB-EU

May sound like a stupid question but how do you set up things like this ? Like up teams reputations and budgets before you start the game or during as this guy seems to do in his video's been watching the ones where he gives all the LOI clubs unlimited budgets and would love to try it myself

Go into steam and under library and then tools you should see Football Manager 2018 Editor

Look up videos on youtube on how to work it i dont know of any myself but there’s bound to be loads

You can change pretty much anything, from player current ability to potential ability to budgets to future transfers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXndQkaB-EU

May sound like a stupid question but how do you set up things like this ? Like up teams reputations and budgets before you start the game or during as this guy seems to do in his video's been watching the ones where he gives all the LOI clubs unlimited budgets and would love to try it myself

Or if you want an easy way buy the in-game editor for €5
    I did it and gave a lot of LOI youth team potential of 200 upgraded the leagues youth facilities and gave each club decent coach's and youth coaches

Lots of wonder kids in LOI meaning they are dominating in Europe. Loads have moved abroad but the game is now generating their own Irish wonderkids
    It's a good laugh but ruins the spirit of the game

Advertisement