Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is air to heat good enough for commercial???

• 16-09-2018 2:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭

My question is would air to heat be good enough to heat a 9 bedrooms in a hotel & bar and function room, circa 7-8000 m², will be doing an upgrade and have access to piped gas, but trying to weigh up all my options of, kerosene, gas, renewable (if avail).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭al2009

Do you mean air to air heat pumps?

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MorganIRL

I know them as air to heat, I think they are mostly know as air to water heat pumps, that heat buildings etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,030 ✭✭✭✭KCross

To heat that size building it would need to be a significant sized Heat pump and hence significant money. I would expect that the wiser choice in that case for a heat pump would be Geothermal as you have economies of scale.

Is your premises well insulated?

And I'd say the biggest issue you'd have is that, I presume, you dont have underfloor heating, just steel rads? That wouldn't work very well with a heat pump. You'd probably have guests telling you the rads are cold! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭taytobreath

a good condensing gas burner would be better suited in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MorganIRL

Don't have the access for geothermal, I think the option is looking more likely like a gas boiler as I have access to piped gas, it'll be the obvious answer with the size of the building etc.
    KCross wrote: »
    To heat that size building it would need to be a significant sized Heat pump and hence significant money. I would expect that the wiser choice in that case for a heat pump would be Geothermal as you have economies of scale.

Is your premises well insulated?

And I'd say the biggest issue you'd have is that, I presume, you dont have underfloor heating, just steel rads? That wouldn't work very well with a heat pump. You'd probably have guests telling you the rads are cold! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,141 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

a good condensing gas burner would be better suited in my opinion

This will only work if the rads are designed to match the water temp from the condensing boiler, which generally run cooler that non-C, leading on average to 22% less heat output

google delta T in rad design, or look up any rad supplier specs:
    Non-C Delta T normally 60, is 50 for condemning: hence the issue

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Advertisement