Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 5 matchday

Options
1192021222325»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

78 after Cedric's zero.

Moved from 221k to 81k. Will take that considering I didn't have Hazard. Dropped about 20k after last night's result.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

44 all out. Terrible gameweek but still around the 6k mark so can't complain. This was the first time my decision not to take hits back fired on me. It's something I'll have to reassess in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

94 for this gw, big improvement from gw 1 and 2, wildcard in gw3 to get kun and Salah out a success so far, been able to put aside 2m to get Salah back in with relative ease after this tough period for them changes.

Silva, hazard, ings and firmino all doing the business last few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

67 sees me go from 149k to 112k. Happy enough with that WC. Decent jump and made/saved 0.4m in the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

All green arrows
    So far.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

KevIRL wrote: »
    68 in the end and up to 78K. Relatively successful week, but not captaining hazard hurts a bit. That's two big hauls (haz and kun) I've not captained this seasson.

Still though, my Capt has delivered points every gameweek so far so can't complain.
    68 and I'm now at 80k. We've had very a similar start to the season possibly having the same captain each week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭boccy23

82 points this week. Up to 11K overall.

And had 19 points on the bench with Wan B and Hojberg.

Ah well. Green arrows all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

67 (-4) and a decent jump to 309k. Happy with that, I usually have rougher starts to a season.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,594 ✭✭✭Cartman78

54 in the end....not a total catastrophe but it's been all red arrows since GW1 :-(

In hindsight, I've been playing too conservatively.....no hits taken prior to this week.

At 260K now and about 30 points off the lead in most of my mini leagues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

71 without having Hazard, very happy with that. Salah to Hazard is going to happen to very soon in my team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

77 post WC. Got a bit of luck (for once!) with my auto sub of Wan Bissaka in for Mendy.

Up to 19k, top of my main leagues so a happy camper this morning.

(Cue injuries galore in the CL this week!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,055 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

88 in the end post-WC.

Was 7.1k before last night, with nobody playing. Adam Smith's 7 coming in sent me up 400 places, which I didn't really expect with AWBs and Frasers coming in, but I'll take it.

so up to 6.7k. if only I'd captained Hazard this week, or Kun on his big week. ah well. still a bloody excellent position to be in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

46 pts. No Hazard & no Fraser hurts the ranking.

Around 660k which is not great but not as bad as many people would think at this stage of the season.
    The worrying thing is I'm on a perfect (C) run so far with my Aguero/Salah rotation.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

93 points on wildcard and up to 771st in the world! Couldn’t have imagined a start like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

93 points on wildcard and up to 771st in the world! Couldn’t have imagined a start like this.

Outstanding. Kutgw

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

First WC GW and 82pts, jumping from 234k to 66k. Didn't expect that much of a jump. Delighted. Getting into the top 10k and remaining there my main aim now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Keep pluggin' away who knows where you could end up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Some great scores on here again this week.
    Finished on 50 for the week and a red arrow, Fraser and his 18 pt haul sitting on the bench is frustrating, but still inside 3.5k OR so can't really be complaining.
    Starting to consider wc, but barring injuries probably try to hold off another couple of weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

iroced wrote: »
    46 pts. No Hazard & no Fraser hurts the ranking.

Around 660k which is not great but not as bad as many people would think at this stage of the season.
    The worrying thing is I'm on a perfect (C) run so far with my Aguero/Salah rotation.

In most years its grand but this year its a more worrying start as good players have started better than usual. Your score would have you 56th out of 65 in the boards pay league.You would be 22nd out of 25 in dahats league. You have the 16th highest score out of 20 in the Fsa premier league. Only 5 pts ahead of the 19th highest score. It will be harder to catch who is above you this year than in previous years. Im only slightly ahead of you but looking through my pay leagues you can see a very clear trend the stronger players have got off to a much better start than they usually do. There is loads of time to go and its still possible to have an amazing season. I just think a 660k rank at this stage isnt as good as it usually is in seasons gone by.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

56 points. Not the worst seeing I had no Hazard/Fraser. Bring on the next GW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

In most years its grand but this year its a more worrying start as good players have started better than usual. Your score would have you 56th out of 65 in the boards pay league.You would be 22nd out of 25 in dahats league. You have the 16th highest score out of 20 in the Fsa premier league. Only 5 pts ahead of the 19th highest score. It will be harder to catch who is above you this year than in previous years. Im only slightly ahead of you but looking through my pay leagues you can see a very clear trend the stronger players have got off to a much better start than they usually do. There is loads of time to go and its still possible to have an amazing season. I just think a 660k rank at this stage isnt as good as it usually is in seasons gone by.
    Yeah I see what you mean but those leagues only have good players don't they? I'm not in money leagues anymore so my aim every start of the season is top 1%, ideally 4 digits finish. If I can reach the first aim I consider it a decent/good season depending how much inside the top 1% I finish. If I can reach the second aim, I consider it a good season and if I'm last in such leagues that you cited I'd just have to say bravo (or f*** off lucky b@st@rds :pac:) to all the ones above me.

Now, it's still early in the season and the ranks can change very fast. e.g. Hazard this GW made a 20/30 pts difference against me. There seems to be many different options this year in terms of premium players. We can't have them all so these choices will likely make big différences. We'll see. I'm still in a half-casual playing mode so far so can't complain too much about my slow start.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Finish on 74 for the week and up to 45k. If there’s one thing this season is teaching me it’s patience. Had I taken a hit in recent weeks, Fraser would have been gone.

Haven’t taken a hit to date and I’ve given up worrying about chasing price rises/avoiding falls.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭elefant

iroced wrote: »
    Yeah I see what you mean but those leagues only have good players don't they? I'm not in money leagues anymore so my aim every start of the season is top 1%, ideally 4 digits finish. If I can reach the first aim I consider it a decent/good season depending how much inside the top 1% I finish. If I can reach the second aim, I consider it a good season and if I'm last in such leagues that you cited I'd just have to say bravo (or f*** off lucky b@st@rds :pac:) to all the ones above me.

If you get an overall rank of 9,999 or less I'd say you'll be safe enough from finishing last :pac:

Advertisement