Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended Movies on TV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭corkie

Weekend Movies Highlights <<<< Not a full roundup!

15th September!

Highlights: -

Sky One: - Sleepy Hollow [1999] Sat 23:00 (starring Johnny Depp, Christina Ricci, Miranda Richardson and Christopher Walken.)

C4: - X-Men: The Last Stand (T) Sat 22:50

SyFy: - Lara Croft: Tomb Raider Sat 18:50

Friday 14th, SyFy 21:00 Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

Sunday 16th, C4 22:00 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (T) and SyFy 21:00 The Da Vinci Code

Full Saturday movie lineup.

Horror Channel lineup for Saturday including above.

"He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him! I'll chase him round the moons of Nibia and round the Antares maelstrom and round perdition's flames before I give him up!" - Khan quoting Moby Dick (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Days Boot on late tonight on RTE2. It's long but worth every minute

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭DenMan

Rambo III is on tonight on ITV4@9pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Predator on Film 4 at 11.05 pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

An incredibly rare screening of Looking for Mr Goodbar is on Paramount of all channels tonight.

12:15am Looking for Mr. Goodbar Thriller (1977)
    A repressed teacher escapes her clean-living day life by cruising singles bars at night to find Mr Right. Theresa picks up random strangers, ignoring the advances of the well-meaning but nerdy social worker James.

Proved rather controversial at the time and it's never been since on anything other than VHS so it's been effectively out of print for decades.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Dr No, the first James Bond movie, is on RTE 2 this evening at 5.15

• Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

An incredibly rare screening of Looking for Mr Goodbar is on Paramount of all channels tonight.

12:15am Looking for Mr. Goodbar Thriller (1977)
    A repressed teacher escapes her clean-living day life by cruising singles bars at night to find Mr Right. Theresa picks up random strangers, ignoring the advances of the well-meaning but nerdy social worker James.

Proved rather controversial at the time and it's never been since on anything other than VHS so it's been effectively out of print for decades.
    Well, that could be a problem for us, because...

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Entertainment/Paramount-channel-in-ROI/m-p/2868257/highlight/true#M77536

Can you tune it in at least?

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Entertainment/Paramount-channel-in-ROI/m-p/2868257/highlight/true#M77536

I can view Paramount on Saorview (channel 92)

Movie schedules for 22nd September!

RTE 2: - 21:30 Suicide Squad [2016] (Will Smith, Margot Robbie and Jared Leto.)

Edit: - Most memorable thing from that film is the soundtrack!

Edit 2: - Friday 21st: RTE 2 21:35 Inglourious Basterds

"He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him! I'll chase him round the moons of Nibia and round the Antares maelstrom and round perdition's flames before I give him up!" - Khan quoting Moby Dick (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan)

I have freesat where it's on the FTA list which means only now and next EPG, I missed it last night (doh!) it's on again on Friday evening split in two by a stupid mini promo break which means I had to set the recording manually. I don't know if Sky boxes allow such a method on "other channels"
    Marje wrote: »
    I can view Paramount on Saorview (channel 92)

You must be near the border or across it cos it's on Freeview not saorview (the day saorview has a channel 92 with something on it will never arrive!)

• Advertisement

I have freesat where it's on the FTA list which means only now and next EPG, I missed it last night (doh!) it's on again on Friday evening split in two by a stupid mini promo break which means I had to set the recording manually. I don't know if Sky boxes allow such a method on "other channels"
    Nope. Won't even let you see what's on next, so unless you look up telly listings online, you're going in blind.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Any good films on tv tonight?

fin12 wrote: »
    Any good films on tv tonight?

You mentioned Good, Cowboys & Aliens [2011] is starting on TG4 soon. Don't know if you would class it as good. ( Stars: Daniel Craig, Harrison Ford, Olivia Wilde )

Little Women (1994)

Starting on RTE 2 at 14:30

For female viewers as it is kind of a chick flick!

Also there is two modern remakes in the works.

Little Women (2018) - IMDb
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6495094/

Little Women (2019) - IMDb
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3281548/

Directed by Greta Gerwig. With Timothée Chalamet, Emma Watson, Saoirse Ronan, Meryl Streep.

Also a TV series?

Little Women (TV Mini-Series 2017) - IMDb
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6853528/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azikiban on ITV now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,087 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Requiem for a dream on Tg4. Also known as life is miserable, We're all weak and going to die in lonely, self loathing agony.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

dinneenp wrote: »
    Requiem for a dream on Tg4. Also known as life is miserable, We're all weak and going to die in lonely, self loathing agony.

Yeah but that X FACTOR music, uplifting right?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,377 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

dinneenp wrote: »

Outstanding film, albeit quite grim.

Ellen Burstyn was deservedly nominated for an Oscar

Denzel Washington's Deja Vu is on Syfy tonight@9pm. I've never seen it before myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,335 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Deadpool is on Channel 4 at 9pm on Saturday

• Advertisement

Two films on Talking Pictures this weekend

Saturday at 9 PM Mia Farrow stars in See No Evil a nifty thriller about a blind woman in a mansion being well you know how most blind woman in a mansion films tend to go. Worth seeing (one of a slew of blind peril films/tv dramas made in the late 60s/early 70s). Director Richard Fleischer was a real dab hand at films like this.

Sunday 10 PM a classic of the free love and pretentious bollocks age of Aquarius - Burt Lancaster stars as The Swimmer (1968) about a man who swims and walks his way home across a valley of plush homes with swimming pools.

Channels?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,727 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Talking Pictures. Think that's above the likes of Movies24

This evenings movie choices!

Green Zone is on ITV4@9pm
    Deadpool is on Channel 4@9pm
    The Wolf of Wall Street is on Film4@9pm
    Vampire movie Priest is on the Horror Channel @9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Watched Deadpool for the first time. Very much enjoyed it. One of the better origin stories I've seen. Also loved the line on the Taken movies:
    "They made three of those movies. At some point you have to wonder if he's just a bad parent."

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Child 44 is on RTE 2

London has Fallen is on RTE 2 now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Pa8301

The Way of the Gun is on tonight at 9.30 on TG4.

Yiddish language drama Menashe will air on Film4 this Tuesday night at 1:20am.

• Advertisement

20th October!

Terminator Genisys, Insidious: Chapter 3, X-Men: First Class, Se7en and The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers.

Friday 19th: - The Purge: Anarchy

Sunday 21st:- The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, The Scorpion King and Total Recall (AS - 1990)

http://entertainment.ie/tv/display.asp?channelid=0&programme=film&programme_day=20+October+2018&programme_time=time6&submit=Search

Horror Channel:-

9.00 PM THE UNBORN 2009

Supernatural horror starring Gary Oldman. Plagued by nightmares and hallucinations, a woman seeks spiritual guidance and learns about a terrifying family curse that dates back to Nazi Germany.

http://www.horrorchannel.co.uk/tv_guide.php?date=2018-10-20&section=evening

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1139668/
    ^^^ Good cast incl. Atticus Shaffer (The Middle ~ Brick Heck)

Advertisement