Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Diesel bans on the way?

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

There you go again. Instant condescension at something you simply don't agree with. Thankfully your awards are without relevance or value.

My point is entirely valid though.

Your point is not valid.

If you want to quote my posts then why not quote the whole thing? But doing that would only make your post irrelevant......

Constantly badgering posters because they dare to mention electric or hybrid is very very childish in my eyes.

You seem obsessed with what I post, to be honest all I have seen from you is childish and petty so lucky they invented the ignore button....I am sure I am not the first and I won't be the last to use it

Best of luck.....

Sabre Man wrote: »
    I wouldn't consider Lexus to be in the lower price bracket.

Cheaper than a Tesla :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

vectra wrote: »
    Cupra Ateca on the way - 300bhp Cupra engine with DSG.

Talks of a Kuga RS in the pipeline as well.

Tiguan R is on the way first I believe (same car)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,590 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Your point is not valid.

If you want to quote my posts then why not quote the whole thing? But doing that would only make your post irrelevant......

Constantly badgering posters because they dare to mention electric or hybrid is very very childish in my eyes.

You seem obsessed with what I post, to be honest all I have seen from you is childish and petty so lucky they invented the ignore button....I am sure I am not the first and I won't be the last to use it

Best of luck.....

Here's what you said word for word:-
    ..I don't care outside Dublin to be honest high population areas are the easiest to target

Motoring policy, despite your wishes, has to cover the entire country. So your views are fundamentally unbalanced. There's a lot more to the country than the Dublin area, and the needs of the entire country and it's population have to be considered.

Having a contrary opinion is not badgering btw.

If the ignore button is your refuge that's fair enough, but it strikes me that your indignation and thinly veiled anger are the real issues when anyone challenges your opinion or posting methodology.

Here's what you said word for word:-

Motoring policy, despite your wishes, has to cover the entire country. So your views are fundamentally unbalanced. There's a lot more to the country than the Dublin area, and the needs of the entire country and it's population have to be considered.

Having a contrary opinion is not badgering btw.

If the ignore button is your refuge that's fair enough, but it strikes me that your indignation and thinly veiled anger are the real issues when anyone challenges your opinion or posting methodology.

As I said, childish and pointless

Even after I called you out you still quote a line out of a post....

Bye

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Saying you are putting someone on Ignore has no actual effect, you have to select the Add to Ignore List option from the menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,213 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

You'll have to pry my keys from my toasty-warm fingers.
    +1

I'd happier drive a Perodua Myvi than get public transport.
    Part of being a grown up adult is having the freedom to drive yourself and not sit in an infection box full of the great unwashed

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,590 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

northknife wrote:
    At close to the height of budget and will be paying €250/ month for 5 years. Am I mad?

Shefwedfan wrote:

Shefwedfan wrote:
    Even after I called you out you still quote a line out of a post....

Shefwedfan wrote:
    Bye

Irony is clearly lost on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,077 ✭✭✭✭elperello

ELM327 wrote: »
    +1

I'd happier drive a Perodua Myvi than get public transport.
    Part of being a grown up adult is having the freedom to drive yourself and not sit in an infection box full of the great unwashed

I had to look it up!
    There is one for sale in Ireland - https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/perodua/myvi
    I have to say in all honesty I drove worse.

I get your point about the freedom to drive. I suppose that is the real reason we have this ongoing love affair with the car. The open road, being able to go places and do your own thing.
    However you are a bit hard on public transport and it's users. Sometimes there is nothing as good as sitting back and letting someone else do the driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,478 ✭✭✭✭vectra

ION08 wrote: »
    Tiguan R is on the way first I believe (same car)

Nice.
    Bonkers price I suppose
    any Link?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 trik

Mc Love wrote: »
    Should I be worried as a cyclist?

Probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,213 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

elperello wrote: »
    I had to look it up!
    There is one for sale in Ireland - https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/perodua/myvi
    I have to say in all honesty I drove worse.

I get your point about the freedom to drive. I suppose that is the real reason we have this ongoing love affair with the car. The open road, being able to go places and do your own thing.
    However you are a bit hard on public transport and it's users. Sometimes there is nothing as good as sitting back and letting someone else do the driving.
    You couldnt pay me enough to drive that thing :D
    Someone else can do the driving though. For the vast majority of my commute my EV drives itself - as it's vast majority motorway.
    Enter the m3 within 10 mins of leaving the house, slip on lkas and active cruise, wake up at the toll booth :p

Advertisement