Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Fantasy Football League - NFL.com redraft

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

Yeah I had d'Angelo Williams the last time Bell sat out the start of the season and he destroyed in those first few weeks. Nice pickup.

Some games still in the balance with MNF to come. I'd say 3 are done barring huge shock and the other 3 are still live. 2 in particular are close.

It was so nice to sit down on the Sunday evening again and just watch Redzone. Missed most of the first set of matches but some big surprise performers there in Week 1.

...And the Dolphins won :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Jasondeans86er

WHAT WERE THE SAINTS DOING! at one point they had -9 points on defence.... instantly regretted setting the scoring to Espn settings....
    GK1001 wrote: »
    Yeah I had d'Angelo Williams the last time Bell sat out the start of the season and he destroyed in those first few weeks. Nice pickup.

Some games still in the balance with MNF to come. I'd say 3 are done barring huge shock and the other 3 are still live. 2 in particular are close.

It was so nice to sit down on the Sunday evening again and just watch Redzone. Missed most of the first set of matches but some big surprise performers there in Week 1.

...And the Dolphins won :-)

Ballinock Sean, I've sent you over a trade there

Not much on the waivers to be excited about this week. Normally there's at least 1 must have after week 1

I thought phil lindsey was worth an add, he was very impressive in that cohen roll the other night.

Not much on the waivers to be excited about this week. Normally there's at least 1 must have after week 1

• Advertisement

there's still some bench players there that if they follow up with a good week 2 will be hot property next week...as ever though it's do you take the chance :)

how did your other leagues go Jason?

GOT DESTROYED! well no... got annihilated by 80 points in the dynasty.... honestly how did nuk only get 9 points! I lost by 0.2 in my auction league.... which sucked as I was the highest scoring loser... Ie if I had played anyone else I would have won but that's fantasy. How did you do?

there's still some bench players there that if they follow up with a good week 2 will be hot property next week...as ever though it's do you take the chance :)

how did your other leagues go Jason?

I won the opener. Had Brees and then everyone else chipped in with a min of 10 so put up a good score. Not a whole lot of crossover in my two teams starters, a bit on the bench though.

Lots of attempts at wheeling and dealing today so the league is off to a good start. Hopefully that continues. Makes it a bit more craic.

Looking forward to when the first big trade goes tits up with a injury the week after. PLenty of slagging ensues. Just hope I'm not the recipient!

haha I haven't got a single offer in any league so far! I am expecting the vultures in my Dynasty as I have cooper and a few other players that did F all! No idea what to do with Connor in this league though! he is an rb1/2 when Bell is out but how long! I had pretty much to play against all the good players this week... Hill in one league 50 + points.... mixon, connor and julio in another for 80 or so points in another! and I think Kamara in this one!

I won the opener. Had Brees and then everyone else chipped in with a min of 10 so put up a good score. Not a whole lot of crossover in my two teams starters, a bit on the bench though.

Lots of attempts at wheeling and dealing today so the league is off to a good start. Hopefully that continues. Makes it a bit more craic.

Looking forward to when the first big trade goes tits up with a injury the week after. PLenty of slagging ensues. Just hope I'm not the recipient!

Quiet on the old trade front so far! Everyone seems a bit cagey.... unable to figure out how much a player is worth etc... I know I have prob sent out a few offers that will be scoffed at!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I know I have prob sent out a few offers that will be scoffed at!

you-sir-are-77gzb1.jpg

:P

Unless a trade offer blows me away I prefer to let my team settle a little for a few weeks, you can't really get a feel for things until about week 3 I find.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,079 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I've sent out a few offers that have been rejected without counter.

Yeah I do like a counter offer.... I know I didn't reply with one I got yesterday and apologies, I went to and then I hit the wrong button (least it wasn't accept) and then I got distracted and left it haha! so whomever went after Connor yesterday apologies! ... it was actually you Lloyd sorry!

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I've sent out a few offers that have been rejected without counter.

I don't really see the point in sending a counter offer if I'm not interested in a trade for the player offered though. Plus I can't see a way in the app to even send a comment. I only see the comment sent with the offer when i check my emails.

Be useful if everyone could update their trading block so we can see who on peoples teams they are willing to discuss/entertain trades on.

The first couple of weeks are always cagey enough affairs as you try work out teams depth charts.

doesn't have to be for the original pieces.... say I offer a trade for drew brees, for duke johnson but you don't want it but you want my landry.... so you counter with Landry for crowell etc. won't happen all the time, sometimes you just don't like a team but no harm in trying for a player... might go back and forth a few times before the final trade is made.

I don't really see the point in sending a counter offer if I'm not interested in a trade for the player offered though. Plus I can't see a way in the app to even send a comment. I only see the comment sent with the offer when i check my emails.

Absolutely, if you’re not interested in that deal AND aren’t interested in any other type of deal with that owner rejecting straight out makes total sense.

I suppose where people have players listed for trade I’d expect a counter in some circumstances. No sweat though!

Pixies flying again this week! AJ with a stormer. Dalton must've remembered he's actually quite good. I had him last year in my team and it was very frustrating watching Dalton not throw him the ball. His 2nd touchdown was all him...quality

Ugh thursday night wr’s are killing me!
    Pixies flying again this week! AJ with a stormer. Dalton must've remembered he's actually quite good. I had him last year in my team and it was very frustrating watching Dalton not throw him the ball. His 2nd touchdown was all him...quality

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭padmcv

Yeah, great 1st quarter from them! Had a feeling they would be good this year with Mixon and Ross (although he hasn't produced anything yet). Worrying 2nd and 3rd quarters once the Ravens figured out that they should cover AJ!

• Advertisement

Kickers are just killing my soul this year!

Well I wouldn't have expected my first loss of the season to come on a week where I put up 140 points but could only be impressed with The Orange Organics and their 165 points!!

Big scores this week, including a stonking 175 point effort!

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

Big scores this week, including a stonking 175 point effort!

Against me.

:(

Normally my 114 would be a respectable effort, not this week, eh? :p

I have never had a team of such talent stink so much! (yes I know I left points on the bench) 0-4 was not the start I was expecting!

Someone's 0 has got to go in my game...so long as there's not a shootout in the Kansas Denver game I'll be safe

1-3 in my other league and Eli Manning is killing me (OBJ) with his retarded play...he has to be the worst QB in the league, and he must have something over the GM in NY to stay in that team

EEked out the skinniest of wins there! I just assumed I lost when I looked at the highlights of that Packers game this morning. Totally jammed that one.

Finally getting on a roll win wise and I have entered bye week hell! Done with that cooper fella at least! Sold/ cut all my shares so he will likely go off in two weeks! Managed to get a very nice haul for him in dynasty though

Finally getting on a roll win wise and I have entered bye week hell! Done with that cooper fella at least! Sold/ cut all my shares so he will likely go off in two weeks! Managed to get a very nice haul for him in dynasty though

I think with Amari Cooper you either have to play him each week as your flex option or get rid entirely. Trying to predict his usable weeks will enrage!

• Advertisement

Yeah I was just fed up of dealing with him! Gota very nice pay out though in the trade... especially with the hyde trade happening

Advertisement