Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

non-alcoholic distilled spirit -

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,273 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

mvl wrote: »
    not sure if it can be found in Ireland other than The Fat Duck in Bray

I'm afraid that's Bray, Berkshire, not Wicklow. It's Heston Blumenthal's restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

Ah - sorry for my ignorance then :o. And thanks.

- Subscription also seems to go to UK addresses - not sure if adresspal would do.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Dj Stiggie

I've heard really good things about it, but haven't tried it myself. I live in Copenhagen, and know of a few bartenders using it.

I've had Herbie 'Gin' in Copenhagen, we stocked it at a hotel I used to work in. 0.5% abv, it tasted like lavender water and would have been nice in a tall glass of ice to the brim, not mixed with tonic and sold for €13.50 a drink like we did.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

That's the silliest thing I've ever heard.
    This is flavoured water.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Richmond Marketing sent us in a couple of bottles of the Seedlip Garden 108 ages ago. Might be worth contacting them for stockists. I never tasted it however.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Seedlip, the world's first non-alcoholic distilled spirit.
    He began experimenting with distilling after reading The Art of Distillation, a volume published in 1651, which contains a number of non-alcoholic herbal remedies

spkyrll.gif

Dunnes sell it. €32 i think. Just the gin one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,843 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

An article here on Food and Wine Ireland lists stockists:
    https://foodandwine.ie/what-to-drink-when-you-re-not-drinking

Seedlip is available nationwide in Ireland (RRP €36) via drinkstore.ie and Dunnes Stores, as well as the following bars:
    Angelinas, Percy Place, Dublin 4; Delahunt, Camden St., Dublin; Dollard & Co, Wellington Quay, Dublin 2; House, Howley's Quay, Limerick; Market Bar, Fade St., Dublin 2; Pichet, Trinity St., Dublin 2; Redmonds of Ranelagh, 25 Ranelagh, Dublin 4; SOHO Bar & Restaurant, Grand Parade, Cork; The Westbury Hotel, Balfes St., Dublin 2; and more to be announced.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Bought a bottle in Dunnes today, they only had #94 spice.

Just tried it and I'm not really convinced. It tastes overwhelmingly of Cardamom. I really like Cardamom, but it's a bit like cold mulled wine. Weird!
    Will have to experiment a bit. They recommend a garnish of Pink Grapefruit, I only had lemon. A different tonic water might make a difference, too.
    The other problem I have with it, is that the bottle is somewhat hard to pour.

Advertisement