Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2018 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Lockie101 wrote: »
    In high threat areas, crews are triple crewed. Third person is a cover man/woman sometimes has a G36

I sometimes see a third crew member in the back of the car in patrols in my town, would they be carrying a long arm? Sounds stupid but I just kinda assumed it was because of a car shortage and they were being forced to triple crew....

Depends if that crew has a long arm qualified officer lol

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Ze0tech

Take that to pm banterbus lol.😘

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Lockie101

Depends if that crew has a long arm qualified officer lol

True lol

I admire you for sticking it out this long man, this is my 2nd application and my 3rd year waiting and I’m already starting to get ant-sy 😂

Currently watching a series called “The Met: Policing London”, pretty good for anyone interested in those types of shows and seems a bit more realistic/believable than some of those other shows

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Njim91

Currently watching a series called “The Met: Policing London”, pretty good for anyone interested in those types of shows and seems a bit more realistic/believable than some of those other shows

Very good documentary.

• Advertisement

Njim91 wrote: »
    Very good documentary.

Yeah, shows more than just car chases and arrests which is really interesting

Gonna watch the ross kemp armed police one here after Jack Ryan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

I have a random question/proposal here because I don’t know the age or the hobbies or anyone on here but does anyone here play games? I always like being friendly with people who have similar interests and I have made a few friends in the PSNI that I play games and talk to so just putting it out there

What are we talking here? Xbox, ps4 or are you pcmr?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

I completely agree under normal circumstances but the new contract is with the MDP which begins with 17 weeks training meaning that I potentially could be in the job less than 6 months after 17 weeks training before telling my boss “Thanks for the training and all but.. see ya”. Also, during the training process they sent recruits home at weekends which means sending me home to NI every weekend so at the end of the 17 weeks I would have costed the MDP... ahem... A LOT... in travel expenses. Which, on a personal level, i would feel absolutely **** leaving the job after them paying for that for me, not to mention the cost to actually train me and put me through a full AFO course

Its a tough predicament, but my personal opinion is don’t turn down an actual job offering in hope that a job offering you want might happen. You might be lucky and get a good merit position and be in GV in the first batch, you might be unlucky and pray they keep the list open long enough for you to get a chance at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Cbm27

2018 campaign is getting close, they’ve now added a countdown to the Join PSNI page.
    Do you all think the situational judgement test will be the same as last year?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 cazzie23

If you go onto the join psni page and into the “can I join” section and then the guidance for applicants the timeline and details for the process

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭BlueCop8790

They’ve also started advertising, so we should start to see more of a buzz around the boards.

Time line seems much longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Arniez12

No mention of fast track either? Didn't see it on first glance could be wrong tho

Thought that myself. Maybe it’s to give them more time to get through the 1710 Merit list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Wild.Wild.West

Why you think that? Looks similar to 17/10

I don’t think fast track was ever mention at the start of the last campaign, was it

I don’t think fast track was ever mention at the start of the last campaign, was it

Nah. Must just be imagining it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Wild.Wild.West

Nah. Must just be imagining it

It’s the processing of AC I think the takes up a lot of time, understandably of course.

Wish everyone the best anyway, it’s IST I think is the worst part of the process lol might attempt again myself

I heard a lot of people talking about fast track last year but I never asked so i’ll ask now: What is fast track and how do you qualify for it?

I heard a lot of people talking about fast track last year but I never asked so i’ll ask now: What is fast track and how do you qualify for it?

Getting an above average AC score

• Advertisement

People who scored very highly in the AC were processed through the remaining stages of the recruitment process before results had even been issued. This helped to significantly speed up the process and get people in GV.

Ah right okay, nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 LPT2018

Hi folks,

Joining you lot again from an unsuccessful 1710 campaign.
    Looking forward to all the shared information. Best of luck and keep posting!

Everything is gonna be alright.

All will be grand.

Just prep and all will go well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Ax L Foley

is anyone using any material to perfect the skills needed for IST?

Ax L Foley wrote: »
    is anyone using any material to perfect the skills needed for IST?

There is a few things online if you search and there are things mentioned in here I think. My advise is keep stabbing in the dark as that's how I felt when I did it. So many right answers that could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Peelerwannabe

Okay guys, welcome back to those returning and welcome to any new applicants! Can’t believe it was a year ago already since the last one but this is our year! Banterbus, who else was unsuccessful last campaign and is returning? I was us all back in here again because I had great fun last year with everyone on here and want the same again this year

I am back again! Good luck everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Recruit 6

Well is everyone looking forward to re applying and starting the process again

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Peelerwannabe

Recruit 6 wrote: »
    Well is everyone looking forward to re applying and starting the process again

Yes, starting to think about getting prepared. Has anyone got links to good practice papers for the IST?

• Advertisement

7 Days!

Advertisement