Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

adapting literature

• 06-09-2018 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Question, I'm attempting to have my thesis published. However, I would like to rewrite some of the content in the lit review, and also add some new content to the lit review. I'm not going near the primary research obviously. My question is, would this be considered ok? And would it be ok to utilise the existing primary data to compare against the new literature?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

dar100 wrote: »
    Question, I'm attempting to have my thesis published. However, I would like to rewrite some of the content in the lit review, and also add some new content to the lit review. I'm not going near the primary research obviously. My question is, would this be considered ok?
    Published masters with literature revisions and citations seems appropriate.
    And would it be ok to utilise the existing primary data to compare against the new literature?
    Is the existing primary data your intellectual property, or does it belong to others? If yours, there should be no problems using it. As far as comparing it to new studies/literature, such comparisons are done, especially in meta-analysis of studies on a particular research topic, along with citations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

Black Swan wrote: »
    Published masters with literature revisions and citations seems appropriate.

Is the existing primary data your intellectual property, or does it belong to others? If yours, there should be no problems using it. As far as comparing it to new studies/literature, such comparisons are done, especially in meta-analysis of studies on a particular research topic, along with citations.

Thanks Black Swan.

Basically I have added a couple of paragraphs into the lit review, and taken a little bit of an angle of interpretation of the findings. Well I have synthesised the findings into a chart type format to develop a framework. I sent it to a local journal, so see what happens

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Thanks Black Swan.

Basically I have added a couple of paragraphs into the lit review, and taken a little bit of an angle of interpretation of the findings. Well I have synthesised the findings into a chart type format to develop a framework. I sent it to a local journal, so see what happens
    Best of luck dar100.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

Black Swan wrote: »
    Best of luck dar100.

Thanks,

And thank you for all your help, you are a fountain of knowledge and very generous with passing it on.

Working on a new PhD proposal. I may be in need again:)

Working on a new PhD proposal. I may be in need again:)
    You are welcome dar100. Start a new thread when you wish.

• Advertisement
Advertisement