Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Using DeGiro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Another question.I am trying to lodge funds for the first time since my initial deposit. The BIC is slightly different on the address now...but it uses the same name and says I can't add the payee again. If I send to the other address will it send?
    Did you deposit before they changed their lodging account?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Did you deposit before they changed their lodging account?

Yes,about a month or 6 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

You need to use these details now:
    Name of beneficiary: Stichting DEGIRO
    Account number: NL37DEUT0319825019
    IBAN: NL37DEUT0319825019
    BIC: DEUTNL2A
    Bank Name: Deutsche Bank AG
    Address: De Entree 195, 1101 HE Amsterdam, Netherlands

So just delete the old payee as it's obsolete.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Pussyhands wrote: »
    How do I spend it?

It's 3 euro, what do you plan on spending 3 euro on? :D

Sabre Man wrote: »
    You need to use these details now:
    Name of beneficiary: Stichting DEGIRO
    Account number: NL37DEUT0319825019
    IBAN: NL37DEUT0319825019
    BIC: DEUTNL2A
    Bank Name: Deutsche Bank AG
    Address: De Entree 195, 1101 HE Amsterdam, Netherlands

So just delete the old payee as it's obsolete.

You also have to make the transfer from the registered bank account that you have on file with them. If you don't, the funds will be returned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    It's 3 euro, what do you plan on spending 3 euro on? :D

Penny stock :D

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭thefa

Has anybody else come across the Choice of Money Market Fund question with the deadline of the 15th this month?

I don’t fully understand what is being asked. What is the better option?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

thefa wrote: »
    Has anybody else come across the Choice of Money Market Fund question with the deadline of the 15th this month?

discussed in this thread from post 159 on
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107691131&postcount=159

thefa wrote: »

To keep it as simple as possible, If you haven't done anything up until this point your cash balance was automatically invested in Degiro's money fund. If the fund performed negatively, Degiro compensated you so as to make sure you never lost money in it.

I would imagine they don't want to hold cash funds anymore and so they are trying to entice clients to move their cash out of Degiro. What they are asking you now is do you want to keep your money with their fund or move it over to a money fund by Morgan Stanley. To encourage you to make this move, they are no longer going to compensate you if you stay with them. If the Degiro cash fund performs badly, that loss will be passed onto you. This compensation deal will instead move over to the Morgan Stanley fund.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

To keep it as simple as possible, If you haven't done anything up until this point your cash balance was automatically invested in Degiro's money fund. If the fund performed negatively, Degiro compensated you so as to make sure you never lost money in it.

I would imagine they don't want to hold cash funds anymore and so they are trying to entice clients to move their cash out of Degiro. What they are asking you now is do you want to keep your money with their fund or move it over to a money fund by Morgan Stanley. To encourage you to make this move, they are no longer going to compensate you if you stay with them. If the Degiro cash fund performs badly, that loss will be passed onto you. This compensation deal will instead move over to the Morgan Stanley fund.

Thanks as I had the same question, so you know if they can automatically send the cash from dividends straight to my bank a/c so little cash builds up in Degiro

• Advertisement

MAJJ wrote: »
    Thanks as I had the same question, so you know if they can automatically send the cash from dividends straight to my bank a/c so little cash builds up in Degiro

I don't believe you can automatically do this but you can login and withdrawal on a regular basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Live at Three

Sorry if this has been explained before, but can anyone tell me why my daily difference doesn't correspond with total? For example, I'm up around 10 euro today since I checked this time yesterday (around 10pm) but my dashboard says down 7 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Sorry if this has been explained before, but can anyone tell me why my daily difference doesn't correspond with total? For example, I'm up around 10 euro today since I checked this time yesterday (around 10pm) but my dashboard says down 7 euro.
    You make any transactions?

Wheety wrote: »
    You make any transactions?

No.

No.

Is it something to do with after hours values, or the fact that some of the shares are US and some European, opening and closing at different times?

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Skelet0n

No.

Currency fluctuations?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Skelet0n wrote: »
    Currency fluctuations?
    Yes.

US shares in USD.

You in EUR.

Bing bong!

USD does good, your investments go up :)

USD do bad, your investments go down :(

Also works for if you see shares actually go down but you are in the green - this means USD had a better day against the EUR.

Do you mean daily difference vs total difference? Daily is how you did during market hours for that day whereas total is how you have done over the lifetime of your account.

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Yes.

US shares in USD.

You in EUR.

Bing bong!

USD does good, your investments go up :)

USD do bad, your investments go down :(

Also works for if you see shares actually go down but you are in the green - this means USD had a better day against the EUR.

Both totals are quoted in Euros though, regardless of the dollar value it should correspond to overall earnings no?

For example, day difference might say down 10 euro but total difference appears to be 10 or 15 euro higher. I'll wait till it happens again and post back when I've a good example.

In other words, the day difference seems unreliable compared to total difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭dickface

Both totals are quoted in Euros though, regardless of the dollar value it should correspond to overall earnings no?

For example, day difference might say down 10 euro but total difference appears to be 10 or 15 euro higher. I'll wait till it happens again and post back when I've a good example.

In other words, the day difference seems unreliable compared to total difference.

Read the post above yours for the answer

• Advertisement

Do you mean daily difference vs total difference? Daily is how you did during market hours for that day whereas total is how you have done over the lifetime of your account.

I know the difference between the two. My issue is that total difference tells me Ive more money than I had yesterday while the daily difference tells me I've lost money.

I know the difference between the two. My issue is that total difference tells me Ive more money than I had yesterday while the daily difference tells me I've lost money.

So you mean your total difference was +10 yesterday for example and your daily difference today is -7 but total difference today is +5 for example and not +3?

That all comes down to the fact that your shares are more than likely in USD and your reporting from Degiro is in euro and so is taking into consideration exchange. Don't get too caught up on Degiro's reporting. The only thing that is important is the USD value of your shares until it comes time to sell. That's when you also need to keep an eye on the exchange rate.

Degiro's reporting is a little whacky at the best of times. Just use a different USD based stock portfolio tracking app if you want to keep an eye on performance and then a currency app to keep an eye on USD/EUR charts.

So you mean your total difference was +10 yesterday for example and your daily difference today is -7 but total difference today is +5 for example and not +3?

That all comes down to the fact that your shares are more than likely in USD and your reporting from Degiro is in euro and so is taking into consideration exchange. Don't get too caught up on Degiro's reporting. The only thing that is important is the USD value of your shares until it comes time to sell. That's when you also need to keep an eye on the exchange rate.

Degiro's reporting is a little whacky at the best of times. Just use a different USD based stock portfolio tracking app if you want to keep an eye on performance and then a currency app to keep an eye on USD/EUR charts.

Yes, that's exactly what's happening.

I get that the exchange changes the value, but why is this not reflected in both differences, seeing as they're all quoted in Euros?

The total difference is the one I look at and I almost always disregard the daily difference. As you say, it's a little whacky. If I am curious about a stock I check it elsewhere on line to get a better understanding.
    Thanks for reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭JourneyMan8

does degiro trade penny stocks or does anyone irish/european based do so?

does degiro trade penny stocks or does anyone irish/european based do so?

Yes. It does.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Skelet0n wrote: »
    Yes. It does.

Have you any tickers? I can't seem to find them.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭dickface

ANXIOUS wrote: »

how penny are you talking? this has a market cap of 32 M and can be found : DGLY

ANXIOUS wrote: »

There's loads. A penny stock is usually anything under $5.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Is there a feature on DeGiro that summarises you're position and buy/sell history on a particular share?

I know if you hold a share that you've bought and sold previously the overall position will take into account all previous gains/losses and you can print out transactions but wondering is there anything else?

• Advertisement

Bob Harris wrote: »
    Is there a feature on DeGiro that summarises you're position and buy/sell history on a particular share?

I know if you hold a share that you've bought and sold previously the overall position will take into account all previous gains/losses and you can print out transactions but wondering is there anything else?
    If you go into your transactions, you can filter by the name of the stock and the date range for either buy or sell.

Advertisement