Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW5 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Mane and Abua to Hazard and Lacazette for a -4 am I mad? 

My thinking is Hazard is almost a must have and will be very soon, Mane has horrible fixtures, and Laca looks like he will be played through the middle and Abua out wider and of course is considerably cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Mane and Abua to Hazard and Lacazette for a -4 am I mad? 

My thinking is Hazard is almost a must have and will be very soon, Mane has horrible fixtures, and Laca looks like he will be played through the middle and Abua out wider and of course is considerably cheaper.

Don't think your mad, but for a hit is it really worth it. Mane is on better form then hazard, granted hazard has the better fixture. Auba and lacazette is a toss of a coin who will outscore one another.

I've brought in lacazette alright, mainly cos he's the cheaper option.

The key to the change is whether hazard will outscore Mane and take into account the - 4, you need at least a two goal return off him to be sure

• Registered Users Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

It is quite possible that Hazard will outscore Mané by more than 4 points over the next three or four weeks though. Also, it will be easier to go from Hazard back to Mané at any time in a single transfer as Mané is cheaper. Should you decide that you need Hazard, you have to keep funds in the bank or take a hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

anyone getting on the Deeney train ?

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Unless Willian has a huge performance, there is a good chance Pedro will be back in for the Cardiff game after the internationals, particularly if Willian is in the States with Brazil for their two games next week.
    Further to this, Willian is in the Brazil squad, they are playing on Saturday and El Salvador next Wednesday. Unless he is released early, I would seriously doubt Willian will start for Chelsea then the following Saturday.

Also worth noting that Firmino, Allison, Fabinho, Fred and Pereira are also in the squad with Liverpool and Man Utd also playing on Saturday. Worth keeping an eye out to see if these guys get released early because if not they will have little time with their clubs to prepare for the weekends games.

Edit; don't know what Pep had to do for Tite but no City players in the squad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Lisa.J.Kelly

That is an excellent way to see things! Definitely win-win situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

That is an excellent way to see things! Definitely win-win situation.

Am I missing something here?

What is?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Am I missing something here?

What is?

She was responding to billymitchell's comment:
    As a Liverpool fan, I am tempted to take him out. If he doesnt score, my FF team doesnt suffer, if he scores , I am a happy Liverpool fan. Its kind of win - win!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Is there something I'm missing in terms of stats or some secret lads. Hazard has never been a top top FPL scorer. Even his best season Sterling and Mahrez blew his stats outta the park. I mean, get him in if you want, but Liverpool are fixture proof. They could easily score 2-4 goals in their next 4 fixtures each. I could be wrong and to be fair Chelsea are playing in a new system where Haz could possibly flourish but I think it's a bit mad. Mane is a much better PPM player, always has been. Don't get me started on Salah.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,054 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Is there something I'm missing in terms of stats or some secret lads. Hazard has never been a top top FPL scorer. Even his best season Sterling and Mahrez blew his stats outta the park. I mean, get him in if you want, but Liverpool are fixture proof. They could easily score 2-4 goals in their next 4 fixtures each. I could be wrong and to be fair Chelsea are playing in a new system where Haz could possibly flourish but I think it's a bit mad. Mane is a much better PPM player, always has been. Don't get me started on Salah.

Hazard is the quintessential FPL troll.

if you watch games, he's on the ball all the time, he looks dangerous, takes penalties, and is generally just brilliant.

but his stats never match up. he's not in the box enough, for instance, and doesn't take enough shots to justify the price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Yeah think I’m in agreement. I’m leaning towards a midfield of Salah, Sterling and Pedro. I will probably go without Salah this week for Hazard but bring back in after this Gameweek. Mane is a head **** and I don’t think his output is sustainable based on his chances, shots & positions he takes up. Would love to see him prove me wrong but for next few gameweeks happy to go without

• Registered Users Posts: 7,035 ✭✭✭COH

I have been let down by Hazard literally every single time I have owner him the past few seasons. That being said I think if there was ever a time to own him - this is probably it. Chelsea seem to have a new lease of life under the new manager and Hazard is the focal point of their attack and is probably playing for his Madrid contract next summer.

I dont think I could justify dropping Salah for him though, Mane perhaps, but even at that he is the highest scoring mid in the game at the moment and is a good bit cheaper (I've had him since gw1) playing for a team that break fast on the counter against teams who are tough but have been leaking goals (Spurs/City etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

As a hazard non owner the only thing I fear is Chelsea getting a lot of pens. I just don't see him tearing it up based on past evidence unless Chelsea get a crazy amount of pens like crystal palace did last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I love Hazard, he’s an explosive captain option. He regularly returns double digits and unlike say Kane does it in the games he’s expected to. You’re buying him because when he plays Bournemouth he gets 11 points and when he plays city he gets 2 points

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Markx

The bolded bit is simply not true.

Hazard's two top scoring seasons are 224 and 233.

Aguero's top scoring season is 216
    Kane's top scoring season is 224
    Sterling's top scoring season is 229. His second best is nowhere near that.
    Mahrez's top scoring season is 240. His second best is nowhere near that.

Over their respective times in the premier league:
    Hazard's PPM is 0.068
    Mane's PPM is 0.065

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

I think hazard is a good option to have, he's there key player and can pop up with some good hauls. Cardiff at home is no brainer captain wise.

I'd expect Chelsea to maintain their form once European games kick in. They will be putting out the second team in the Europa League which is when the big guns will get rested, whereas the Champions League teams will likely rotate players in the league with an eye on big European games. Chelsea will be focusing on the league and its looking like Hazard will be their main man.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Green&Red wrote: »
    I love Hazard, he’s an explosive captain option. He regularly returns double digits and unlike say Kane does it in the games he’s expected to. You’re buying him because when he plays Bournemouth he gets 11 points and when he plays city he gets 2 points

I had Hazard last year for a 7 game run of SWA, NEW, whu, hud, SOU, eve, BRI. As easy a run as you could get really.

He returned a 15 pointer, a 6 pointer, three 3 pointers and two 2 pointers.

He can hit a big score but people over estimate how often he does it. He throws in a LOT of blanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Benimar wrote: »
    I had Hazard last year for a 7 game run of SWA, NEW, whu, hud, SOU, eve, BRI. As easy a run as you could get really.

He returned a 15 pointer, a 6 pointer, three 3 pointers and two 2 pointers.

He can hit a big score but people over estimate how often he does it. He throws in a LOT of blanks.

I had a disaster with hazard last year moved sterling and Alonso out to get him for that run. Sterling and Alonso teared it up over that stretch and hazard did little or nothing I actually had him for a few weeks before that newcastle haul didn't have him for the newcastle game and then had him again for all the blanks. I worked it out last year my move to get hazard basically cost me close to 100 pts and destroyed my season. Even that newcastle game again one of the goals is a peno and it then gets him 3 bonus. Now of course this is part of the game and we all know he is on pens and it helps make him a good option. However he is fairly reliant on Chelsea getting a lot of pens to justify his price based on what we have seen before. Maybe under Sarri things will be different but I'm totally of the believe that Pedro is much better value. Pedro once in the team is mane, alli, David Silva type level of output. I think hazard is a grand option and I'd expect him to score against Cardiff but I just find him a bit of a trap. He looks great when you watch him but that doesn't necessarily make him a brilliant FF asset. I tend to have been very unlucky with the times I've owned hazard and not owned him so perhaps I'm being harsh on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,431 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Did he even have a shot on target before he scored against Bournemouth? I like watching him when I don't have him...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Did he even have a shot on target before he scored against Bournemouth? I like watching him when I don't have him...

He didn't. Has amassed very good assisting stats though but Alonso a much bigger threat when it comes to goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

The thing about Hazard is that a goal is usually worth 7 or 8 points cos of bonus points unlike Sterling and Salah. He's not a big goal threat so I get why people don't rate him as a FF option but he should score more under Sarri given how attacking the team are.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,431 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I think it's been mentioned here before (maybe by Busts) that Hazard is very like Eriksen in that you have to buy him for the season or at least a long stretch of games to fully benefit from him. There'll be a lot of 2s and then a blast of double digit hauls. Taking him in and out just ends up with you missing his hauls and then cursing him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

The main prob with hazard under Conte was he kept subbing him around the 70 min mark if they were 2-0 up say.
    It was frustrating as that's when the game often opens up.
    Hopefully under sarri he plays more 90 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Markx wrote: »
    The bolded bit is simply not true.

Hazard's two top scoring seasons are 224 and 233.

Aguero's top scoring season is 216
    Kane's top scoring season is 224
    Sterling's top scoring season is 229. His second best is nowhere near that.
    Mahrez's top scoring season is 240. His second best is nowhere near that.

Over their respective times in the premier league:
    Hazard's PPM is 0.068
    Mane's PPM is 0.065
    What's Mane's PPM since he joined Liverpool?

Hazard played 3373 mins when he got the 233 score.
    Sterling played 2584 mins when he got the 229 score.

That's pretty much the same score in 800 mins less.
    Mahrez got his 240 with 300 mins less.

Hazard has great stats but I wouldn't be going mad to get him in personally for his price. I'd agree with Busts on Pedro. For a budget price he offers excellent value. Just depends if he'll start or not and if you want to lose the captaincy option that Hazard brings.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I'm bringing Hazard in on my wildcard.

I 100% fully believe he will troll me. For that I have no doubt. But I'd rather bring him in and be trolled rather than not and him hitting double digits. I can live with being trolled but going against my gut is a lot harder.

As people mentioned before, I brought Hazard in for those fixtures last year and it was absolutely painful. I genuinely hate owning him, but Cardiff are absolutely woeful

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Considering Hazard in for Salah. I'm not panicking over Salah but I think I can flip flip them every few weeks depending on games and also depending on if my opponent in my H2H league has Salah. Could be a difference maker (currently I'm 1-3).

Looking at Schurrle too, need to fit him in somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭macraignil

razorblunt wrote: »
    Considering Hazard in for Salah. I'm not panicking over Salah but I think I can flip flip them every few weeks depending on games and also depending on if my opponent in my H2H league has Salah. Could be a difference maker (currently I'm 1-3).

Looking at Schurrle too, need to fit him in somewhere.

Will be keeping an eye of Schurle too and he may come in when investing the change from the selling Salah for Hazard. Seri also looks like a good candidate and is .5mill cheaper but it will all depend on who else I'll be clearing out in a couple of game weeks. Hope its not Hazard who has flopped and has to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Porthallian

What are people doing with Zaha? Was tempted to get Ings in but he won't have a game in GW6 against parent club Liverpool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

What are people doing with Zaha? Was tempted to get Ings in but he won't have a game in GW6 against parent club Liverpool.

But will Zaha play in GW5?

Advertisement