Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pre-ordering off Game.co.uk

Options
  • 01-09-2018 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

As title suggests, pre ordering PS4 1TB bundle & Fifa 19. However Game.co.uk are saying my mobile number is invalid on their website..?

Any ideas..? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

They need a uk number id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,514 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Tdireddi wrote: »
    As title suggests, pre ordering PS4 1TB bundle & Fifa 19. However Game.co.uk are saying my mobile number is invalid on their website..?

Any ideas..? Thanks.

For ordering a console from Game you need a UK postal address and a UK billing address. Never had an issue using my mobile number with the 00353 prefix.

The others can be gotten around for using Parcel Motel/Wizard(I suggest Wizard as it will be cheaper for delivery of a PS4 Pro) for your billing and postal address and a Revolut/bank card with the billing address temporarily changed to the above.

In all honesty unless it is something that is selling either exclusively or significantly cheaper at Game you are as well off ordering elsewhere and saving yourself the hassle.

That bundle is the same price from The Game Collection and ShopTo and you will have an easier time ordering it from either of them, I would still get it sent via Parcel Wizard though as the shipping cost will be significantly less.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

To hell with Game, they don't want anything to do with ROI, even when they had physical stores here!

Order off Smyths would be my suggestion, if it's too dear, try Amazon :)

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/fifa-19-video-game/fifa-19-ps4-consoles/c/fifa-19-ps4-consoles

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

marcbrophy wrote: »
    To hell with Game, they don't want anything to do with ROI, even when they had physical stores here!

They actually abandoned their stores without paying a notice period or severance to their employees. I can understand them leaving the ROI as they saw the writing on the wall for bricks and mortar video game stores, but there's no excuse to abandon your employees without pay. Especially when they remained operating in the UK.

They also refused to honour gift vouchers and loyalty credit.

I would implore you to navigate away from the Game website and not give them your money.

Advertisement