Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DS4 is a POS need alternative

• 30-08-2018 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭

Anybody know a better more reliable program for using PS4 joypad on PC?

DS4windows has become problematic as of late..

Recently it wouldnt find my joypad, some searching and i found stopping "NVContainerLocalsystem" under services in task manager fixed the issue and let it load correctly, i would then re-enable "NVContainerLocalsystem" and all is good.

Now none of that works and DS4 just says "Using exclusive mode" which i didnt make any action to turn on and it says no controllers connected in the controllers tab, rebooting yesterday fixed that, but didnt work today.

Getting mad and just want something more up to date and reliable, any suggestions?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,697 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just get a Xbox One pad. Great ad. Works out of the box.

Saying that, pretty sure a DS4 should work plug and play as well???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Just get a Xbox One pad. Great ad. Works out of the box.

Saying that, pretty sure a DS4 should work plug and play as well???

Yeah im keeping my eye out for a good xbox one pad deal, im a miser when it comes to joypads, they are far too expensive these days :D

But eh yeah im using the PS4 with DS4 wired, no bluetooth, it was working perfectly fine for years and then last few weeks, problematic :(

I might just have to bite the bullet and splash out on the xbox pad if no alternatives :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭gaynorvader

nix wrote: »
    Yeah im keeping my eye out for a good xbox one pad deal, im a miser when it comes to joypads, they are far too expensive these days :D

But eh yeah im using the PS4 with DS4 wired, no bluetooth, it was working perfectly fine for years and then last few weeks, problematic :(

I might just have to bite the bullet and splash out on the xbox pad if no alternatives :(

Make sure you have autohide disabled, Steam stopped playing nice with it a while back

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

You'll get a wired 360 one for 20 quid roughly.

You'll get a wired 360 one for 20 quid roughly.

Still have to use DS4 for that though wouldnt I? :(

I've got it working at the moment now anyway, i just used a usb 3.0 slot and it magically worked? even though the 2.0 slots were working fine before? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,697 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Nope, Xbox 360 pads are plug and play and widely supported.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Still have to use DS4 for that though wouldnt I? :(

I've got it working at the moment now anyway, i just used a usb 3.0 slot and it magically worked? even though the 2.0 slots were working fine before? :confused:

Nope. As Retro said, it's plug and play. Plus the wire is quite lengthy, and it has that added bonus of not having to worry about batteries or charging units.

Nice lads, im not fussed about being wired anyway. Wireless is just an unnecessary convenience. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭gaynorvader

Before you spend money, try disabling this option in DS4. It was the root of my issues:
    459910.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Set fire to that software and pick up an Xbox 360 pad wired or wireless they are quite cheap and you get used to it.

• Advertisement

Yeah i tried tinkering with those settings gaynorvader, no joy. I plugged into the usb 3.0 slot and that seems to be working for now.

I was scanning amazon there and the xbox 360 wired is actually crazy expensive (£55), the wireless was cheap but then id have to get a dongle on top of that and then replacing batteries.

So i just went with the Xbox Microsoft Official Wireless Controller with Cable for Windows works out at about €44, not the cheapest but less fuss.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,689 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

DS4's main advantage is that it has a motion sensor which works great with CEMU.

Advertisement