Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Under 21 Hurling Final August 26th 2018

• 26-08-2018 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭

Surely worthy of its own thread?

Expect Cork to win this with a bit to spare. Quite a strong team with Kingston and Fitzgibbon and Coleman and Robbie OFlynn. Tipp did take down Limerick with the likes of Casey, Hayes and Flanagan playing.

Hope the Gaelic grounds pitch is alright after the celebrations on Monday night!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Browney7

Put a serious hex on Cork - being totally outfought all over the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,014 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Cork coming back strong now

Great goal from Cahalane

Cork much stronger and fitter, will just blow them away

Mushy wrote: »
    Cork coming back strong now

Yeah they've started to go a bit more direct and have woken up in the middle third - big turnaround

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Some finish for that goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Brilliant goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭Robson99

Best team won. Ref bottled it not sending off Mark coleman

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Well that didn't happen anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Powerhouse

You are probably right. There seems to be a parallel universe in Cork hurling where they believe they are winning all around them. There was a lad here yesterday who reckoned themselves and Kilkenny were dominating hurling. Winning the under-21 was a mere formality in that world. Who even are Tipperary?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Powerhouse wrote: »
    You are probably right. There seems to be a parallel universe in Cork hurling where they believe they are winning all around them. There was a lad here yesterday who reckoned themselves and Kilkenny were dominating hurling. Winning the under-21 was a mere formality in that world. Who even are Tipperary?

To be fair, did look like they had woken up and were dominating. Half time came at the right time for Tipp, but fully deserved the win after a serious display of work ethic and cohesive teamplay. Very impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

wondered what was on in gaelic grounds today - cars parked everywhere and no where to park outside my home when I visited my parents today :mad:

Well that didn't happen anyway

Nope...delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Any videos of the third Tipp goal showing it wasn't thrown into the net? It's all I can see but no protest by Cork defenders so I'm not sure.

8+ steps too for good measure. Just remove steps as a rule for god sake. It's utterly pointless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Powerhouse

John.Icy wrote: »

Just remove steps as a rule for god sake. It's utterly pointless.

So you think players should be allowed to run as far as they like with the ball in hand? That’s a bit of a baby-with-the-bath water solution to a bad refereeing decision/unsatisfactory result to a match.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

Better team won. Cork performed well below their capabilities. It's becoming an issue for Cork teams to perform outside Munster now. I was disappointed in the lack of fight and leadership. Dalton was throwing his weight around in a negative way all through..shouting and shouldering...didn't do much with the ball. Tipperary teamwork was top class and they took their chances.. where was Kingston today..he scored one good point and nothing else...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Debatable that the better team won when they disappeared for large swathes of the match. A game of four halves you might say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

How did work out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

How did work out?

What's the point taunting a fella for being wrong, when he's clearly from Tipp and delighted with the result?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,034 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Any videos of the third Tipp goal showing it wasn't thrown into the net? It's all I can see but no protest by Cork defenders so I'm not sure.

8+ steps too for good measure. Just remove steps as a rule for god sake. It's utterly pointless.

Just saw the goal again.

Ya twas both alright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,968 ✭✭✭Hitchens

the GAH have made a balls of hurling and football. when a team is beaten they should be out until next year.

Well done to Tipp, commiserations to Cork.

I thought that at the time alright - looked like no Hurley struck the ball so could have been chalked off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

wondered what was on in gaelic grounds today - cars parked everywhere and no where to park outside my home when I visited my parents today :mad:

That can happen occasionally when one lives near a 50,000 capacity stadium.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭golfball37

Browney7 wrote: »
    I thought that at the time alright - looked like no Hurley struck the ball so could have been chalked off

Graham Mulcahy last week was the same. Tipp lad tonight was falling and it hit off his arm and dribbled in. There’s nothing wrong with it. Cork backs should have taken him down long before that as Tipp would have done at other end. Take your yellow card and one point concession.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

BloodyBill wrote: »
    Better team won. Cork performed well below their capabilities. It's becoming an issue for Cork teams to perform outside Munster now. I was disappointed in the lack of fight and leadership. Dalton was throwing his weight around in a negative way all through..shouting and shouldering...didn't do much with the ball. Tipperary teamwork was top class and they took their chances.. where was Kingston today..he scored one good point and nothing else...

Tipp fought like dogs and Cork simply couldn't match this.
    Agree on Dalton, attitude like a soccer player. Very skillful individual and a fine striker of the ball but for somebody that's being touted as a replacement for Horgan if he carries today's kind on carry-on into senior championship he's in for a very rude awakening.
    What were Cork at playing Fitzgibbon behind Coleman for much of the game.?
    Were they really that worried about their own full back line.?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭BarryNumber1

Was at the game, a disappointing result for Cork. Slow start, played well when they got going but fair play to Tipp, they showed more hunger all round. A bit more aggression, less of the hand passing into trouble, some cuteness and Cork could have closed it out, they were in the lead at one point in extra time. Wouldn’t blame the ref… if he was leaving stuff go Cork should have taken advantage of that too... Tim O’Mahony hauled down in first half rounding his man, Cork could have done the same for the 2 Tipp goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭JesusRef

Dalton needs a big attitude change for Senior alright, it was an AI Final and he just seemed to be constantly getting involved in stupidity that is frankly a waste of energy, it is so rare to see that carry on at a high level these days, and not something you would associate with Cork Hurling

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Cornerback1

Great win for Tipp after the previous hsmmering by Cork. Beat Galway well in semi-final when a lot didn't give them a chance. Worked really hard for the team - you could see that in the first 2 mins and Cork weren't expecting that sort of intensity.

I remember Antrim 'shocking' Wexford a few years back in the semi-final. They did the same, started with great intensity, got early goals and pushed on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Debatable that the better team won when they disappeared for large swathes of the match. A game of four halves you might say.
    It is debatable but what certainly isn't is they were the team with the better attitude and application, it is also worth noting that 13 of the Tipp team would have been U21 again next year, whereas 13 of the Cork team were in their last year, they essientially won it with an U20 team against a team that was being lauded as one of the best ever. Te game may evolve and change all the time but the one constant will always be that without hard work you are at nothing, the winning goal was the perfect example and the work rate of the other forwards to force the turnover was incredible at that stage of the game considering the energy that they had already expended.

Thought Cork were very poor on the sideline as well and Cahill definitely won that battle.

• Advertisement
Advertisement