Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Fantasy Football League - NFL.com redraft

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Would be interested if there is a spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

I'm interested if there's a spot also

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Jasondeans86er

How are the numbers looking?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Brenty

Be interested in a spot if one available.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

Guys, I'm willing to be in the league but does somebody else want to be the GM? I've a lot of Fantasy on at the moment

• Advertisement

If no one else wants to do it, I don't mind running it.

If no one else wants to do it, I don't mind running it.

Sound man. I'll transfer you the league now shortly. If you could sort out the league members and draft time etc, that'd be great! Cheers

Just remembered this was on ESPN actually cause it was a last minute draft. Would recommend just setting up a new league on NFL.com and starting from scratch!

Ill look into it tomorrow (although I wouldn't say no to leaving it on espn) Guys start DMing me your emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Mikedrop

Any spaces left?

• Advertisement

Hi all! sent all who have said they want in a message so check your inbox. I will start to organise the league once enough of you have got back etc. currently have 11 saying they want in so I would say there is a spot open. J

Those of you who have sent me their emails should have an invite to the league in your inbox, if you don't, let me know, (8 have gotten back so far). Most of you who got back were in favour of the nfl app so its that. I changed the scoring to what we had on espn last year. so 0.5ppr etc. Still looks like we have room for 1 more to make it a 12 person league. If it ends up being a 10 person the bench will increase to 7 spots and the playoffs will only be 4 teams (same as last year) cheers

Super stuff. Thanks Jason.

So is it the standard PPR format in NFL.com?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,082 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Thanks so much Jason, invite accepted and registered!

Few changes on the defensive scoring (main difference between espn and nfl) yards conceded are included v just points, kickers have minus pints for missed pat/fg also. why NFL.com nurfs these is beyond me. I'll sort a poll for draft time (don't worry about the one listed on the league) in the coming days... thinking mid next week.

I have a friend here that would like to make up the last spot. He just joined boards but he's unable to post in here probably because of that.

Is it ok for me to pass him on the league details to join?

Ta

now by friend do you mean that you really wanna own two teams so you can consolidate into one super team?

I think you need to be a member for a few days before you are aloud post to stop spamming. I can't see why not. I can add his email if you want to dm me.

GK1001 wrote: »
    I have a friend here that would like to make up the last spot. He just joined boards but he's unable to post in here probably because of that.

Is it ok for me to pass him on the league details to join?

Ta

Haha yeah...wait till you see all the trading pre week 1 :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Thanks for setting this all up, looking forward to it now!

Quick question though, I see the draft is set for 4pm on a Wednesday, I'm assuming that'll get changed? I mean I can do a bit of a sneaky drafting session in work if needs be, but ideally it'd be more in the eveing! :pac:

I just put in a random date that was far enough away to set it up, will do a poll in the coming days.

Thanks for setting this all up, looking forward to it now!

Quick question though, I see the draft is set for 4pm on a Wednesday, I'm assuming that'll get changed? I mean I can do a bit of a sneaky drafting session in work if needs be, but ideally it'd be more in the eveing! :pac:

• Advertisement

Good man Jason, got the invite and accepted! Looking forward to it!

Jesus you are all very eager! 10 confirmed and signed up already, I will check my list in the morning and see who hasn't gotten back to me and then sort out a poll for the draft, as I said prob some time next week? All happy campers? Thought we had gotten away with no repeated names but we have 2 Seans! when everyone is up and running I will post a list with team name, username here and actual first name so we all know who's who.

Hi All,

Just waiting on one person to get back to me to get the 12, I have created a poll (I couldn't get a poll working here) so you should be able to access it via this link https://doodle.com/poll/unk3wkfwk8wqa9v6 let me know if it doesn't work and the one with the most votes is when we draft. cheers

Hi All,

Just waiting on one person to get back to me to get the 12, I have created a league poll (I couldn't get a poll working here) so you should be able to access it from the chat section of our league page or via this link goo.gl/1EsThA let me know if it doesn't work and the one with the most votes is when we draft. cheers

Only issue with the poll is you can only vote for one time. Maybe try create one of Doodle? Have used it before and it's very simple

Changed it to a doodle, hopefully it works! also there is one spot that is free the last person said they would like to back out if there is a replacement person. Cheers Poll link https://doodle.com/poll/unk3wkfwk8wqa9v6

gerryfed wrote: »
    Only issue with the poll is you can only vote for one time. Maybe try create one of Doodle? Have used it before and it's very simple

Still one spot open for newcomers.

Hi I just completed the poll there. I can only do the Wednesday of those times. Won't be available for the other times. Would Monday or Tuesday be options?Arranging the draft time is always the hardest thing!

In the case that we go ahead with the most popular time regardless and I can't attend, if I set up my draft list, I wonder will the automated draft pick use my list instead of just doing the next highest in the NFL order?

Just checked there and yes if you set up a draft list it will use this if you have to autopick

It should go next highest player barring a roster issue (no qb, def or kicker by the last 3 rounds etc)

I can expand the poll to see but Wednesday and thursday at 9 is very popular. just gives us less time to get organised if its monday or tuesday.
    GK1001 wrote: »
    Hi I just completed the poll there. I can only do the Wednesday of those times. Won't be available for the other times. Would Monday or Tuesday be options?Arranging the draft time is always the hardest thing!

In the case that we go ahead with the most popular time regardless and I can't attend, if I set up my draft list, I wonder will the automated draft pick use my list instead of just doing the next highest in the NFL order?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Mikedrop

Done my NFL.com draft today.

No.1 overall picked a WR🀯

• Advertisement

Mikedrop wrote: »
    Done my NFL.com draft today.

No.1 overall picked a WR��

A WR? Not really that insane. I'd be tempted to take Nuk personally!

Advertisement