Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forum Games Fantasy Premier League Jumpers for Goalposts thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,350 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Disasterous start from me, thought I was on to a winner puting Vardy cpt but that turned to pot.

Anything over an 8 pt hit and Id consider using the wc. I'll probably use it this week as the squad I have have done sweet fa.

Bear in mind you get another wc for the 2nd half of the season.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I've about 5 non starters through injury suspension and actually not being starters now my only saving grace has been my chelsea players really.

Ugh you're talking circa 20 points to permanently transfer them out.

Depends if they're out for an extended period or a singular gameweek tbh.

If just the one week you could use your free hit and make as many as you'd like but your team goes back to normal then the following week.

Necrominus wrote: »
    Ugh you're talking circa 20 points to permanently transfer them out.

Depends if they're out for an extended period or a singular gameweek tbh.

If just the one week you could use your free hit and make as many as you'd like but your team goes back to normal then the following week.

Wait whats this you can do a one week transfer of as many players as you like thats interesting.

Well Rondon seems like a non starter as does Jabhalash thought they would be starting for thier teams after the transfers.

Yedlin has a big old red tag beside his name but unsure of length out.

Vardy will get 3 games but I brought in Firminio quickly as I anticipated a priced drop.

And jose said Shanchez is looking at 2 weeks off.

I want to bring in hazard as I reckon he will be starting from next week and could be sensational in a sarri team, Jorghinio has looked class although I'm not sure how many points he will get as he is more an assisters asssiter. Scored a peno day 1 mind.

I wont do anything drastic untill further in the week and let things settle down at least

I find that free hit perk is better used near the end of the season durring a gw were teams play twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

What do you reckon is an acceptable points loss to take over using a wild card?

I've about 5 non starters through injury suspension and actually not being starters now my only saving grace has been my chelsea players really.

Didnt hear anything about Firminio yet although considering I transferred him in for vardy last night I wouldnt be surprised

Probably 12+, depends on subs and as Necro says, how quickly the team turns back to itself. I'd rather keep in the the back pocket either way, if catastrophy strikes or I see an oppurtunity for tactical use I'd prefer that

• Advertisement

Kolido wrote: »
    Disasterous start from me, thought I was on to a winner puting Vardy cpt but that turned to pot.

Anything over an 8 pt hit and Id consider using the wc. I'll probably use it this week as the squad I have have done sweet fa.

Bear in mind you get another wc for the 2nd half of the season.

Did the same with Vardy.

It was so stupid and a real shame as the game was set up for him in the 2nd half with them chasing a 2 goal deficit

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,348 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Captaining Lukaku keeping me in the top three, but otherwise not a great week. Still have Zaha and Firminho to play.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Captaining Lukaku keeping me in the top three, but otherwise not a great week. Still have Zaha and Firminho to play.

*Nods*

Salah (captain) and Zaha to play for me tomorrow. I'll pass over narration duties to Mick this week I think, jetting off for a few days to Munich :D

Necrominus wrote: »
    *Nods*

Salah (captain) and Zaha to play for me tomorrow. I'll pass over narration duties to Mick this week I think, jetting off for a few days to Munich :D

I just found out there is 2 wildcrads a season jesus and here was me thinking it was one much more likely to use it now.

Narration duties aaaaaaaaaaaah

Have fun on your hollier dude

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Lol still a point ahead of you Necro :D

Where is the Firmino injury stuff coming from? Liverpool put out a thing over the weekend saying they only have Chamberlain and some youth prospect as the only real injury concerns.

Need a couple of goals from Firmino and Salah to get me up that table.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

I can't see anything about him not playing anyway

Firmino starts tonight for anyone concerned.

Strange week. Did well (i think), but still dropped a place or two. Missed a trick not captaining Aguero. Carrying some defenders and a midfielder or two.

My emotional attachment to Fulham seems ill advised apart from Mitrovic.

1 no starter of 0 points and 2 red cards one of which was captained and with 5 possible non starters next week ive had to take a -4 and whihch could possibly be a -8 by the weekend

Had better weeks :cool:

Catching up on the when to wildcard chat. I took a -8 this week. Keeping those WCs and the FH for double game weeks. I reckon ill make back the points in the DG weeks that i would make otherwise now.

-4 is fine and id usually just take that week on week if i need to.

-8 happened due to the De Bruyne injury - i had already made a transfer to beat the price increases, so had to make another to get cover for big Kev.

I always have to remind myself that i ALWAYS have a shocking start to each season. Quite like Fulham actually.

But then as more info becomes available as the season goes on, i usually turn it around and go up the rankings. Have never won a league, but hopefully ill be there or thereabouts.

So after a GW1 which saw me leave 21 points on the bench, I fared a bit better this week.

Cheers for the pointers Pter and Mick about saving the likes of triple captain for a double gameweek. I will be doing that.

Now the question for GW 3- To leave Pogba in or not? He was alright in his first game, horrendous in his second and it is not looking promising for GW3. However, he has still bagged 2 goals so far from penalties and therefore his FF points return are far better than his performances are on the eye.

I'm thinking of unloading him and/or Hazard to try and get some true firepower up front. Really would like to get Aguero in there after the marker he laid down over the weekend.

So after a GW1 which saw me leave 21 points on the bench, I fared a bit better this week.

Cheers for the pointers Pter and Mick about saving the likes of triple captain for a double gameweek. I will be doing that.

Now the question for GW 3- To leave Pogba in or not? He was alright in his first game, horrendous in his second and it is not looking promising for GW3. However, he has still bagged 2 goals so far from penalties and therefore his FF points return are far better than his performances are on the eye.

I'm thinking of unloading him and/or Hazard to try and get some true firepower up front. Really would like to get Aguero in there after the marker he laid down over the weekend.

It's an interesting series of choices.....if Pogba is returning each week despite shoddy performances, id keep him in. For his FF value, he is actually a good buy - especially compared to (a non-injured) KBD, or Salah etc etc.

Re: Aguero - he did feck all W1, and i do think pep will be rotating him eventually like he did early last season. But if he stays in the team, he will get goals. I wouldnt rearrange my team to get him, but if you can do a relatively straight swap or couple of swaps, it bears thinking about imo.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,348 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Bloody hell, 1st to 4th, and 25 points of a gap opened up between me and the top. Sanchez not playing hurt. My defensive line picked up 26 points, Lukaku with 16 and everyone else was dreadful.

Have to sub out Sanchez anyway. Gonna replace him with Pogba. Gonna take a 4 point hit too, and switch out Dedonker, cause he's not looked up to much so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Bloody hell, 1st to 4th, and 25 points of a gap opened up between me and the top. Sanchez not playing hurt. My defensive line picked up 26 points, Lukaku with 16 and everyone else was dreadful.

Have to sub out Sanchez anyway. Gonna replace him with Pogba. Gonna take a 4 point hit too, and switch out Dedonker, cause he's not looked up to much so far.

*snigger* That sounds like a sex act.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭AnLachaCorcra

Just noticed that Dynamol Moscoyle is top of the league. I'm gonna enjoy this while I can, since I don't expect it to last :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Bit the bullet and took the WC last night, Pogba, Benteke, Luis and Mata in, had to be done. Nabbed Westwood just to have someone that wasn't an Arsenal 2nd string midfielder.

Pter wrote: »
    It's an interesting series of choices.....if Pogba is returning each week despite shoddy performances, id keep him in. For his FF value, he is actually a good buy - especially compared to (a non-injured) KBD, or Salah etc etc.

Re: Aguero - he did feck all W1, and i do think pep will be rotating him eventually like he did early last season. But if he stays in the team, he will get goals. I wouldnt rearrange my team to get him, but if you can do a relatively straight swap or couple of swaps, it bears thinking about imo.

I think Pogba stays for GW3. Heart is totally over-ruling the head here, but I feel a captain's performance coming from him at home against Spurs this weekend. (jump cut: Old Trafford burns down)

I'll have to see with Aguero. I would need to do a fair bit of shuffling with players and transfers to afford him. As it is, my forward line needs work anyway - I pick 2/3 of Rashford, Arnautovic and Joselu for my team, but I need at least one striker who will score more often than not. If selling Rashford and Arnie would fund Aguero plus any other striker, I'd do it, but Aguero is too expensive for that option.

Jose Out.

I think Pogba stays for GW3. Heart is totally over-ruling the head here, but I feel a captain's performance coming from him at home against Spurs this weekend. (jump cut: Old Trafford burns down)

I'll have to see with Aguero. I would need to do a fair bit of shuffling with players and transfers to afford him. As it is, my forward line needs work anyway - I pick 2/3 of Rashford, Arnautovic and Joselu for my team, but I need at least one striker who will score more often than not. If selling Rashford and Arnie would fund Aguero plus any other striker, I'd do it, but Aguero is too expensive for that option.

Vardy should be out for the next 3 games due to suspension so you could look to get in innacheo for Rashford for the short term, they have 2 decent games in that 3 via Southampton and Bouremouth where he could get a few goals hopefully.

The other game is via Liverpool and sure if he scores in that its double the fun :D

If you want to get Augero in who has gone up in price you will need to free up 11.5 mil and i think it will take you 3 transfers if you want to keep your midfield in tact but you would need to get rid of one of your more expensive defenders. I think just had a quick look

So you have 1.9 in the bank

Rash to Inaceho get a mil extra 2.9

Trippier to a 4 mil defender gets you to 4.9

And selling Aruntivic for 7 brings you to 11.9

Which gives you enough for Augero and .8 in the bank

Or you can do a 4.5 defender and have . 4 in the bank

And then you'd have to sub out Inneacho the week after I think that works

If you dont want to spend on transfers

Wish I thought of Inneacho before I made mu subs this week :o

Most points on the bench this week

Fangs FC 26

ABBBCCCEFHLLMMNSSWWWW 21

Gone by Decemeber 20

Dynamol Moscoyle 19

This weeks top 4 bench teams

NRVs'R'Us 11

KOP ON 11

Kitten's Krew 10

Gone By November FC 9

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

This weeks top 4 bench teams

NRVs'R'Us 11

KOP ON 11

Kitten's Krew 10

Gone By November FC 9

I actually thought about putting Schmicheal in instead of DeGea but decided against it as Utd we’re playing Brighton - how wrong was I???

• Advertisement

kitten_k wrote: »
    I actually thought about putting Schmicheal in instead of DeGea but decided against it as Utd we’re playing Brighton - how wrong was I???

I mean I dont think many would have seen what happened coming. Having points on the bench is just bad luck most of the time but I thought it might be fun to keep track of it a little even though it can be frustrating as hell

Advertisement