Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Settlers

Options
  • 21-08-2018 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭

Woohoo! I predicted this would make an appearance at E3 this year, but I guess they were saving it for GamesCom. Delighted! I am a huge fan of this series and I can't wait to see what the new one will be like. :D

Ubisoft is making a new game in strategy series The Settlers, it has announced.

It's simply called—in line with annoying modern game-naming standards—The Settlers, and it'll be with us in fall/autumn 2019. You can check out the first trailer above, and it certainly looks the part.

It's a nice surprise for fans of the previous games, the first of which came out 25 years ago. The last major The Settlers game was The Settlers 7: Paths to a Kingdom, which came out in 2010.

Ubisoft is also re-releasing modernised versions of The Settlers 1 through 7 in a History Collection that will be out November 15. The History Edition of the first game is already available on UPlay, and features auto-save, different speed settings and an alternative "classic RTS" control scheme, so expect similar licks of paint for the other games.

You can watch a trailer for the History Collection below.

https://www.pcgamer.com/ubisoft-is-making-a-new-the-settlers-game/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

So many hours spent with Settlers. Good times!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,053 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I'm impressed they dug up an Amiga 500 for the sake of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Omg yes yes and yes!!!! Love the series and Settlers 7 was such an amazing game!!! Loved everything about it.

Advertisement