Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin port Papal visit

• 20-08-2018 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭

I've tried various gov websites (garda, fingal etc) already but it all seems hurdy gurdy

I need to get to the ferry at Dublin port on Sunday

Surely the M50 will remain open so what's my best option

Thank you

Comments

avoid the city?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭ManAboutCouch

The M50 is unaffected, take that and then the Port Tunnel to the port. The tunnel toll will cost you €3.

If you're coming from the South East of the city then the East-Link is also unaffected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

The M50 is unaffected, take that and then the Port Tunnel to the port. The tunnel toll will cost you €3.

If you're coming from the South East of the city then the East-Link is also unaffected.

Super

Thank You

• Registered Users Posts: 41 smurph6

ve a similar question. I'm flying out Saturday at 6.30pm. Was planning on taking the aircoach up from Cork. Will delays be bad? I know on the aircoach site they said they'll be dropping passengers to Dublin airport first as opposed going through city. Just want to know what kinda time should I give myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

smurph6 wrote: »
    ve a similar question. I'm flying out Saturday at 6.30pm. Was planning on taking the aircoach up from Cork. Will delays be bad? I know on the aircoach site they said they'll be dropping passengers to Dublin airport first as opposed going through city. Just want to know what kinda time should I give myself
    Lots

Imagine all the traffic heading to Dublin for the event.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Lots

Imagine all the traffic heading to Dublin for the event.

Yeah, this is going to be one of those events that you simply can't predict what will happen with traffic. As an example, yesterday the M1 was backed up on the way into town further than it's ever been, and they're pretty sure that it's Pope related.

Best to play it safe and give yourself plenty of time.

Advertisement