Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

National Lottery Daily Million Winners

Options
  • 08-08-2018 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,666 ✭✭✭

Hi.

Does anyone know of jackpot winners of the National Lottery Daily Million game?

I only ever hear of winners of the Lotto and EuroMillions.
    For example, on lotto.ie - a message that changes from time to time, currently says e.g. 'FEATURED CONGRATULATIONS! Our latest online EuroMillions big winner has won €278,540 on Tuesday, July 31st's draw!'. I've yet to see any mention of 'Daily Million' winners.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Today 2pm, (Main draw)

Top Prize Winner 0 €1,000,000
    Match 5 + Bonus 0 €10,000
    Match 5 0 €500
    Match 4 + Bonus 0 €100
    Match 4 27 €25
    Match 3 + Bonus 29 €10
    Match 3 269 €3

Last nights (it’s twice daily)

Top Prize Winner 0 €1,000,000
    Match 5 + Bonus 0 €10,000
    Match 5 3 €500
    Match 4 + Bonus 1 €100
    Match 4 29 €25
    Match 3 + Bonus 43 €10
    Match 3 372 €3

https://www.lottery.ie/dbg/results/view?game=daily-million&draws=0

6balls, 1-39 + 1bonus, Plus draw add 50c.
    Hard to get excited about this, the last decent win (10k) appears to have been 26th July (26 draws ago).

The only lotto that will ever play is the EuroMillions Hot-picks type, 1m squid for 5balls (no bonus req'd).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,666 ✭✭✭Worztron

I wonder how many people play the regular Lotto vs Euro Millions vs Daily Million?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Has anyone actually won a million of 500k on DM?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭jacool

Worztron wrote: »
    I wonder how many people play the regular Lotto vs Euro Millions vs Daily Million?
    You can guess how many people are playing the irish Lottery by how many win the raffle prize. Saturday always outpasses Wednesday.
    There are no facts for the other two draws.
    I'd say very few play the Daily Millions because if you have "fixed numbers" that's 14 draws a week to be involved in (28 stakes, if you include the plus).
    A quick google shows two wins reported in 2018 for €1m, and one for €500k.
    If I had a fiver burning a hole in my pocket, I'd go for the chance to win €90m tonight, to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

I notice they're putting up the cost of the lotto again with the lotto plus going from 50c to €1 per line.

Might as well stick in an extra 10 or so balls while they're at it.

• Advertisement

BoroMan32 wrote: »
    I notice they're putting up the cost of the lotto again with the lotto plus going from 50c to €1 per line.

Might as well stick in an extra 10 or so balls while they're at it.

Guess they've got pensions for the retired Canadian teachers fund to pay for.

Prefer the EuroMills HotPicks: 1m for just 5 balls (no stars) circa 1.50.

Guess they've got pensions for the retired Canadian teachers fund to pay for.

Prefer the EuroMills HotPicks: 1m for just 5 balls (no stars) circa 1.50.

Hi Eason Yummy Redhead. How do you do the EuroMillions HotPicks? Online/Offline?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,052 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

The Lotto, a legalised scam?.

Worztron wrote: »
    Hi Accumulator. How do you do the EuroMillions HotPicks? Online/Offline?

Generally any bookies (not online, shops only) will provide it. Bet365 used to offer it until the main lotto operators complained about it (they were loosing business).

Odds vary, but generally 100/1 for 2 balls, 1500/1 for just 3 balls and the 4 balls returns a respectable 30k for 1€.
    You can stake as little, or much as you desire e.g. just 20cents for 4balls would still return 6k.

There is likely some upper limits due to their t&c's. e.g. The max for 4 balls would be 3.30 returning 99k (assuming shop has 100k max terms for lotto).

If aiming for 5balls and the full 1m, best plan is to travel to, or get someone in the uk (inc. NI) to fill in the 'hotpicks' slip and do for you, costs £1.50 per line.
    https://www.national-lottery.co.uk/games/euromillions-hotpicks

Again £1m (1.2m in euro) for 5 main em balls is probably the 'best bang per bet'.

Getting 5balls in the regular shop em ticket costs more and returns (much) less. Important to remember to give 10%+ to charity, or good causes, for any large wins.

Other note, there are remote companies offering similar, never used so can't confirm if they are reliable or not. https://www.lottoland.co.uk/euromillionaire

The Lotto, a legalised scam?.

How is it a scam?

• Advertisement
Advertisement