Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help

• 16-08-2018 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

My sons account on the playstation is the family manager ...Is there anyway i can change this with out deleting all his games and awards ..i need to try and restrict his gaming time

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Just do it the old fashioned way, its a lot simpler and as effective. Take the joypads away :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭freddie1970

i just want him off family manager me in as to control purchases and everything

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

My sons account on the playstation is the family manager ...Is there anyway i can change this with out deleting all his games and awards ..i need to try and restrict his gaming time

Hide the power, HDMI cable or controller. Deleted games can be redownloaded or restarted if you mean saves.

i just want him off family manager me in as to control purchases and everything

• Registered Users Posts: 44,881 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Might be some help here:

https://www.playstation.com/en-ie/get-help/help-library/my-account/parental-controls/family-management/

Doesn't say if you can change them out, but worth possibly going through the steps to assign another account as the Parent and then try to assign the kids account as a child account

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Might be some help here:

https://www.playstation.com/en-ie/get-help/help-library/my-account/parental-controls/family-management/

Doesn't say if you can change them out, but worth possibly going through the steps to assign another account as the Parent and then try to assign the kids account as a child account

You can't change an adult account to a kids account because the date of birth is fixed on it.

Its very annoy and there is nothing that can be done ...My sons account is the family manager and now he has all his games and stuff save on it ..There doesnt seem to be anything that came be done only cancel his acc

Its very annoy and there is nothing that can be done ...My sons account is the family manager and now he has all his games and stuff save on it ..There doesnt seem to be anything that came be done only cancel his acc

Don't do that, simply take over the account yourself, change the passwords and set up two step verification and and set up a separate kids account for him. He'll lose his trophies and saves but at least you won't lose any digital games that you paid for.

I have done that but he is crying he will lose all his skins and trophies in fortnite..but there doesn't seem to be anyway to save them for him

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

I have done that but he is crying he will lose all his skins and trophies in fortnite..but there doesn't seem to be anyway to save them for him

Well there's your solution right there,set the time limits and if he breaks them,you do the above..

Its in his own interests to keep to the times agreed.

• Advertisement

I'd be more inclined to rip off the band aid now, especially if you're already having issues around his gaming - set up the kids account for him and have control of the family manager account while changing the passwords and setting up 2-step verification for purchases. You mightn't be popular for a little bit but being a parent isn't meant to be a popularity contest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

You're worried about him making purchases? You could always remove your credit card details from the account.

I'd be more inclined to rip off the band aid now, especially if you're already having issues around his gaming - set up the kids account for him and have control of the family manager account while changing the passwords and setting up 2-step verification for purchases. You mightn't be popular for a little bit but being a parent isn't meant to be a popularity contest.
    you are right I told him account is going so he is getting used to idea now...I had to do something asfortnite is becoming a major issue with him

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Just log onto
    https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/

Remove all payment methods and the auto renew and only allow him to purchase games using the cards from a store...

Two step verification is always a good idea. Also if gaming time is also an issue you may be able to modify access on your modem depending on the model.

Advertisement