Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I was kinda expecting a big announcement in the trailer given the way Adam Bhatti and Asim Tanvir had talked it up on twitter the last few days.

There's nothing there we didn't know yesterday is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,161 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

• Registered Users Posts: 21,866 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Celtic next club to be an official partner with a club edition of the game and Park Head being in the game

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Russian and Turkish leagues added too

For all you Liverpool fans out there, there's a Liverpool edition...

https://twitter.com/officialpes/status/1025398609066569729?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

Demo is out next Wednesday. If you're on PS4 you can set up a New Zealand account and get it 10 or 11 hours before Ireland gets it. I'm sure some heads on here already know that pro tip!

Demo is up on New Zealand PS Store.

Think the demo is grand. It's got minor improvements rather than huge improvements imo.

The menus feel very quick. I like em.

The new lighting really makes a difference to how it looks. I'm only playing on a standard ps4 and 1080p TV but it looks great.

Some nice touches from players in game that I don't think was there before.

There's not really much else that stood out.

Think the demo is grand. It's got minor improvements rather than huge improvements imo.

The new lighting really makes a difference to how it looks. I'm only playing on a standard ps4 and 1080p TV but it looks great.

Some nice touches from players in game that I don't think was there before.

There's not really much else that stood out.

I'd agree, somewhat, with what I've played so far (3 games). Definitely an improvement in gameplay on PES 2018, albeit a minor upgrade there, but then again I thought PES 2018 was a great game. Hard to judge it properly with the 5 minute marches, haven't played enough to see what the refs are like for example, but I have a good feeling about it.
    I'm playing it on a PS4 Pro on a 4k tv and it looks fantastic, really impressed with the graphics. Animations are improved too.
    I play mainly offline with mates, playing Champions Leagues, so the loss of that license is a bit of a blow, although there'll be a customisable tournament available to fix that. I'll miss that Champions League music and presentation though.
    Can't wait to get my hands on the full game. As I say haven't played enough to give a proper review of it, but from what I've played of it I'm well impressed. I'm a PES man through and through and I think they may have knocked it out of the park this year.
    Probably not a great analogy there for a football game, haha.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I think they may have knocked it out of the park this year. Probably not a great analogy there for a football game, haha.

Scored a worldie...

Hit the back of the net...

Found the top corner....

Just a few suggestions!! :pac: :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Stichy

Played a couple of games last night the cursor changing seems to be improved it was terrible on 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Plays fine, I felt more impressed by previous demos.
    I've barely played PES the last few years even thougj I bought most of them. I think the UT/MyClub focus has turned me off football games. I enjoy PES a lot more but waiting for kits to come online and delays in squad updates is a real turnoff as a day 1 purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

How do you shield a ball? And how do you move your player when receiving a pass, say i've kicked a long ball up to someone and i want to get them to start moving towards it

Bit underwhelmed by the demo to be honest. I agree that if it ain't broke, don't fix it but it feels very similar to last year. Smaller fixes are obviously good and sure there's no point with wholesale changes for the sake of it but it felt very... meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,602 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Tried the demo yesterday albeit it just one game played so far online.

It seems slower and clunkier in gameplay than PES 2018. When you press buttons there seems a slight delay before the action is carried out, this may just be online as I haven't played offline yet.

It does feel a bit more arcade-like than 2018 version. I'm sure after a handful of games it will not be an issue.

Visually it looks very good and the menus change is a welcome addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,209 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Well thank fúck for that. Some menus were so slow it was painful. I've preordered 2019 and I haven't bothered with the demo

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Cienciano wrote: »
    Well thank fúck for that. Some menus were so slow it was painful. I've preordered 2019 and I haven't bothered with the demo

You should probably download and play at least one game. They usually give something in MyClub to the people who have downloaded and played the demo. :)

Cienciano wrote: »

Yeah the demo just feels like a slicker version of 18.

It felt to me like Pes 18 2.0. Which isn't a bad thing either. Focus on what works and try to improve what doesn't.

Having said that I'm leaning towards Fifa first this year because I have actually been enjoying Fifa 18 the last couple of months. Pro evo always goes on sale so I'll probably pick it up early next year sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,646 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

So happy they've fixed the shooting this year. I've had some screamers already. Can't wait for the full release.

Wilberto wrote: »
    You should probably download and play at least one game. They usually give something in MyClub to the people who have downloaded and played the demo. :)

Good point, I'll definitely do that now!

• Advertisement

My club actually looks much better this year.

Now unfortunately you actually can get duplicates in the agents but if you get 3, you can trade them in for a player of a similar rarity. I read something about trading smart so maybe there's a way to get certain players doing it.

You can also buy agents either 1 at a time or 3 at a time. So 1 agent costs 10,000 gp as normal but if you buy a group of 3, it costs 25,000 or 250GP. They're the normal agents and not the special ones obviously.

No more need to expand player slots either. You can hold 1,000 players now!

And lastly, you can now train players into different positions. Getting very like fifa but can fifa change a striker into a left back? :D

Colemania wrote: »

And lastly, you can now train players into different positions. Getting very like fifa but can fifa change a striker into a left back? :D

That's badly needed. I think you could do it in master league. Players restricted to certain positions really annoy me, moving someone like Mata from AM to SS should not drop his stats significantly. Playing a left winger on the right shouldn't either. Placing a winger past a magical line that they don't even show anymore makes his stats go from 91 to 78 bugs the fúck out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

How do you shield a ball? And how do you move your player when receiving a pass, say i've kicked a long ball up to someone and i want to get them to start moving towards it

Not sure if it's shielding but using R2 when running with the ball keeps closer control on it.

To move your player when receiving a pass, you press R1 & R2 together. This applies in any situation. If you want to stop chasing a ball and let it run out of play, just press R1 & R2 and direct your man away from the ball. You can use it to position your man for attacking or defending corners/crosses or like you said, just to start moving towards a long ball you've played upfield.

I find it very useful when your defender is in a race against an attacker but you don't like the angle of the run your defender is making. I use R1 & R2 to take over complete manual control of his direction and you can then alter his run any way you want.

Also, I see people still discussing the L1 cursor change/player selection issue. Don't use L1. Just use the right analogue stick. Flick it towards the player you want to control. Works for me.

I really like the demo and think it looks amazing - I did find the goalkeepers to be a little bit dodgy, though. Especially when facing soft headers. Hopefully, it's something they fix before the official game release.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,076 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Played demo few times really liked it. Not big fan of demos though so I'd rather just wait play the main game.

Ill pre order the legend edition threw pro evo 18 get discount.

Well I've played a few more online games and my opinion has totally 180'd. I'm really enjoying it. I've noticed more with the online games that there's a lot less of a magnet effect on the ball which is great.

Please forgive me PES alumni for my minor indiscretion.

Can't wait for it at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

Two weeks from today! Can't bloody wait. If I remember correctly, they're meant to have all the transfers etc up-to-date by the release date. Just need to get my hands on the PES Universe option file then to get the kits sorted. They normally have option file ready for the release date.

Koolhanger wrote: »
    Two weeks from today! Can't bloody wait. If I remember correctly, they're meant to have all the transfers etc up-to-date by the release date. Just need to get my hands on the PES Universe option file then to get the kits sorted. They normally have option file ready for the release date.

Ah ya gone are the days of waiting for transfers for about 2 months. Liverpool with a good keeper, keita and shaqiri are gonna be fun to use!

I see PES Universe are effectively charging for the option file again. They're walking a very tight line by doing that and will eventually f*** it up for everyone in time. I'll be getting mine from PES Gaming anyway, as per usual. :)

No Serie B or Liga 123 this year because Konami had to make room for additional leagues.

Bit ridiculous tbh and damaging for ML players.

• Advertisement

No Serie B or Liga 123 this year because Konami had to make room for additional leagues.

Does this make the Premier League the only one with relegation? That's a shame.

I used to love starting off in the second tier of Spain and Italy as well. :(

Advertisement