Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

All Ireland hurling final tickets

• 05-08-2018 7:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭

Let's start a thread, any tickets going over next few weeks, swaps etc, help each other out

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Askabout wrote: »
    Let's start a thread, any tickets going over next few weeks, swaps etc, help each other out
    I have two for the Camogie final which I will swap for two hurling ones

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭sgthighway

Great Idea! Please God this request will be granted. Looking for 2 x Tickets for Croke Park to see Hurling Final. Willing to trade my 2 x Tickets for Croke Park to see the Pope. God Bless!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Askabout wrote: »

Next few weeks?.The Hurling Final is in two weeks,August 19.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,713 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Not much time for the football finalists to swap ticket allocations with Galway and Limerick giving the football semis are only on next weekend and the Hurling final is the week after

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

Could I ask the mods if they'd rethink their policy about not letting clubs put links up for fundraising draws for tickets if possible!!??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭puzl

This is going to be absolutely nutso for fans. Best of luck to all of you on the hunt. It was crazy enough last year, I can only imagine what it's going to be like now. Limerick has nearly 2x the population of Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭MattressRick

Edgware wrote: »
    I have two for the Camogie final which I will swap for two hurling ones

Funny!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

On the hunt for ideally 3 tickets for this but would take 1 or 2 tbh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Joe Daly

The killmacud crokes sevens is always a good place to source a ticket if you didn't have any luck getting sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Any sign of tickets appearing or will it be gold dust again this year ?

That's the one thing I miss about Kilkenny not getting to the final every year, there was always a spare ticket or two knocking about .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

andrew1977 wrote: »
    Any sign of tickets appearing or will it be gold dust again this year ?

That's the one thing I miss about Kilkenny not getting to the final every year, there was always a spare ticket or two knocking about .

Havent heard of any yet.
    Have a friend who is a massive Limerick fan goes to all games all year etc etc and hes not having any luck either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭kala85

In 2016, the tipp kilkenny final there was tickets for the final put up on ticket master.

dragonfly! wrote: »
    Havent heard of any yet.
    Have a friend who is a massive Limerick fan goes to all games all year etc etc and hes not having any luck either

Tis early days yet. Same last year till tickets started filtering through from other counties on the Saturday. As long as every potential source has been contacted then hold tight till at least Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭kala85

Tis early days yet. Same last year till tickets started filtering through from other counties on the Saturday. As long as every potential source has been contacted then hold tight till at least Saturday.

That's what normally happens but the only exception was the waterford vs Galway all Ireland last year where tickets were still gold dust and proved to be so when I arrived at the Croke Park.

Lots of people with signs etc.

The value of a season ticket comes into its own.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,562 ✭✭✭shmeee

I don't know anyone over the past number of years who wanted to go to the All Ireland and went to Dublin for the weekend and did not end up attending the final, tickets always come around. A few lads I know in Tipperary secured tickets for Sunday through various channels. Seems to be a few floating around already.

The All Ireland 7s I found out to be a no go for tickets unlike others (every second person out there is at the same thing), better off floating around the bars of Dublin on Saturday evening asking.

kala85 wrote: »
    That's what normally happens but the only exception was the waterford vs Galway all Ireland last year where tickets were still gold dust and proved to be so when I arrived at the Croke Park.

I agree with you , last year was the hardest year to try get a ticket as a neutral fan.
    Not a sniff of a ticket could I get anywhere, I am expecting the same this year with Limerick hoping to capture Liam.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 walaw

Does anybody who has got tickets for the final with their season ticket in past know if the under 16 ticket can be used by an adult? They cost the same 80 euros.....

kala85 wrote: »

Ah yeah if you don't have a ticket heading up then it'll be like last year I'd say with limerick looking to end a famine. Trying to get a ticket on the Sunday is just pure luck. There'll be loads with signs but you'd probably have as much luck chatting to people in a queue for breakfast and floating around the pubs having a pint or two on the way

shmeee wrote: »
    I don't know anyone over the past number of years who wanted to go to the All Ireland and went to Dublin for the weekend and did not end up attending the final, tickets always come around. A few lads I know in Tipperary secured tickets for Sunday through various channels. Seems to be a few floating around already.

The All Ireland 7s I found out to be a no go for tickets unlike others (every second person out there is at the same thing), better off floating around the bars of Dublin on Saturday evening asking.

Tis hard to head up Saturday night with commitments at home. I know what you're saying though. I didn't see a single ticket change hands on the Sunday last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Ray Bloody Purchase

Tis hard to head up Saturday night with commitments at home. I know what you're saying though. I didn't see a single ticket change hands on the Sunday last year.

I saw a ticket fall out of the arse pocket of a Waterford supporter last year outside Croke Park before that game. I picked it up and roared after him that he dropped it.

I nearly got raped by lads with no tickets. They were swarming everywhere.

I never saw it that bad before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,821 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

walaw wrote: »
    Does anybody who has got tickets for the final with their season ticket in past know if the under 16 ticket can be used by an adult? They cost the same 80 euros.....

When I had the season ticket you didn't use the actual season ticket card for the all Ireland, they just posted you an all Ireland ticket to your home address. There's no special under sixteen tickets for finals so as far as I know anyone could use that ticket once they have it in hand. I stand to be corrected on that though.

Yes, that's what I thought. But I got the tickets in the post yesterday and it says U16 on then in small print

• Registered Users Posts: 10,821 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

walaw wrote: »
    Yes, that's what I thought. But I got the tickets in the post yesterday and it says U16 on then in small print

Oh, didn't know that. I wouldn't say you'd have trouble getting in on the day but that's easy for me to say, they might be clamping down on that or anything. Not sure I'd chance it if any other options were available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

walaw wrote:

None of the kids on the gates are going to look at that. Once it scans it's fine.

Oh, didn't know that. I wouldn't say you'd have trouble getting in on the day but that's easy for me to say, they might be clamping down on that or anything. Not sure I'd chance it if any other options were available.

Thanks for the replies. I agree it would be risky to leave it until the day I am going to see if I can swap it with someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,562 ✭✭✭shmeee

They may be strict enough, as the initial cost of the Season Ticket is only €30 compared to €120 for an Adult and the ticket prices through out the year were cheaper for a u16 compared to the Adult prices. So even though you are paying the same for the All Ireland ticket, the investment to get the ticket is massively less than what an Adult would have paid, hence why u16 is on the ticket.

Fromm GAA.ie - "Adults will not be permitted entry using a juvenile ticket."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

already have a pair in hand mwahahaha

Can I be put my name down on here for 1 spare if any come available by anyone. :)
    Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭mjp

Likewise looking everywhere for a ticket and would bite anyone's hand off for one.Managed pick one up for last year's final off a mate of the brothers in McGraths bout half 2 but place was full of people with signs looking for ones. Don't think as many will travel up from Galway this year as people were desperate to be there to see them break the hoodoo last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭macslash

Ya same as above. Been at most the games this year and last and couldn't get one for the final last year at all. To make things worse, my TV gave up at about 66mins so had to get the rest on the radio!! Trying everywhere for one but no luck as of yet. Gaillimh abú

Advertisement