Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Any one see ‘that’ video?

• 13-08-2018 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭

Video uploaded to Facebook there yesterday which is quite hard to make out, but it’s a few guys and girls screaming around 5am Sunday morning, you can see one running away and the guys are smashing car windows and hitting a car that starts to drive off towards the end. And apparently they also smashed a few people’s house windows while they were at it.

Has confirmed ‘that area’ is an absolute no go for me / most people I know past a certain time, maybe even in broad daylight!

What the hell is happening to our city..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,782 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Video uploaded to Facebook there yesterday which is quite hard to make out, but it’s a few guys and girls screaming around 5am Sunday morning, you can see one running away and the guys are smashing car windows and hitting a car that starts to drive off towards the end. And apparently they also smashed a few people’s house windows while they were at it.

Didn't see the video but I may have been woken by this situation, if this is correct, yes the area is a no go area, particularly at night, regular joy riding there to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Well don't be so coy. It's Williamstown isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Hah Jesus didn’t even realise I didn’t mention the area. It was filmed from a balcony on Anne street...scary. I was actually at a party near the area a few months ago and what seemed to be a racist attack broke out started by the ‘gangsters’ up stairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭BlackandGreen

That whole area has been rough out for the past few years. Plenty of incidents like that happen down there. 
    Penrose court itself is a dodgy spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Yeah seen it, pretty sure of the occupants of the house. Saw a similar incident a year or two ago same place.

Doubt much can be said on the subject here in terms of naming names tbh, suffice to say not the first incident like that and actually that recent video was a fair bit tamer than the last time!

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

And here I was wondering why apartments down that way we’re going for €750 a month for a 2 bed!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Anyone got a link to this video?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭JourneyMan8

where are we talking about exactly so i never rent there lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Hah Jesus didn’t even realise I didn’t mention the area. It was filmed from a balcony on Anne street...scary. I was actually at a party near the area a few months ago and what seemed to be a racist attack broke out started by the ‘gangsters’ up stairs.

These 'parties' are often contributing if not causing the problem, it certainly drags down the place further, completely ignorant to other residents, often loud music, shouting, drink, drugs, etc....violence and stupid acts.
    Opened up this mornings Irish independent, Dublin man stabbed dozen times over prostitution, Dublin man attacked with hammer, shots fired in Clare, animal cruelty video in Clare also....Clare! Without doubt this is a national issue, hard to say whether lawlessness has gotten worse, a lot of stats say its better (except for murder rate...driven largely by Dublin gangs I'd guess), doesn't feel like that, there wasnt really junkies in a lot of our youth, that has changed, they seem to walk around with impunity too, is that garda resource issue, I don't know, and one thing for certain, everyone has a phone to record and upload this stupid behavior so loads of stuff we didn't see years ago (even say approx 5 years ago), we do see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Anyone got a link to this video?

Cant really see anything

https://www.facebook.com/AndrewSmitzz/videos/10216916536689399/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Edgarfrndly

One of the lads saw another incident happen last night. Some guy attacked a car with a bar or a bat, smashed in the windows and then assaulted the driver calling him a rat. Literally right around the corner from the garda station.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

Unsavoury but hardly that shocking / id say regular occurrence in the lively parts of any town the length and breadth of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Flow Motion

Without video evidence its hard to say if the world we occupy today is so much worse than yesteryear. Ditto social media, smartphones, the internet etc etc. Since this technological leap only occurred since the late 90's anything off the radar went unnoticed or unreported. Only have to look @ the various scandals (Church, abuse etc) that were buried without a trace. Yes I concede that the free availability and access to violent imagery, drugs etc in the interim does add an extra edge to any argument. Plus the Gardai need to be more proactive. Zero tolerance should be the order of the day. I know that the area in question on the video is pretty mutlicultural in terms of population and although the majority of foreign nationals are only looking to live and work in the country there is a percentage that would'nt be the best vintage. And I doubt respect for a different country that they have no allegiance to would be very high on their list of priorities.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭kaef

where are we talking about exactly so i never rent there lol

At the back of Aldi in Little Warsaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,649 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Know a girl who lives on this street and has done with her family for years. Not the first time it's happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭curmudgeonly

Anyone who wears white stockings unless they're playing tennis is dodgy.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

Anyone who wears white stockings unless they're playing tennis is dodgy.:D

Unless the stockings go with a mini skirt :D you may re-evaluate your position

Advertisement