Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Plastic balls

Options
  • 13-08-2018 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭

Hired contractors have recently erected 5 plastic balls over john street, they are meant to be apples :):) designed by some arty farty type,

I thought it was a poor harvest festival prop but its not they are a permanent fixture and the cost......

Circa 100,000€

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭endacl

100k?

Jaysus, they’ve some balls!

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭kilkenny31

Hoffmans wrote: »
    Hired contractors have recently erected 5 plastic balls over john street, they are meant to be apples :):) designed by some arty farty type,

I thought it was a poor harvest festival prop but its not they are a permanent fixture and the cost......

Circa 100,000€
    Yeah I noticed those. They don't look very Apple like. 😀 maybe two leaves at the top would help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

Wanted to ask what's the story with these...

not a chance you'll convince me these are apples. I know what an apple looks like. I am here long enough to know those things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Circa 100,000€

A relation of someone on the City Council designed them and won the contract!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭914

I think that 100k also includes the applemarket "spire", the big poll on the corner and other works which are happening in the area at the moment.

The apples could do with looking more applely! At night when lighting they should look good.

Two leaves at the top would help.

The splash of colour in the area is nice as well as the umbrellas by the kazbar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭azimuth17

Easy have a pop at things with a headline figure. Have you back up for that or did you just pluck it out of the ether? Lets see the link please.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Waste of money.

That’d pay the annual running cost of two Margaret Cashes and 14 kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

A relation of someone on the City Council designed them and won the contract!

Who designed them and who are they related to? Very easy to just say things like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭JohnC.

These is no city council.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,544 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Ooh! the bristles in here from being rubbed up the wrong way! I'd hate to win a contract to do any work around Waterford......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

Ooh! the bristles in here from being rubbed up the wrong way! I'd hate to win a contract to do any work around Waterford......
    Who said it was "Won"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,544 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Who said it was "Won"

Is there chips with that vinegar?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

Another 60 k spent on projectors that dont project, those big unsightly white boxes strapped to the legs of the forecourt roof,
    The idea was to put the applemarket logo onto the paving but after numerous attempts they just project a fuzzy white light :):)
    They also stuck a stainless 6"pipe with some lights in it outside kentucky 30k .....

Who signs off of this , sure st Vincent's or pet rescue could do with some of that funding...

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭RonyPonyBah

"Apples"
    UnxzrO7.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Is there chips with that vinegar?

1 on each shoulder ? :rolleyes:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭SOPHIE THE DOG

Well balanced so.........

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭kilkenny31

Seen these last night. I was hopeful they look well at night. They don't.

Maybe they should paint them brown and put salt on them.!!!!

Mmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Saw them things, thought someone forgot them after Spraoi

• Advertisement
Advertisement