Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

205 CTI / GTI VRT quote

• 27-07-2018 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Just recieved a valuation of €2,700 for VRT for a 1.9 205 CTI 93 with 105k miles. Nearly got sick. From previous threads was expecting €900. Anyone else got extortionist valuations? Paid £2500 and working on 30% rate would mean Revenue are valuing the car at €9,000!!! It's in good nick but far from concourse..... they gave me a statistical code of 44484974 which doesn't work in the VRT calculator. Anyone???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭blingrhino

frucking joke - they pull these numbers out of their arse.

if you pay it and appeal it you will 99% get a refund of a decent sum.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

a quick glance at Ebay shows several into 5 figures, so I expect that's the sort of thing they've looked at

• Registered Users Posts: 64,703 ✭✭✭✭unkel

blingrhino wrote: »
    if you pay it and appeal it you will 99% get a refund of a decent sum.

That seems very optimistic. I wouldn't take that sort of risk myself. Just wait until it's 30 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭turbocab

308GTI wrote: »
    Just recieved a valuation of €2,700 for VRT for a 1.9 205 CTI 93 with 105k miles. Nearly got sick. From previous threads was expecting €900. Anyone else got extortionist valuations? Paid £2500 and working on 30% rate would mean Revenue are valuing the car at €9,000!!! It's in good nick but far from concourse..... they gave me a statistical code of 44484974 which doesn't work in the VRT calculator. Anyone???

that's outrageous I paid 1800 e on a 1991 944 turbo 10 years ago minter with 36k miles on clock at tallaght revenue,so much for free trade and movement of goods throught the Eu,

• Registered Users Posts: 5 308GTI

Thanks for the comments. Looks like I'll have to go through the appeals process which is just a pain in the ass! Has anyone cleared a 205 GTI in the past 12 months? Would really support my case. Bet if export it back again they'll have a different valuation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Neilw

Thanks for the comments. Looks like I'll have to go through the appeals process which is just a pain in the ass! Has anyone cleared a 205 GTI in the past 12 months? Would really support my case. Bet if export it back again they'll have a different valuation.

I'd say you're just going to have to pay the 2700 and hope you get something back on appeal. Prices of 205 Gti's have shot up recently so what was imported up to 12 months ago won't be much use to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭conor2469

The alternative is to refuse to pay it and tell them you will get it out of the country. Then just sell it back to the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

I got a quote off calculator for €1200 but once I contacted Ncts was €2100 for a 92 Celica. Sent in an appeal three weeks ago have heard nothing back yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Got a refund today of 732 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭ht9zni1gs28crp

1.6 GTI in last couple of months, €1808

• Advertisement
Advertisement