Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2018/19 Premier League Injuries and Suspensions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

New Bournemouth signing Diego Rico is suspended for the first three matches after picking up two bookings on his last appearance for Leganes. Two bookings would equate to a one-match ban but he spoke out of turn to a linesman and was subsequently hit with an additional two-match ban.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/16377853.cherries-new-boy-rico-overstepped-mark-on-farewell-appearance-for-leganes/

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭CSWS101

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

CSWS101 wrote: »

They often do that, even if it's just swelling. Take the weight off the foot

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Potential concussion for Peltier, released from hospital but can't remember being knocked out in the game.

Now has a yellow flag. 75% chance of playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,010 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Danilo back in Manchester in a cast.

City down another full back. Mendy is surely nailed on for the first 3 games at this stage.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 22,362 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

https://www.arsenal.com/news/team-news-ramsey-kolasinac

Aaron Ramsey

Developed tightness in his right calf. Continues to be assessed. Aiming to train next week.

Sead Kolasinac

Sustained an injury to his left knee. Will be out for 8-10 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

@BenDinnery: United missing at least six for the opener vs Leicester on Friday.

Lukaku, Valencia, Rojo, Dalot, Herrera and Matic are all injured.

Mourinho will talk to those players who returned late post-World Cup [Young / Pogba / Lingard/ Fellaini] to determine their availability. #MUFC

Shaw already on borrowed time
    Linked with psg left back as well

I imagine front 3 for Man U will be Rashford Sanchez and Mata. Midfield should be McTominay Pereira and Fred.

• Advertisement

@FFScout: Hughes: "Cedric has been back since Monday. He was poorly last week and he looks okay now. If he’s fit and I think he’s right and ready, it won’t be a problem for him to play.

As it stands, he’s certainly an option for us too for the weekend."

#FFScout #FPL #saintsfc

@SouthamptonFC: Mark Hughes has confirmed that @IngsDanny is in contention to feature in #SaintsFC's #PL opener against Burnley on Sunday! 😇

Full team news 👇

https://sfcne.ws/IngsBurnley

@City_Watch: Pep confirms that Kevin De Bruyne and Raheem Sterling are ready to face Arsenal.

"Raheem and Kevin arrived in a perfect way."

Nothing to see here
    Move along

@City_Watch: Pep confirms that Kevin De Bruyne and Raheem Sterling are ready to face Arsenal.

"Raheem and Kevin arrived in a perfect way."

Nothing to see here
    Move along

None of Everton's deadline day signings - Gomes / Mina / Bernard - will be in the squad for Wolves. #EFC

Ramsey passed fit. Serious differential for whoever decides to go with him

@BenDinnery: Gunnarsson and Zohore picked up knocks ruling them out of today's game. #CCFC #Bluebirds https://twitter.com/FFProfessional/status/1028273152420245504

• Registered Users Posts: 39,494 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Some talk of a tosun Achilles injury

KevIRL wrote: »

Surely he’d go Niasse up top over Walcott ?

Although playing Walcott up front would allow him to use 1 of his recent signings on the right.

If it’s Niasse up front then I’m downgrading King and playing him every week. Gives me an extra million too so that’d be very very handy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

klopparama wrote: »

Surely he’d go Niasse up top over Walcott ?

Although playing Walcott up front would allow him to use 1 of his recent signings on the right.

If it’s Niasse up front then I’m downgrading King and playing him every week. Give me an extra million too so that’s be very very handy.

You'd imagine so. He's already shown the "faith" he has in Walcott with his choice of signings.

KevIRL wrote: »

I can’t find anything on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,494 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

klopparama wrote: »
    I can’t find anything on this.

Was posted on FFS and poster referenced Everton forum. Not sure if that helps. Wouldn't be making a move on it yet anyway

This is good news for siggy
    Maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Found this on Reddit/FFS and thought it'd be worthwhile forwarding for those like me slightly concerned about Ricky

Seems to be all fine.
    RICHARLISON PHYSIO UPDATE

2-3 minutes prior to Richarlisons substitution, we are able to witness the Brazilian sprinting at full pace as he marauds towards the Wolves goal. He is then tackled, but is back on his feet swiftly and accelerates back to help defend. At this point he is moving freely and fluidly without deficits.

The tv footage then focuses on another everton attack, which is conspiciously bereft of Richarlison on the left. The camera then pans to the Moutinho substitution for Wolves and then to Richarlison lying supine on the pitch, being treated by the Everton physio. So we can assume that he went down after his previous maximal effort up and down the pitch. The physio appears to be assessing his right calf muscles.

The next pertinent shot we see is Richarlison being led from the pitch.

There are several positives we can take from this footage. Firstly, he is walking off a little ‘gingerly’ with very slight inhibited flexion at the right ankle, but un-aided and he does not appear to be in much discomfort. Secondly and more pertinently, as he is walking towards the touch-line he turns right around his left side to look back and applaud the fans. This is interesting because this movement would naturally extend the right gastrocnemius and soleus (calf muscles) to an almost full extent. He shows no inhibitions and no dis-comfort during this movement.

As an educated opinion I would suggest that the Brazilian was just fatigued and spent from a maximal effort on a big money debut and suffered some cramping of the gatrocnemius. Additionally, a few minutes later we witness Richarlison sitting in the dug-out with the other players. If the medics were worried about his injury he would have been taken straight to the treatment room for a thorough assessment. All in all, I would imagine he will be fine to start next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Found this on Reddit/FFS and thought it'd be worthwhile forwarding for those like me slightly concerned about Ricky

Seems to be all fine.

Jesus someone has way too much time on their hands but this news makes me happy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭MR NINE

He did an interview on motd and he seemed delighted, no mention of an injury and no indication that he was suffering at all. I'd say he's very likely to start, I just brought him in. He may not rise today but he's going to start rising soon

The guy who wrote that.....

Where can I read more through the season :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Just saw a video of Richi going over to a fan at end of the game giving the kid a jersey. He seemed grand. No sign of limp or nothing.

• Advertisement

KDB knee injury being reported. Could be out for a while.

Advertisement