Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NEO (formerly Antshares)

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,747 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Doodee wrote: »
    I really wish the Neo team would get back to Neo and stop focusing on Ont.
    Neo had started a slow decline and seemed to be weathering the storm very well in the early days of the bear but in recent weeks it has just gone into a free fall. Current prices are below the second pump/floor it had (1st being <$1 to 7 and second being $7 - $34 ish).
    I will be reconsidering sells if it goes anywhere near $10 as that would annihilate any profits I have so far.

So if it went to $9 you'd sell? can I ask why?

What contingency would you have if just after you sold it started to climb fast?

Also, how would you cope if you sold at $9 and in three years it reached $200?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    I really wish the Neo team would get back to Neo and stop focusing on Ont.
    Neo had started a slow decline and seemed to be weathering the storm very well in the early days of the bear but in recent weeks it has just gone into a free fall. Current prices are below the second pump/floor it had (1st being <$1 to 7 and second being $7 - $34 ish).
    I will be reconsidering sells if it goes anywhere near $10 as that would annihilate any profits I have so far.

So if it went to $9 you'd sell? can I ask why?

What contingency would you have if just after you sold it started to climb fast?

Also, how would you cope if you sold at $9 and in three years it reached $200?

I'm minimising my losses by selling at $9.

No contingency, but also its fomo to just hold onto them because it *might* jump after I sell. Tbh if it's falling as far as it has then I doubt the bottom will be $9 vs $7. It would likely retest around $7 and potentially fall lower.

If it moons well then I'm unlucky.
    Do you believe in God, and if so why?
    Sometimes the blind faith thing in crypto seems a little hit and hope. Yes a lot of bitcoin hodlers have made great returns but there are also those who sold and bought the dips to gain. If I sell at $9 and it drops to $5 I can always buy more.

I'm minimising my losses by selling at $9.

No contingency, but also its fomo to just hold onto them because it *might* jump after I sell. Tbh if it's falling as far as it has then I doubt the bottom will be $9 vs $7. It would likely retest around $7 and potentially fall lower.

If it moons well then I'm unlucky.

The usual disclaimer: any coin could go to zero

I understand the rises of December and January being culled, but we are well into pure fear and super low confidence right now, if we could call December and January overpriced, then due to recent irrationality we could most certainly call this period underpriced (again, any coins can go to any price due to lack of calculable value)

In an "underpriced" market, I feel (and this is just my opinion) it's more risky to sell. For a coin like Neo, personally I would go underwater on it in a period of high fear, rather than face the risk of getting out then subsequently having to watch it go up to or over ATH

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

But it's almost the same arguement all the way down no? Holding because it *COULD* moon. Why do you feel that it hitting $9 won't be an indicator for it going even lower?

If you take Dec/Jan as an anomaly and suppose that the next run will be far smaller but spread evenly over a few months then the likelihood is that even if you did sell at $10 and the market changed, you can still get back in at a small cost, such as $12 etc as the rise will be slower.

But it's almost the same arguement all the way down no? Holding because it *COULD* moon. Why do you feel that it hitting $9 won't be an indicator for it going even lower?

If you take Dec/Jan as an anomaly and suppose that the next run will be far smaller but spread evenly over a few months then the likelihood is that even if you did sell at $10 and the market changed, you can still get back in at a small cost, such as $12 etc as the rise will be slower.

It's completely up to you, picking a price point (like $15) and tethering it might be an option.

• Advertisement
Advertisement