Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Stupid Questions

Options
  • 07-08-2018 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭

Given that the difference between winning and losing in the 100m sprint is miniscule , why do the runners carry extra weight in the form of chains and watches? Granted they would weigh much but you’d think that they would take every advantage going.

What is the point of the one arm sleeve that some of the athletes are wearing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,418 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Shelflife wrote: »
    What is the point of the one arm sleeve that some of the athletes are wearing?

Lighter than two sleeves? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,457 ✭✭✭✭28064212

You're assuming it's automatically an advantage to remove it. What if it's their 'lucky' bracelet? What if they're just so used to wearing it that removing it throws them off? I'd say both of those have a bigger possibility of affecting the final result than a physical advantage that is likely measured more on a nanosecond scale than even a millisecond one

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, and dark mode). Now available through the extension stores

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Very good point. They should run naked, especially the ladies.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

Very good point. They should run naked, especially the ladies.

how is that going to help.....you go from a small chain bouncing about to larger bits bouncing about....;)

Keeks wrote: »
    how is that going to help.....you go from a small chain bouncing about to larger bits bouncing about....;)

Pendulum effect......or something.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭diego_b

Not sure about chains and watches but the slate had a piece on hair back in 2012 -> Sanya Richards-Ross Has Long, Lustrous, Flowing Hair. Does It Slow Her Down?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

I dont think Caster Semenya would have that problem !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

I dont think Caster Semenya would have that problem !!

Must Resist...must resist...I am better then this....must not stoop to that level

Must Resist...must resist...I am better then this....must not stoop to that level

Schlong?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

<mod>sorry guys, but I'm closing this thread before it gets dragged even further into the gutter</mod>

Feel free to continue the discussion at letsrun

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement