Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SPRAOI festival. 2018.

Options
  • 01-08-2018 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭

The Weather is looking great for the weekend & the lineup for this year looks pretty impressive. especially the music.

Hope the ATN festival in Curraghmore doesn't take away too much from the crowds.

http://www.spraoi.com/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It's hardly got a mention this year, I say that not listening to local radio but it feels like all together now has dominated discussion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Love spraoi and thinks it's a fantastic festival for the city but this year I have to say I'm pretty underwhelmed by the rythem route and music in general. But I'll still being be going in around.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

comeraghs wrote: »
    Hope the ATN festival in Curraghmore doesn't take away too much from the crowds.

I would hazard a guess that the overlap is small enough and that ATN would only pull a handful of people away from Spraoi.

With both festivals on, and hopefully at least some of the ATN crowd passing through the city, maybe spending a couple of hours on the way, there should be a great buzz about. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Flow Motion

fricatus wrote: »
    I would hazard a guess that the overlap is small enough and that ATN would only pull a handful of people away from Spraoi.

With both festivals on, and hopefully at least some of the ATN crowd passing through the city, maybe spending a couple of hours on the way, there should be a great buzz about. :D

Yes both festivals should show both the locals and any visitors that Waterford can stand up and compete with its peer cities in Ireland. Dont think Galway has a major <music> festival does it?? ;) Then again it does have the Races, the Arts Festival etc etc. Personally I think the Greenway and events like ATN have opened the door for Waterford as a city. Thankfully the weather looks like its going to behave over the weekend so everyone can really enjoy both events. I plan to pop into Spraoi early in the day before heading for ATN each afternoon/evening. ATN doesnt KO until after 5pm on the Friday apparently. Lets hope everything goes to plan and passes off safely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

In around today for couple hours, great buzz around, great acts, music, etc.looking forward to seeing more. Credit to all involved, it's a massive effort. what spraoi does for Waterford is incalcuable so,
    Don't forget your gimme 5€ all, ....5 at the minimum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

SEE YOU THERE.............BRIAN

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Just back from it and it was good this evening,and hopefully better tomorrow Im looking forward to it. I can't wait for tomorrow boy, but I have to, time to go on the night shift.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Gillman1998

Great atmosphere in town yesterday (Saturday). Enjoyed some cracking music, especially Papa Zitas and a great last minute appearance by Mad Ferritt which really brought the Applemarket crowd alive. Looking forward to Microguagua and Thank Funk today.

By the way, is the same guy the singer in both Mad Ferritt and Thank Funk? I'm sure I read that somewhere, he does a great Liam impression anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Great atmosphere in town yesterday (Saturday). Enjoyed some cracking music, especially Papa Zitas and a great last minute appearance by Mad Ferritt which really brought the Applemarket crowd alive. Looking forward to Microguagua and Thank Funk today.

By the way, is the same guy the singer in both Mad Ferritt and Thank Funk? I'm sure I read that somewhere, he does a great Liam impression anyway.

He's definitely in The Saucebirds. Great covers band.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Well done to the organisers and volunteers again this year, Spraoi was fantastic. Atmosphere was super and some real gems to be found in the outdoor performances.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 bekosam

Fair play to the county council I was walking home on the Monday morning after Spraoi and the place was spotless. It was almost eerie how clean and quiet it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭azimuth17

Its the city council staff that clean Waterford city. They did a great job after a huge event.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

azimuth17 wrote: »
    Its the city council staff that clean Waterford city. They did a great job after a huge event.

I thought its both, they joined together a few years back. According to their website it's Waterford city and county council.

Advertisement