Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Music Festival Planned in Waterford for Summer 2018

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Pity they aren't doing day tickets. I'd only have an interest in one or two of the bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Happening this weekend

Hopefully everyone going has a safe time and everything goes well for the organisers

Not into the line up or festivals in general but it's a great thing for the county and hopefully it's the start of something really good for the Waterford gig scene

• Registered Users Posts: 28,703 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Happening this weekend

Hopefully everyone going has a safe time and everything goes well for the organisers

Not into the line up or festivals in general but it's a great thing for the county and hopefully it's the start of something really good for the Waterford gig scene

balls, portlaw is a no go area for the weekend then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭dzilla

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    balls, portlaw is a no go area for the weekend then

unless your looking for a few bangers

dzilla wrote: »
    unless your looking for a few bangers

oh ive gotten enough bangs out there, me shoulders still in bits from the last one:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,177 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

The festival site is looking great !!...
    Hope its a good one !! !!

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Hopefully it's a tremendous success and they can build on it and get a decent line up next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Great positively surrounding this, especially with so many mentions on radio stations like Today FM and 2FM. Hope it all goes well for the event, and becomes what the original Electric Picnic was all about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

Hopefully it's a tremendous success and they can build on it and get a decent line up next year.

Line up this year is pretty strong in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

Who would you like to see there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Good articles about festival and Waterford in hot press current edition with roisin Murphy on cover

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭Deiseen

The line up is decent. Jesus christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Deiseen wrote: »

But there's no Ed Sheeren playing for 72 hours non-stop so it can't be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Flow Motion

Too right it is. Bit of something for anyone into their music. Mogwai and Nils Frahm are worth the admission price alone. Genuine pioneers in their field. If you dont know who they are then the festival's not really for you (music snobbery aside:cool:). If fairness All Together's line up far exceeds what Electric Picnic has announced to date.

I think if you are not excited about attending such a line up/event, you are clearly not a music fan and probably a miserable toad to boot.

Max Powers wrote: »
    I think if you are not excited about attending such a line up/event, you are clearly not a music fan and probably a miserable toad to boot.

jaysis, ive no interest in music festivals at all not just in ireland, does this mean im also miserable. festivals just arent great in my opinion, sound can be dreadful, then of course the weather can also be dreadful, thankfully it looks like the weathers looking good for this weekend, so hope it all goes well

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

You could be a fan of a different type of music surely? Not a crime surely :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Its a very decent line up to be fair,i watched an interview with the organisers and they said they've signed a 10 year lease with Curraghmore estate and next year they will increase capacity from 15,000 to 20,000 and more each year after that,so next year you should see at least one 'household name' .

jaysis, ive no interest in music festivals at all not just in ireland, does this mean im also miserable. festivals just arent great in my opinion, sound can be dreadful, then of course the weather can also be dreadful, thankfully it looks like the weathers looking good for this weekend, so hope it all goes well

Probably not a music fan if there is nothing out there you would love to be seeing this weekend, loads of variety out there, loads of different genres, some classics, few drinks, food, comedy, other artsy stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭Deiseen

Cabaal wrote: »

You could be a fan of a different type of music surely? Not a crime surely :D

An actual music fan, who knows their music, could say its not to their liking, and fair enough it would be!

Saying its not decent comes across as a bit ignorant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 potatohouse

7QFdzwS.png

Max Powers wrote:
    Probably not a music fan if there is nothing out there you would love to be seeing this weekend, loads of variety out there, loads of different genres, some classics, few drinks, food, comedy, other artsy stuff.

Hahaha, I've probably seen a couple of hundred gigs at this stage in my life, was only at a gig in Dublin during the week, ah I'm done with outdoor gigs, sound is normally ****e, there is plenty on this weekend though, so enjoy yourselves folks

Hahaha, I've probably seen a couple of hundred gigs at this stage in my life, was only at a gig in Dublin during the week, ah I'm done with outdoor gigs, sound is normally ****e, there is plenty on this weekend though, so enjoy yourselves folks

Maybe the second thing then.

Max Powers wrote:
    Maybe the second thing then.

The second thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,177 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

It was an overwhelming success . Massive praise from the majority of gig goers...

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Flow Motion

Retired from the festival scene after the EP in 2009. Decided that since ATN was on the doorstep I would jump back in. And I was very pleasantly surprised. It was a fantastically well laid out and organised event. I'll admit we were blessed with the weather which always makes everything that much better IMO.

I did'nt opt to camp and commuted back & forth each of the days. And even that was a very smooth operation as there was no delays. From my doorstep to being parked up in the site : 34mins to be exact. Even getting into the arena was flawless with little or no queuing.

There was a nice relaxed vibe throughout and good to see families/young kids out and about. Only saw the 1 or 2 guys who had taken a few shandies too many. The line up of acts was pretty good too. I dipped in and out of a lot of things and was rewarded by finding acts I had never heard of before [Saint Sister, grandbrothers, whenyoung]. Primarily I was there to see Mogwai [Fri nite] and Nils Frahm [Sun nite] and both lived up to my expectations. Nils Frahm is a genius!

Finally its great to finally see such an event reach Waterford. It can only help to further strengthen our draw as a region. Coming on the back of all the publicity from the Greenway over the past year it will surely pave the way for further developments down the line. Slowly but surely we are adding to our portfolio of attractions. So lets be proud of Spraoi, the Greenway, GIY, Waterford Walls, Harvest Festival etc together with the abundance of natural attractions.

Roll on ATN 2019!

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

The driving force behind ATN, John Reynolds, died suddenly tonight at age 52. Very sad news, RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭aziz

Absolutely tragic news,met him years ago and he was a very decent skin.
    RIP

Very sad news, rip

• Advertisement
Advertisement