Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Telltale's Walking Dead : The Final Season

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,082 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Clem has earned a rest.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Which she will probably get...one way or another.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,434 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ok, that's motivation to finish season 3. I'm on ep 3 and hate everyone except Clem.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

https://telltale.com/news/2018/06/telltale-s-the-walking-dead-the-final-season-premieres-august-14-pre-orders-available-june-8-/

Episode one of The Walking Dead: The Final Season will be available for download worldwide starting August 14, 2018 on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. The Final Season will also come to Nintendo Switch later this year, and starting this Friday, June 8, you'll be able to pre-order the game on PC, PS4, and Xbox One for $19.99.

Everyone who pre-orders the game will receive download access to each of the season's four episodes as they become available. If you pre-order on PS4 or Xbox One, you'll also receive immediate access to The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series Collection, which gathers all 19 existing episodes into a single package. So basically you get the entire series for free and can enjoy the journey in full before reaching the final chapter later this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I didn't know that, cheers. I finished TWD seasons 1 & 2 and 100 days. I'm thoroughly burned out on the Telltale formula though so I've not touched season 3. I think for Clem I could make the effort though. I swear to **** though, if she dies in the end...

• Advertisement

Dev blog said this will have a new over the shoulder camera, upgraded graphics art style, unscripted combat and more freedom to explore environments.

Demo is out today, might give it a peek but won't play much, strange to give a demo for a game like this

Really looking forward to this, especially with how session 3 ended.

Dunno why the spoiler didn't hide, deleted it now.

Only planned to play a few minutes of the demo to see how it plays, ending up playing the full thing, about 15 - 20 minutes. Whiff of season 1 off it, in a very good way. Playing the protective role again, AJ is actually a funny non-annoying kid. I've cared more about Clem and AJ in this demo that everyone (except Clem) in season 3 combined. Great action, tense scenes, had my mouth wide open a couple of times and a decision that made me sit back and stare at for a few minutes.

Really looking forward to the full game after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Just a quick query - It says you get the Walking Dead Collection free if you preorder - I've finished Seasons 1 and 2 already, but I didn't bother with 3, but 3 doesn't seem to be included in this collection. Can anyone confirm or deny that it's included in the collection?

• Advertisement

Season 3 is called A New Frontier so it is included in the full collection as well as the mini season 400 days and the michonne season.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Season 3 is called A New Frontier so it is included in the full collection as well as the mini season 400 days and the michonne season.

Cheers. Makes sense for me to preorder then as I've not played New Frontier or Michonne, so the whole collection for 24 isn't bad.

This will have a My Clementine story builder if you don't have saves to import. You can watch and make your own Clem to see what it's like in the link before, cool feature.

https://telltale.com/storybuilder/

Out tomorrow so today's the last day to avail of the preorder offer where you get The Walking Dead Collection for free.

Out tomorrow so today's the last day to avail of the preorder offer where you get The Walking Dead Collection for free.

Thanks for that reminder, will do that tonight.

Just gonna get them as the episodes come out, cannot wait to get stuck into ep 1 tomorrow.

Anyone know what time episode 1 will be available? Telltale Twitter said it was released hours ago but can't see it on Irish or US PSN. You hardly have to buy the season pass to get access to it?

Wow! Well this is ****ing stupid. The game page says 'save money by buying the season pass' so I figured we could buy episodes separately. I didn't pre-order cuz I already played the series but I would have liked the avatars if I knew I'd have to buy the whole thing anyway.

https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/1029222197552807938?s=19

• Great it'll be in the sales at christmas most likely. I can wait.

• Advertisement

So ye may or may have not heard, telltale games has closed down, keeping a skeleton crew of 25 staff to finish projects to fulfill board and partner projects. It looks like this means Minecraft for Netflix. Word is that episode 2 of the final season will be the last and the rest of the season has been cancelled.

If that's true, then.... **** :(

tumblr_n2jrpu0V8S1tv5c8ro2_500.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Will people who bought the full season pass get a refund one wonders. I only finished S1 of the Walking Dead on Thursday (got my first ever platinum trophy). Enjoyed it so was considering getting the rest at some stage in the future.

No idea, probably won't know until Telltale give a definite update on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Because of issues with save file, I still haven't finished the previous season. Have to get back to that soon. Very sad to hear that Telltale will be no more. TWD Season 1 is still one of my fondest gaming memories. I imagine we won't get the fitting ending to this tale. Hard to see how it'll be wrapped up (again, missing some info in last couple of eps).

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭neirbloom

I worked there as a designer and all of us on the design team tried soooo hard to parlay the company's strengths in character and narrative into other genres or even iterate on the basic design of it's style of adventure game. But time and again, anything that broke the established doctrine would be squeezed out in review or scoped out of existence by production. As designers, by nature we want to do something new or improve upon the old, but at Telltale there were powerful forces arrayed against you. I do think TT fell victim to a mismanagement of its expansion. Too big, too fast translates into massive overhead, which means having to ship a lot of product, which leads to skirting razor-thin margins because you've saturated an already fickle market, which leads to a risk-averse and entrenched leadership, who hold on to aging technology, are obsessed with the Telltale "formula," hoping to strike gold just one more time, all the while the fan base is begging for something different. The execs heard this but interpreted it as "big IP's." Chasing one costly IP after another, while Life is Strange and Near Dawn ate our lunch. They ignored the fact that they had professional writers and designers who'd had TV seried optioned, their own comics, their own tabletop RPG's and boardgames, a literal IP-generating powerhouse right under their noses. But they'd rather have them write jokes for Patton Oswalt.
    I know that all the devs, not the executives, worked in the hope that they were finally going to get the chance to break out of the entrenched systems and old technology and start innovating again, right up until the day they were laid off.

This comes from a Designer at TT from Reddit and it really rings true to how I thought the company would end. Pity a studio which started so strong was ruined by Executive types trying to make quick buck by churning out these lacklustre IPs from already successful franchises.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,136 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Because of issues with save file, I still haven't finished the previous season. Have to get back to that soon. Very sad to hear that Telltale will be no more. TWD Season 1 is still one of my fondest gaming memories. I imagine we won't get the fitting ending to this tale. Hard to see how it'll be wrapped up (again, missing some info in last couple of eps).

Yeah it's sad that, given what TWD was to them, they didn't get a chance to bring it to the end. Only played Seasons 1 & 2. S1 was truly amazing. My first experience with that type of game and I thought it was so great. TWAU and TFTB were both absolutely fantastic too. I think however I started to get jaded by the type of game and the erratic release schedules when it came to TWD S2.

GoT was the worst example of "illusion of choice", as by the end it really felt like nothing you said or did mattered at any point, and that if there was a S2 of it, it'd feature mostly new people because of the possible deaths in the first one (as it'd be next to impossible for them to have carried on focused on the same characters given how far the story would have branched out). Batman S1 was okay, but was too restrictive given its source material. The QTE events also felt far too forgiving where I'm sure I pressed the wrong button a few times but it still allowed it.

I'm most disappointed we won't get S2 of TWAU now. Was really looking forward to it. The story, setting and characters were just so fantastic.

Borderlands was the last game they made I really enjoyed, the writing was so good. GoT I didn't even finish, same with Batman. GotG I looked at but could never summon the energy to buy. I got this season of TWD because, as someone else said, Season one was outstanding and I wanted to see what happened to Clem. It's a real shame we wont see it, but now I wonder if we'll get our season pass money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,136 ✭✭✭✭Penn

fixxxer wrote: »
    Borderlands was the last game they made I really enjoyed, the writing was so good. GoT I didn't even finish, same with Batman. GotG I looked at but could never summon the energy to buy. I got this season of TWD because, as someone else said, Season one was outstanding and I wanted to see what happened to Clem. It's a real shame we wont see it, but now I wonder if we'll get our season pass money back.

Man I completely forgot they even did GOTG, whereas it would have been a game right up my alley.

I was close to buying the season pass for the final red season but I'm so glad I stuck with my gut that this was a dodgy thing for them to do. I hope everyone gets a refund. Saying that I'd still like to play the 2 episodes that released.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,195 ✭✭✭maximoose

Got refunded by microsoft tonight - I raised a ticket this morning

Advertisement